Ashes Cricket General Discussion

Ace123

International Cricketer
TPCL Titans
Profile Flag
India
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Would have loved to see a bit about career mode as well, but this is really exciting stuff.
Agreed. Great gameplay video. Would love to hear the following from @BigAntStudios sometime before the release

Is Stats issue sorted out in career mode ?

What are changes done in Career mode ?

Will the batting stance be a generic one like DBC14/17 or can we assign these as per our choice (like Maxwell, Smith or sideon, open stance etc) ?

Will the bowling action be same generic or we shall select as per or choice ?

A short video soon before the release explaining these should be helpful and bring more enthusiasm to the buyers.

Jerm

International Coach
SA.....
Profile Flag
South Africa
Mainly being an online player myself, the game is lost/won on reading opponent's mind... if CPU/AI controls the footwork/shot placement of one of the players,it will be easier for him to judge as he just needs to time it and the CPU/AI will do the rest...!! Whereas, the other player playing with old controls will have no other options but to play on same controls as opponent to beat him.That's why I want it to be restricted to old controls for LEGEND difficulty...!!!
Make it a toggle ON/OFF for the host of the online game ;)[DOUBLEPOST=1509340476][/DOUBLEPOST]Fielding bugs still there? overthrows? rubbish throwing? and the 160KPH balls?

Snowy

ICC Board Member
Profile Flag
Australia
Make it a toggle ON/OFF for the host of the online game ;)[DOUBLEPOST=1509340476][/DOUBLEPOST]Fielding bugs still there? overthrows? rubbish throwing? and the 160KPH balls?

You know the bowling speed slider exists yeh? It clearly says 'effort ball' on the 160KPH deliveries - something that would massively drain your stamina if DBC17 is anything to go by.

Some common sense please.

Gamer Pradosh

Survival Games Champion
India
CSK
Survival Games Champion
Profile Flag
India
Really impressed with the shot animations.. Every bowler's nature of delivery stride is captured really well, a BIG plus IMO.. AI batting looks good apart from few weird stuff [which I wouldnt mind for now], though the AI does seem to play balls in his range, feels like the strength weaknesses play a role there...Could have tried back of length delivery to Bairstow :)...The shots are damn smooth also shows how the test matches would be with those smooth looking animations...

Also the new replay camera angle is really good...

Hoping to see how test match gameplay pans out... We know we can control the ball better with those animations but how would AI batsman respond to it would be really interesting..

Not a biggie but would like to see Bairstow with a high bat lift , would be applicable for Cook as well...:D

Last edited:
B

Bigby Wolf

Really impressed with the shot animations.. Every bowler's nature of delivery stride is captured really well, a BIG plus IMO.. AI batting looks good apart from few weird stuff [which I wouldnt mind for now], though the AI does seem to play balls in his range, feels like the strength weaknesses play a role there...Could have tried back of length delivery to Bairstow :)...The shots are damn smooth also shows how the test matches would be with those smooth looking animations...

Also the new replay camera angle is really good...

Hoping to see how test match gameplay pans out... We know we can control the ball better with those animations but how would AI batsman respond to it would be really interesting..

Not a biggie but would like to see Bairstow with a high bat lift , would be applicable for Cook as well...:D
Bairstow batted more like a maxwell though in though.

cmanbarto

Club Cricketer
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
From the limited angle I actually thought Woods action looked similar to his , he has a very high left arm. I can't remember Jake
Balls action very well -Hazelwoods look the closest to real life action out of all the pace bowlers very clean. I actually must be one of the only people who preferred DBC 17 over 14 btw can't believe it got soo much stick after the last update - this looks another level up.

gkvarma18

Associate Cricketer
Profile Flag
India
Can we put OFF bowling speed slider if we don't want that and bowl as like DBC17

ashar rizwan

Associate Captain
@BigAntStudios will their be gameplay modifier in the game as it was in dbc 17??[DOUBLEPOST=1509347957][/DOUBLEPOST]@BigAntStudios also please fix the problem of stadiums adboards gaps which they have in between two adboards in stadium created.

Acid Burn

International Coach
Profile Flag
South Africa
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
So in order to cater to you, everyone else has to play the game using controls they are not comfortable with?! Yup that makes a lot of sense! The whole point of control "options" is to cater to everyone.

Your Missing the Point here mate.

You cannot have a guy on one end , with the Game deciding the Footwork for him , competing Online against another guy that has to do it himself. There will have to be a Penalty to the guy thats on Training wheels if you in fact want to pit the two against each other.

Same with the Pitch Marker , I suppose the Host will have a lot of Match Creation Options to choose from , to Try and end up having a level playing field.[DOUBLEPOST=1509350662][/DOUBLEPOST]
You know the bowling speed slider exists yeh? It clearly says 'effort ball' on the 160KPH deliveries - something that would massively drain your stamina if DBC17 is anything to go by.

Some common sense please.

Here`s hoping that in Online , Where the Speed Sliders dont feature , that we dont have every Tom Dick and Harry Fast bowler bowling 167 km/h ....

Eugene

County Cricketer
SA.....
Agreed. Great gameplay video. Would love to hear the following from @BigAntStudios sometime before the release

Is Stats issue sorted out in career mode ?

The in game stats seem to be correct, as this is Mark Wood's actual ODI stats.
Hopefully the stats issue has been resolved.

upload_2017-10-30_10-2-24.png

LittleBigPlanet

Club Captain
Profile Flag
Australia
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
Im just getting in really early here; but one thing I hope can be looked at either before release or with a patch is the option to toggle off the line indicator, so just purely a length indication (full circle of a colour)... IMO I think it would help bridge the gap between going up in difficulties. Like I said very premature it could actually be in the game already but if not I just wanted to help start the chorus asap! :)

Llewelynf

FRIEDLELE
SA.....
Profile Flag
South Africa
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
Im just getting in really early here; but one thing I hope can be looked at either before release or with a patch is the option to toggle off the line indicator, so just purely a length indication (full circle of a colour)... IMO I think it would help bridge the gap between going up in difficulties. Like I said very premature it could actually be in the game already but if not I just wanted to help start the chorus asap! :)
From what I understand, this was played on the easiest settings for casual gamers. I am sure as in the past, BA will cater to hardcore cricket fans.

Users who are viewing this thread