Avengers
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox One

riteshagl

County Cricketer
With regards to lack of edges, one thing i have noted is that when shot choice is poor, the ball will not even take an outside edge of the bat.

I will try to make sense of it.

I undertand if shot choice is poor, it misses the bat but sometimes the ball passes through outside edge of the bat as if it did not touch the bat. See below videos for better understanding.

It seems to me that the coding is such that poor shot choice means no connection with the bat. If the result would be an outside edge, it would add to edge frequency and be less forgiving for poor shot choice (right now the worst scenario in poor shot choice is that you miss the ball). It seems as if edges are mostly related to timing, that too late timing. Edges should occur due to poor shot choice as well. In the above videos, the ball passes through the bat's outside edge but no edge is registered.

I hope i am making sense.

N Jones

Club Captain
I know one thing..batting is a lot different from DB17[DOUBLEPOST=1512589150][/DOUBLEPOST]Has anyone started doing English county sides..?

francobaldo1

Fearsome tweak legend...
PlanetCricket Award Winner
I know one thing..batting is a lot different from DB17[DOUBLEPOST=1512589150][/DOUBLEPOST]Has anyone started doing English county sides..?

until the PC academy is not released things will got a bit slow i think, except for the Beta testers

MuchMore

International Coach
Profile Flag
Fiji
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
Is it just me or have the player names in commentary have gone down considerably? For e.g. I couldn't find common Indian surname Pandey (like Manish Pandey) in the commentary list.

One of my favourite things from DBC franchise was how BA took the pain of adding names and surnames of us commoners. But this time around they have even missed some of the international players, have to say I'm a bit let down on that front. :(

D

Deleted member 185125

Is it just me or have the player names in commentary have gone down considerably? For e.g. I couldn't find common Indian surname Pandey (like Manish Pandey) in the commentary list.

One of my favourite things from DBC franchise was how BA took the pain of adding names and surnames of us commoners. But this time around they have even missed some of the international players, have to say I'm a bit let down on that front. :(
I couldn't find virat or Kohli.

eaglesrjh

School Cricketer
A quick question from someone who's thinking of getting the game.

How is the commentary this time round.

One of my biggest issues with DBC 17 is the badly timed commentary, not worried about it being repetitive but it annoyed me to be told "on debut" when it's not or "end the over as they began" when it's not. etc.

Does the commentary in Ashes actually fit whats happening?

Ace123

International Cricketer
TPCL Titans
Profile Flag
India
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC

One of my biggest issues with DBC 17 is the badly timed commentary, not worried about it being repetitive but it annoyed me to be told "on debut" when it's not or "end the over as they began" when it's not. etc.

Cricket being a game which is played for a long duration and being a game where numerous scenarios/situation raise, commentary will be repeated and irrelevant at most times. It’s no difference in Ashes Cricket as well.

D

Deleted member 185125

Commentary is still bad. :noway[DOUBLEPOST=1512636370][/DOUBLEPOST]
Cricket being a game which is played for a long duration and being a game where numerous scenarios/situation raise, commentary will be repeated and irrelevant at most times. It’s no difference in Ashes Cricket as well.
I don't mind commentary being repetitive. But at least, it should be accurate.

cd779

Club Captain
Profile Flag
England
You can download county sides with corrected names, player roles and stadiums from The SFC Chris. Still a work in progress though.

Users who are viewing this thread