Ashes Cricket General Discussion

blockerdave

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England
Yeah because the patch isn't ready.

Untrue. By definition, a stable build released to beta (as in they and the beta are happy that it hasn't regressed any areas or introduced crashes) can be released as an incremental patch, per AO.

It was a decision BA had to make, mentioned in beta, whether to release incremental patches or a larger one.

HonkaWonka

Banned
I'm here to give an opinion on the majority of people I speak too with the game not involved in a fan boys forum. Because if they only read this forum and the comments here, it's no wonder they think it's acceptable for them.

blockerdave

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England
As a new member could you think about the contribution that you are looking to make so that you don't get off on the wrong foot. More posts just decrying the lack of a patch or restating your opinion on what BA should or shouldn't do are not adding to the sum of human happiness. It's not about becoming a fanboy...just about interacting with others in a way that is more demonstrable of critical thinking processes and shows consideration for those who read your posts over consideration you have for your own opinion

there's an element of truth in this, but why did a staff member pick out a post that was little different to lots of other posts and question him about his opinion on the beta feedback, as if that is the specific topic of this thread and nothing else has been allowed ever?

notwithstanding he is obviously deano in disguise?

HonkaWonka

Banned
there's an element of truth in this, but why did a staff member pick out a post that was little different to lots of other posts and question him about his opinion on the beta feedback, as if that is the specific topic of this thread and nothing else has been allowed ever?

notwithstanding he is obviously deano in disguise?

Are you referring to me because my name is actually Will ....[DOUBLEPOST=1521024218][/DOUBLEPOST]I mean they can by all means continue to take their time, but I know a dozen people personally who will never get one of their games again because of it. So can imagine just how many altogether they are losing.

master110

Club Captain
Profile Flag
England
Untrue. By definition, a stable build released to beta (as in they and the beta are happy that it hasn't regressed any areas or introduced crashes) can be released as an incremental patch, per AO.

It was a decision BA had to make, mentioned in beta, whether to release incremental patches or a larger one.

Thats not how it works.

PC gets a few patches then console gets all of these patches in one go.
Finally someone with some sense. Enough with the excuses for the amount of time. Oh they are small blah blah blah. Simple fact is, it should of been released in a better state to start with. Just like AO Tennis. They get away with it because of the 'oh we are here for the long term'.

Whining won't make the patch gets released any faster. Just sell the game and play something else. You will never be happy.

blockerdave

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England
Thats not how it works.

PC gets a few patches then console gets all of these patches in one go.

i know exactly how it works. for one - delivering software is literally my job. any stable build can be delivered. that doesn't mean every build that goes to beta can or should, but the stable ones can if they wished. for two, i was part of the discussion when a BA employee said exactly that they had still to decide whether to deliver small incremental patches or a larger one. for three, that the beta team are able to play complete matches, without significant regression or crashes is evidence that build could be a patch. @Dutch has mentioned earlier in this thread about certain builds coming to them and not being very playable (and i've seen that myself before) - obviously those don't class at stable. the current one appears to be stable.

Kass D

County Cricketer
I get the frustration we all are. And feel like taking it up with beta boys or anyone you think on the BAs side. But from personal experience i have to say this is counterproductive. Just becouse we hate how BA is treating this game, will not make them change their approach one bit. And its not beta boys call as well. So lets just stay calm.

Spoobir

Thread of the Month March 2018
Getting bowled to a legspinner bowling offspinner especially while leaving the ball is a turnoff

You mean a googly? That is nowhere near as rare as the doosra, in fact a lot of leggies do actually bowl it more than their leg-break...

Users who are viewing this thread