Ashes Cricket PC Released

jabbathehut

County Cricketer
It bothers me a lot that big ant didn't make English grounds where the ashes are played.For £50 I expect to be able to play at a fully rendered Lords not be told that people have to make the stadiums and then download them which then don't really look anything like lords.
I'd like to think the pricing was a mistake we shall see.
DB 17 hasn't been reduced a penny since it was launched even though it was a dogs dinner so if its not a mistake i am not hopeful of a price reduction.
Ultimately time will tell whether they got the pricing right.

Snowy

ICC Board Member
Profile Flag
Australia
It bothers me a lot that big ant didn't make English grounds where the ashes are played.For £50 I expect to be able to play at a fully rendered Lords not be told that people have to make the stadiums and then download them which then don't really look anything like lords.
I'd like to think the pricing was a mistake we shall see.
DB 17 hasn't been reduced a penny since it was launched even though it was a dogs dinner so if its not a mistake i am not hopeful of a price reduction.
Ultimately time will tell whether they got the pricing right.

Do you know if they even had the rights to the English grounds?

Spoobir

Thread of the Month March 2018
They didn't which is why it should cost less.Its a bit odd to actively promote a modding community because they don't have the budget to do it themselves.I wonder if there are many games like this.
Seems unprofessional to me and a bit offputting.

As opposed to not promoting the modding community and just making us have to play with fake players/teams?? :facepalm

jabbathehut

County Cricketer
As opposed to not promoting the modding community and just making us have to play with fake players/teams?? :facepalm
here pay £50 by the way you have to sort out a lot of things yourself.Its just not cricket.Anyway lets see what happens next week with price.

Snowy

ICC Board Member
Profile Flag
Australia
They didn't which is why it should cost less.Its a bit odd to actively promote a modding community because they don't have the budget to do it themselves.I wonder if there are many games like this.
Seems unprofessional to me and a bit offputting.

Right. So you have an issue with them not making something they didn’t even have the rights for. So painfully ignorant to how this type of thing works..

balkeet

International Coach
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Got it ultimately,was apprehensive about min. system requirement as I have 1 gb gpu, but its running well.
Thanks Bigant and community for making the game, it has evolved so much. So many shot animations, licensed players look so cool. The game will take some time to get old. The AI is so sensible now, plays the ball on merit and according to field. I didn't find batting easy. I am batting with classic controls, hard batting, pro difficulty(no modifier used). The game is stable, had no crash. Only issue I have is ball jittering when it goes in outfield mostly in running camera field 1. If it can be optimized in patch game would be more smoother.
The future is so exciting, more licenses and more motion captured animations, way to go BigAnt!!!!!!!!!!:clap

Last edited:

zerosun9

Club Cricketer
Just a little message for all you people complaining about the price. :)

Rubbish, I love cricket and I'm not buying it. For me a cricket game is something I will play casually around other games, I don't want to pay 99 for a casual game I'm not sure how much I will get out of.

Then you have games like PUBG, Rocket League... cheap games that sell a ton (hint: because they're cheap) and have a heap of replayability.

AliB

ICC President
India
AFG...
Mumbai Indians
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Adelaide Strikers
X Rebels
Even. If you present kilograms of diamond, people are still going to complain why it ain't any other costly stone.

Reasonable price in India, but my PC always reminds me, I need to save more, first for a new build then think of a new game.

Saeglopur

County Cricketer
Its very disheartening that the console versions can be bought in argos for £20 yet the pc version is 49.99 with no prospect of it being cheaper at all as its only available via steam.

That's the killer for me at the moment. DBC 17 hasn't been reduced in price at all so far, though that might be because it's only been out for 11 months (!)...but as you say, when console versions are already being reduced, this seems unlikely to happen on Steam, which makes it particularly disappointing to see such a high price to begin with. From what I've read elsewhere on here, the game seems to have been largely marketed towards casual gamers, in which case the price doesn't seem to make sense to me, but maybe it's just to maximise profits with the marketing that's been put into it this time.

I think the real problem though is the existence of DBC 17. If this was the first game since DBC 14, with all the upgrades, then we probably wouldn't be so bothered, but I've put almost 1000 hours over the last year into what to me seems to be more or less the same game, minus a new interface and improved animations, etc. I had been looking forward to AC and so hadn't played DBC for a month or two to give myself a break before the new game. After seeing the price yesterday, I decided to wait, and went back and played another game in my DBC 17 career mode, after which I'm struggling to explain to myself why I would pay £50 for a new game which is more or less the same.

For the record, I've put almost 2000 hours into the two DBC games combined, so I'm not trying to be negative for the sake of it, but as a genuine question, for those of you who had DBC 17 as well, I would love to know your thoughts on if AC is worth it, at least at the current price. I may well end up getting it in a month or two instead, when things have hopefully improved, and ideally the price is not so high, but we'll see. I don't mind carrying on with DBC 17 for a while.

gkvarma18

Associate Cricketer
Profile Flag
India
Game is good and running smoothly. But i am facing ball jittering and most importantly red ball colour is not clear .Hope ball colour and visibility to improve in the next patches.Thank you BigAnt

Asham

International Coach
Kings XI
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Game is good and running smoothly. But i am facing ball jittering and most importantly red ball colour is not clear .Hope ball colour and visibility to improve in the next patches.Thank you BigAnt
Same problem of jittering here too. After some overs when ball becomes old it becomes unclear.

Jerm

International Coach
SA.....
Profile Flag
South Africa
That's the whole problem with Big Ant, so much contempt and talking down to buyers. Ever since DBC14 Ross and Co have been rude, condisending and down right reprehensible.
at least BigAnt communicate with the community, Fifa 18 doesnt work for South Africa (cannot send invites to friends to play online), 4 patches later still not fixed... does EA give a rat's a$$, no.....

solas

Club Cricketer
I'm having a few issues myself; I'll put my machine specs here before detailing the problems....

Intel i5-6600 3.5GhZ
8 gig RAM

Nvidia GeForce GTX 1050 Ti 4GB GPU RAM

My problems (and they may be unrelated to the game so far):

Massive resource use: often 100% of disk use and 90% or so of the GPU.

Stuttering/freezing: most often on loading screens and during transitions (ie a new batsman coming out)

Variable frame rate: never consistently one set of frames, hovers when eventually a bit more stable over 60 FPS.

I'm not going to hold BA to account for this as there's no patch (which often settles this all down, I found similar issues going into DBC 17 as well).

Any suggestions in the meantime?

dev mitra

School Cricketer
Just bought the game for unreasonable price of INR 3799, as I cannot stop myself from buying it. Waited too long for not to care about it. I hope Ross can realize the potential Indian market has, INR2500 would have given him thrice the sales or even more. How come Australians,NZ and Canada can get it for INR 2700-3000 and we Indians got a bitter deal, is beyond me. Hope the game is worth it.

Attachments

• ashes.PNG
    ashes.PNG
    95.9 KB · Views: 22

Users who are viewing this thread