Ashes Cricket General Discussion

CaptainOZ

Panel of Selectors
You can play an odd backfoot shot, especially the one through Point but it is rare. On the whole batting off the backfoot is quite under-powered and feels nerfed. I'm not saying DBC 14 was perfect and didn't have its issues but to me it was the closest to being the perfect cricket game, and in fact if DBC 14 base was carried over for the other iterations, we would be in a far better position.

Some of the nuances DBC 14 captured so well - difference in difficulties (from Amateur to Legend), batting, changing length via RS, catching using RS and dropped catches, career mode with correct stats and reward for better performance (you skilled more after better performances) - etc. were spot on. I still don't understand how we could've taken a step or two back in some or most of these areas despite two more iterations of the game since DBC 14. I simply don't see enough progress for the franchise since DBC 14 days and that's frustrating to see as a cricket gaming fan.
And just now, I go to YouTube to watch gameplay of their new AO Tennis game. In the very first serve of the very first point, the linesman yells out "OUT!" when the player serves a fault, instead of "FAULT".*

That's BigAnt for you. Complete lack of awareness of sport's basic features - just like their omissions and incompetence with the stats in this cricket game.

(*And Nadal is punching the air for every single point he wins, right from the very first game in the first set. Why? Why is he celebrating every point won against a low-ranked player? This BigAnt mob just don't get it.)

cricket_online

ICC Board Member
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
And just now, I go to YouTube to watch gameplay of their new AO Tennis game. In the very first serve of the very first point, the linesman yells out "OUT!" when the player serves a fault, instead of "FAULT".*

That's BigAnt for you. Complete lack of awareness of sport's basic features - just like their omissions and incompetence with the stats in this cricket game.

(*And Nadal is punching the air for every single point he wins, right from the very first game in the first set. Why? Why is he celebrating every point won against a low-ranked player? This BigAnt mob just don't get it.)

AO Tennis is out? I thought it was releasing Jan 16th. Or are you talking about the mobile game?

wasteyouryouth

Verified
Admin
PlanetCricket Award Winner

More importantly does he remove his wedgie before every point?

Nathaus

Club Captain
Profile Flag
Australia
Example of a mini-man. Excuse the bad picture but it's taken with my phone from the TV.

Number 14. A typical Ashes Cricket mini-man that wasn't in any of the dbc games. View attachment 203314
I don't believe the player models would be different for batting and bowling. Given you only create one model in the academy. Maybe there is an issue with perspective but players in my game all appear to be normal sized people, all of the time? What system are you on?

Unless it's an issue with the teams you've downloaded?

Checked again, absolutely 100% not seeing weird dwarf like mini men come out to bat...

Last edited:

Pinch hitter

Smash… Smash… Smash!
India
RCB...
Avengers
In my career mode little different... lots of players have girls surname, like Kumari etc (Kumar is male surname)... and there voice also low tone like girls voice... and most of them have long hair styles like girls...

Jerm

International Coach
SA.....
Profile Flag
South Africa
Hi guys, just got the game. How should I go about updating the sides? Was downloading from @Llewelynf. But it says that I have X logo already, or I have Y player on-disc already, while quick downloading multiple teams. Do I replace the new player with current or stick with current? I don't know how all this linking and all works so a bit confused. thanks.
overwrite everything, so replace players and logos as you download

francobaldo1

Fearsome tweak legend...

that video is actually from the mobile version of the game. Just for the "awareness".

Llewelynf

FRIEDLELE
SA.....
Profile Flag
South Africa
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
Watching SA vs Ind and the bowlers are bowling a really good line and length consistently making SA work hard despite very little lateral assistance. Makes me honestly wish the AI were able to exert that kind of pressure consistently.

zimrahil

Retired Administrator
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Watching SA vs Ind and the bowlers are bowling a really good line and length consistently making SA work hard despite very little lateral assistance. Makes me honestly wish the AI were able to exert that kind of pressure consistently.

Yeah I set all England’s bowlers accuracy to 100 and mentality to balanced or precise. Playing on veteran, Was bit better but still no real pressure exerted. Was exacerbated by fact I cannot edge the ball so scoring freely .....

Jalen

Club Captain
Profile Flag
Australia
Anyone else still having trouble downloading from the academy?

Users who are viewing this thread