Ashes Cricket PC Released

hiyagasriiniyavan

Club Captain
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
i tried everything brothers above said my pc spec also i posted above its ok?

Villain

ICC Board Member
India
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
i tried everything brothers above said my pc spec also i posted above its ok?
One last thing you can try is set your monitor resolution to 800X600, right click your desktop screen>display settings>resolution>800X600. Launch the game and make sure you close all the unnecessary applications since you have only 4GB RAM.

hiyagasriiniyavan

Club Captain
everything i tried bro...but not starts...my pc spec is ok to play? any steam code need to play?

chintoo02018

Associate Cricketer
everything i tried bro...but not starts...my pc spec is ok to play? any steam code need to play?

Do you have Laptop or Desktop , I f Desktop This can be upgrade with low cost .

Also got to services in OS and stop service for unwanted application before starting the game .

Keep no crowd option .

TemPSaad

Associate Captain
Its quiet bad to see that only 69 people playing the game at launch day , i just returned my PS4 version and bought it on steam due to better graphics(and gameplay speed hack using cheat engine) and no subscription for online play , looks like I made a bad deal :(

Villain

ICC Board Member
India
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
Your graphics card and RAM should be okay, only issue is the video memory since it says it needs 2GB(minimum) but a GT 710 is the minimum required while you've a GTX 650 which is faster. Processor seems fine too. I'm out of options but BigAnt Support might have a clear answer to this, try and message them on Facebook/Twitter. Some of the staff are here too who might help you out.

Helpman

Club Captain
Mine keeps crashing to desktop at startup...I suspect I need to install all the windows updates I've been neglecting. At least I hope that's the reason...

francobaldo1

Fearsome tweak legend...
PlanetCricket Award Winner
i'm enjoying the game on pc, it's a i7 8gb ram, gtx 660 2gb and works very well.
Only quirkyness i noticed was playing the backfoot jump defence, where it skips the first half of the animation, which didnt happen on ps4.

Mondy

Club Captain
I’ve spent a couple of hours on the game in career mode. Love the batting and bowling animations, love the smoothness and general gameplay. Only annoyance so far is that fields aren’t sticking even after pressing apply all. I’ve given up.

WhiteCat

Club Cricketer
The good news is that this seems to be happening to multiple people (myself included), meaning it's something they'll look at a fix for fairly quickly.

I was worried it was just me at first.

I tried lots of things -- deleting all the Academy-downloaded stuff, redownloading and reinstalling the game, setting up the new career in a bunch of different ways, dialling back my PC overclock, dialling back my graphics card overclock, changing the display resolution, and probably some other things I've forgotten already. Seems to just straight up be a game bug.

If I turn it all the way down to 1080p, it does in fact work!

Given that outside of career mode I'm getting 75fps+ on 4k resolution in-game and using a thousand dollar graphics card, there's absolutely no reason it shouldn't be able to render the career mode menu at any resolution though. Serious bug.

Mondy

Club Captain
What I’m also finding annoying, aside from the fielding not being saved, is that the same errors from DBC 17 are present like the umpire signaling over the shoulder when a spinner is on and the commentators calling out the wrong team (which I assume is because the name of the club teams was never recorded).

Overall though this is an improved game.

hackoder

Club Cricketer
I'll add in a positive review.

Paid 60 CAD, which is fine. BigAnt is the only one making decent cricket games, and because of the comparatively low volume of sales, I don't mind paying 60 (Ashes) + 55 (DBC 17) in a single year.

Game is nice and smooth so far. No crashes on startup or in career mode. Graphics are better and more realistic on the same display settings (GTX 1050ti, i7-4770, running @1080p). Gameplay itself is also better. Getting more play and misses if the timing or footwork isn't right. I prefer 'standard' bowling controls and 'classic' batting controls. UI is cleaner now and makes things easier to figure out.

People who never played DBC17 will find AC a positive and refined experience. Its easy to pick up the game, figure out how it works, and just have an overall enjoyable experience with the more streamlined UI, nicer graphics, player specific stances and quirks. Overall, I think BigAnt has done a great job here. No regrets here!

Users who are viewing this thread