Ashes Cricket General Discussion

D

Dutch

Has anyone ever used that 'walk' control mentioned under 'running between wickets', I've never had any luck with it (aka) I've always been given out whenever I should xD

I’ve tried multiple times but nothing has ever happened.

I think it may be stuck in Stuart Broad mode.......the only way to get it out of Broad mode is to apply the Stokes Gambit using your controller as a broken glass.....

hammadahmed88

County Cricketer
Profile Flag
Pakistan
@MattW

I have played quite a few innings now and can report that the latest patch has definitely removed wickets completely from career mode. This was fine for spinners before, broken for pacers. Now, it seems to be for both. No wickets for spinners or pacers in career.

jabbathehut

County Cricketer
@MattW

I have played quite a few innings now and can report that the latest patch has definitely removed wickets completely from career mode. This was fine for spinners before, broken for pacers. Now, it seems to be for both. No wickets for spinners or pacers in career.

For the first time ever I had a catching chance off my own bowling.Put it down of course.Also haven't taken a wicket since patch but opposition is on legend though had 3 wickets before patch.

Jerm

International Coach
SA.....
Profile Flag
South Africa
For the first time ever I had a catching chance off my own bowling.Put it down of course.Also haven't taken a wicket since patch but opposition is on legend though had 3 wickets before patch.
yeah drop to veteran, much better experience

gillyboy04

Associate Cricketer
AUS..
Profile Flag
Australia
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
This reminds me, a few months back I actually took a caught and bowled off my own bowling in career mode. I'm an All-Rounder who bowls pace btw, I bowled a short ball which was mistimed and slightly popped up it the air, I was then given the mini game option and caught it on my follow through. Wish I had a video to show! First and only time it's happened to me so far.

rasdan

Club Captain
This reminds me, a few months back I actually took a caught and bowled off my own bowling in career mode. I'm an All-Rounder who bowls pace btw, I bowled a short ball which was mistimed and slightly popped up it the air, I was then given the mini game option and caught it on my follow through. Wish I had a video to show! First and only time it's happened to me so far.

yes it is a rare occurrence,ive had it about twice playing an ashes series but its satisfying when it does happen.A bit like back to back wickets,ive taken wickets in successive deliveries and it feels great.

SiddGaming

School Cricketer
i cannot access community of ashes its showing "cricket academy" its saying the table 'audit' is full how to access it today not showing earlier i had no problems.

rasdan

Club Captain
i do love the game,however there are still afew irritating things that ned sorting.My biggest complaint is how drs is used.Twice today the aussies escaped lbw decisions due to an inside edge but on both occasions the ball carried to the keeper and was caught.definitely not lbw but caught behind for sure.just a bit annoying when you desperately need a wicket

D

Deleted member 185125

i do love the game,however there are still afew irritating things that ned sorting.My biggest complaint is how drs is used.Twice today the aussies escaped lbw decisions due to an inside edge but on both occasions the ball carried to the keeper and was caught.definitely not lbw but caught behind for sure.just a bit annoying when you desperately need a wicket

Even I had the issue. Was quite shocked when the Umpire gave it not out after the review.

Similarly annoying is the way AI hits the ball on their body for no run and happens quite frequently. And even more frustrating is the return of the lob catches to the keeper off hook/pull shots. Again happens very frequently. This wasnt the case prior to the patch.

Here's a video for the dismissal.

Last edited by a moderator:

wasteyouryouth

Verified
Admin
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Even I had the issue. Was quite shocked when the Umpire gave it not out after the review.

Similarly annoying is the way AI hits the ball on their body for no run and happens quite frequently. And even more frustrating is the return of the lob catches to the keeper off hook/pull shots. Again happens very frequently. This wasnt the case prior to the patch.

Here's a video for the dismissal.

I had the pull shot keeper catches quite a bit before the patch.

D

Deleted member 185125

I had the pull shot keeper catches quite a bit before the patch.
It was frequent during the initial stages but It did feel like it went away since the previous two or three patches. But I'm getting it a lot since 1.11. I'm on PS4.

wasteyouryouth

Verified
Admin
PlanetCricket Award Winner
It was frequent during the initial stages but It did feel like it went away since the previous two or three patches. But I'm getting it a lot since 1.11. I'm on PS4.
I think it's something that potentially happens more often with certain batsmen (because of the batting style animation) on certain pitches and perhaps with some other variables like delivery type or height of the batsman. I'd hope it's that rather than being a trigger for a caught behind but it just does it in an unrealistic way.

Users who are viewing this thread