Ashes Cricket PC Released

dev mitra

School Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Well it’s obviously not unreasonable if you ended up buying it...
Just because I bought it, doesn't make it right mate. Buying it with a happy face and buying it because I have no other choice is difference. If exploiting fans is the way to go, then sure! But at least it should have been the same price for which other bought, Indians have to pay more for some reason than the already high price. I am just feeling bad because BigAnt cannot see the huge potential Indian market has, most of my friends don't want to buy it and they won't.

More is merrier mate, its Christmas season, sad thing is BigAnt thinking about more pricey while we are thinking about more users. Ross used to have this mindset of selling more for less price than less for more price.

Chief

Panel of Selectors
Ross used to have this mindset of selling more for less price than less for more price.

He really didn't. He's always said, repeatedly, that a custom product deserves a custom price. AND that a comparative price in India is necessary. And I think he's right he's right there: I just think the base price is probably 20% or so too much this time.

We'll find out in a few weeks when we have an idea of how many are playing.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 9102

He really didn't. He's always said, repeatedly, that a custom product deserves a custom price. AND that a comparative price in India is necessary. And I think he's right he's right there: I just think the base price is probably 20% or so too much this time.

I never even said or meant anything like what you manufactured that quote into and replied to. Made no mention of any of it...

When 17 offered less than 20 hours gameplay before I was well and truly done with it, dropping £50 on this one without any sort of demo to try it out seems like a dumb decision. As much as I love cricket, I still want value for money and at this price point it probably doesn't offer that for me, plus with how mediocre the last iteration was (and abandoned within 6 months), an impulse buy is unlikely.

Whatever the reasons behind the pricing, as a consumer when I see £50 for a video game it certainly raises the level of expectation. Time will tell whether the correct decisions have been made.

Chief

Panel of Selectors
I never even said or meant anything like what you manufactured that quote into and replied to. Made no mention of any of it...

So sorry - I accidentally tagged the wrong person somehow! I was replying to the one directly above, which is an exact quote - NOW FIXED. :)

Snowy

ICC Board Member
Profile Flag
Australia
Just because I bought it, doesn't make it right mate. Buying it with a happy face and buying it because I have no other choice is difference. If exploiting fans is the way to go, then sure! But at least it should have been the same price for which other bought, Indians have to pay more for some reason than the already high price. I am just feeling bad because BigAnt cannot see the huge potential Indian market has, most of my friends don't want to buy it and they won't.

More is merrier mate, its Christmas season, sad thing is BigAnt thinking about more pricey while we are thinking about more users. Ross used to have this mindset of selling more for less price than less for more price.

Your other choice is not buying it.

dev mitra

School Cricketer

Then I guess this Interview with IGN, was just a lie.

At that time he said he would love to give it for a dollar. Forget about those condescending statements of his, saying he would give it for a buck, now India has the highest price tag for this game. If those were his true feelings, he should have at least give us for price Aussies are paying for. Now please don't say "just don't buy it" like the guy @Snowy who has no valid answer to reply. You said he never said such thing, he actually did, so am proving my point here.

Interview:
“But they actually put up with all that rather than buy an original. And I’d love to sell it to them for a buck but, if I sell it to them for a dollar, there are enough smart guys out there that will just import ’em straight into Australia, grey market. That’d kill us. That would just kill us. And that’d kill us on console; you know, ’cause these things are on Blu-ray, they’re region-free.

“I would absolutely love for those guys to get the game but they would grey market the hell out of it. I’d even love to run India at a break-even just to build a base but I can’t even afford to do it.

“If there was a way that I could just put a curtain around India, I’d give them the game. I’d put it in a box of corn flakes. I’m not making any money from India and I don’t mind them playing the game; they can’t afford it. But it would just demolish all the other markets and mean that we wouldn’t be able to make any more of them. So I still haven’t got my mind around how we do it.”

nzgamer

Club Captain
Profile Flag
New Zealand
Quick question my PC bros has any one done players/teams I have been waiting for you guys :)
I know ppl have attempted on console but to be fair its not right up there as previous Big Ant version done on PC (for obvious reasons).

Snowy

ICC Board Member
Profile Flag
Australia
Yeah that's the entire thing which caught your eye as its easy to avoid the real issue, cheers.

No one is forcing you to buy the game. If you think it is too expensive, then don’t support the business. Speak with your wallet. Not a forum post.

‘The price is unreasonable, but I bought it anyway’ - then clearly, it is not unreasonable for you, is it? It only becomes too expensive when you don’t buy it.

Buying it only goes to validate and support the price point that they reached. That’s the issue here. You’ve made the wrong choice if you truely believe it is priced too high.

The quote from the IGN interview only justifies the pricing decision more, it in no way helps you shape your argument.

balkeet

International Coach
For dbc17 owners buying ashes is a tough decision, for others it's not.
Had I got dbc17, I won't have ashes

Chief

Panel of Selectors
Ross used to have this mindset of selling more for less price than less for more price.
Then I guess this Interview with IGN, was just a lie.I’m not making any money from India and I don’t mind them playing the game; they can’t afford it. But it would just demolish all the other markets and mean that we wouldn’t be able to make any more of them. So I still haven’t got my mind around how we do it.”

That's the ball game. He didn't say he COULD sell it for a buck. He said that it would demolish the entire market if he did. Which, again, is exactly right.

jabbathehut

County Cricketer
No one expects the game to be sold for a buck but nor did we expect it to be at the very top end either.Imo the discussion about price has now been exhausted.Big ant are well aware of it.It up to them now.The free market will decide if its too high or not.

Snowy

ICC Board Member
Profile Flag
Australia
No one expects the game to be sold for a buck but nor did we expect it to be at the very top end either.Imo the discussion about price has now been exhausted.Big ant are well aware of it.It up to them now.The free market will decide if its too high or not.

Why not? Big Ant have had a fairly consistent history of releasing full priced games.

Danial Hamdani

School Cricketer
Is the pc version always online? i mean you always need to be online to play this game even if you wanna play offline?

Users who are viewing this thread