Ashes Cricket General Discussion

Thieves

Club Captain
I think that the left analog stick should not be for movement prior to the ball being bowled. They should perhaps assign that to the right analog.

The foot placement should perhaps be assigned to R1 and R2 for front foot and backfoot shots respectively.

The left analog should be used more for the direction of the shot , with the green bar being visible when the analog is moved (just like in standard controls).

Prior to the delivery being bowled, the batsman will be shown moving (not moving feet, but perhaps leaning in the direction that the left analog is aimed).

This gives the player an opportunity to "play around" with the left analog before ball is even bowled, with the batsmen shown leaning or slightly stepping in accordance with the left analog.

In other words, the batsmen will have a 360 degree feel of the movement of the player and we will be able to play around with the left analog before ball is delivered.

Shot placement will still be right analog, but a mixture of the 2 angles (left and right analog) will affect the actual final shot.

It's just a suggestion I have come up with after years of playing cricket games.

I believe this will provide better control of each batsmen hence batsmen seeming less static and stationary before the ball is bowled.
Feedback would be appreciated guys. Let me know what you think.

disco123

County Cricketer
Profile Flag
England
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
Ok, in beta GrK and I both think there are some occasional weird results with the front foot sliding across sometimes but we haven't got a good idea about what causes it. Sometimes the left stick and footwork don't quite seem to match up.

How often is it happening for you?

Quite regularly, only against fast , fast medium bowling never against spin , I reckon 1 in 5 dismissals are this weird lbw animation, I try and get round it by driving straight but then risk edging behind , I think pitch type might have an impact on this dismissal too but that is an educated guess!

Perfect Square

No Corners
PAK...
CSK
LQ
MS
Sydney Sixers
Brisbane Heat
Birmingham Phoenix
The Boys
Profile Flag
Pakistan
What's the best technique to make good and accurate faces? I'm so bad in making them that I managed to only match perhaps 5% of what I actually aim to make.

Pieter Nel

School Cricketer
Hi all, I have trouble downloading more bats from the community. I play Ashes on PS4. When I load the bats list, it gives the list of 20 or 50 bats as requested, but when I select the download/show more option it does not give any more bats! It shows just those that were already there. For instance showing results: 50 ot of 850.
I hope someone can tell me what to do.
Thank you

ndschan

Club Captain
Has anyone observed the action for Finger Spin Type 2 has become more front on. Or is it just me. Just wondering how is it possible without the patch, agreed haven't been playing much but observed the change after the Sony update for PS.

Perfect Square

No Corners
PAK...
CSK
LQ
MS
Sydney Sixers
Brisbane Heat
Birmingham Phoenix
The Boys
Profile Flag
Pakistan
Opened Ashes Cricket and getting an error "A connection to the server has failed".
Checked my status at status.bigant.com DBC14 is running perfectly. Don't know what could be the issue.

EDIT: Is the game down?

Last edited:

gkvarma18

Associate Cricketer
Profile Flag
India
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Opened Ashes Cricket and getting an error "A connection to the server has failed".
Checked my status at status.bigant.com DBC14 is running perfectly. Don't know what could be the issue.

EDIT: Is the game down?
Ashes cricket servers are down.Waiting for BigAnt to solve this issue.

PjPage59

Club Captain
Had 1 test to go to complete my full South African tour of India and accidentally simmed it. Absolutely devastated.

gillyboy04

Associate Cricketer
AUS..
Profile Flag
Australia
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
Ashes cricket servers are down.Waiting for BigAnt to solve this issue.
Hopefully the servers will be back up soon, eager to play Ashes right now!

Users who are viewing this thread