Ashes Cricket General Discussion

D

Deleted member 185125

What are the scores of simulated AI vs AI matches ???
Are the AI chasing second Innings total within 10 overs ?
I don't simulate matches unless it is career mode. So far I have tried with low rated teams and different difficulty settings, but no luck. Not sure what to try next. Any suggestions?

ndschan

Club Captain
Online Cricket Games Owned
@
I don't simulate matches unless it is career mode. So far I have tried with low rated teams and different difficulty settings, but no luck. Not sure what to try next. Any suggestions?
For Career Sims, I've found simulating the match by ball, gives more realistic runrates. You need to press Square button continuously, also while batting I don't press the Square/Skip button and actually watch the match from non-strikers end. Again more realistic runrates

Gamefroggy

Associate Cricketer
Profile Flag
South Africa
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
@

For Career Sims, I've found simulating the match by ball, gives more realistic runrates. You need to press Square button continuously, also while batting I don't press the Square/Skip button and actually watch the match from non-strikers end. Again more realistic runrates

Dont have the game but watching a guy on youtube called Twisty who plays Career mode on Veteran difficulty, and it seems that run rates are realistic even when simulating. Not sure if he plays on console or pc. Hope this helps:)

D

Deleted member 185125

It's not just the runrate, scores of 450 and 500+ gets chased down in the 4th innings by AI.

wasteyouryouth

Verified
Admin
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Managed to complete my first match without a BSOD in a long time.

What sort of levels are people playing T20 on? I tried a custom game, following the idea of @Mohammed Sherry, set two powerplays (6 overs and 14 overs) on Veteran. Virtually the same pattern as the previous game I played as a normal T20 (45 after the powerplay, 70 after 10 overs and 147/149 at the end of the innings). Had a one leave and a forward defensive in the 17th over, aside from that it was nudging and nurdling at the end.

I'd forgotten how easy batting is, at least to chase the score. Hitting lofted down the ground is tough but there's always huge gaps to exploit down the backward point region. Reverse sweeps a plenty.

Attachments

• 20181205000908_1.jpg
    20181205000908_1.jpg
    366 KB · Views: 9
D

Deleted member 185125

Managed to complete my first match without a BSOD in a long time.

What sort of levels are people playing T20 on? I tried a custom game, following the idea of @Mohammed Sherry, set two powerplays (6 overs and 14 overs) on Veteran. Virtually the same pattern as the previous game I played as a normal T20 (45 after the powerplay, 70 after 10 overs and 147/149 at the end of the innings). Had a one leave and a forward defensive in the 17th over, aside from that it was nudging and nurdling at the end.

I'd forgotten how easy batting is, at least to chase the score. Hitting lofted down the ground is tough but there's always huge gaps to exploit down the backward point region. Reverse sweeps a plenty.

I'm on PS4. Veteran difficulty. Bowling on hardest with no input hud. Standard controls. Batting on custom hardest. Pace at 70 min and 80 max.
Swing at 50 and pace & spin revolution at 20.
Never had a leave since the changes.

D

Dutch

Just had the following: Lyon bowls to Stoke...hits Stokes on the pads and is given out but I am thinking it's going down leg so I appeal....replay shows the ball just nicking the bat, onto the pads and caught! I am thinking feck me that's brilliant...fair enough and I turn to walk....umpire over turns his own decision and Stokes can stay.....ooooooo that will run and run!!!

wasteyouryouth

Verified
Admin
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Following on from the Bowling Advice thread...
Will be keen to follow your progress on this: have picked the game up after putting it down for a while. its is still a game with masses of depth and potential and especially in longer formats very enjoyable....
Played a couple of different forms - a custom ODI and a bit of a test match - with two reskilled teams and my custom batting settings. From a human perspective it actually feels pretty decent. I scored about 210 all out in the ODI. Batting was tough, my wickets were often down to impatience or loose shots. Several bowled or caught trying big hits. Lots of nicks, although I've never had a problem not nicking the ball.

The problem comes when the AI bat second and they went at the same run rate as I'd experienced from the AI teams when they bat first in a T20. Whatever the mechanic in place that determines how the AI bat just removes the enjoyment to make it fun. Bowling feels like serving up runs above anything else.

The test match was mainly in trying to figure out how the placement of fielders work. My curiosity got the better of me :facepalm. But it was about 10-12 overs with two seamers at two left-handers. In swingers into the left-handers felt almost perfect with the new ball. Out-swingers go too much, although the one wicket I did get was a lovely little feather edge behind to the keeper. One of those satisfying moments where the game feels spot on.

Users who are viewing this thread