AMA Ask Asad! New Questions Appreciated! (Tag me when you ask)

AsadRM

Panel of Selectors
PAK...
RCB...
LQ
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Avengers
Profile Flag
Pakistan
That's no problem. Would you say you were a model student and do you get on with your teachers?
I hate to be the one praising himself. But very honestly, I do get along well with my teachers because I am very respectful generally. I am not the nerd type, but yeah I do get along well with the teachers.

RUDI

Administrator
Admin
SRH...
Champions League Winner
@AsadRM

1. When was the last time you played outside with your friends?
  2. When was the last time you helped your folks with things around and inside the house (washing of dishes, mowing the law etc.)?
  3. When was the last time you willingly absconded from using all forms off social media and internet?

Loubs

User Title Purchaser
ENG....
X Rebels
Profile Flag
England
What would you name your boat if you had one?

What’s the most useless talent you have?

What celebrity would you rate as a perfect 10?

What is the dumbest way you’ve been injured?

What are some things that sound like compliments but are actually insults?

What is the craziest thing one of your teachers has done?

Best subject at school?

Worst subject at school?

Have you ever had a crush on one of your teachers?

AsadRM

Panel of Selectors
PAK...
RCB...
LQ
Avengers
Profile Flag
Pakistan
When was the last time you played outside with your friends?
I played Basketball with my classmates in school, April this year.
When was the last time you helped your folks with things around and inside the house (washing of dishes, mowing the law etc.)?
Today for the house chores.
When was the last time you willingly absconded from using all forms off social media and internet?
Never absconded from all forms of social media, to be honest.

What would you name your boat if you had one?
Sailor's Sail. :D

What’s the most useless talent you have?
No talent is entirely useless, but being able to touch high ceilings has to be one. It's of no proper use.

What celebrity would you rate as a perfect 10?
Nobody is perfect so I don't think I would ever give anybody a perfect 10. But one celebrity I hold in very high esteem is Pakistan's Prime Minister, and World Cup-winning captain, Imran Khan. A fashion icon, philanthropist, sincere politician, and one of the greatest Cricketers of all-time.

What is the dumbest way you’ve been injured?
A few days ago, I was batting and tried to hit a massive six, and swung the bat too hard. The toe-end of the Cricket bat ended up hitting me straight at my head. It was quite painful.

What are some things that sound like compliments but are actually insults?
Anything along the lines of 'you are smart/mature or anything nice for your age' does sound quite rude and offensive to me, because generalizing against young people is very wrong.

What is the craziest thing one of your teachers has done?
A teacher grabbed a student's throat back in Grade 2 - at least that's how the student portrayed it. The teacher said that it was nothing serious and just on a lighter note. Maybe it was on a lighter note, which is still wrong, but it was quite traumatic as a kid.

Best subject at school?
Urdu, Pakistan's national language. I love History and English too.

Worst subject at school?
I absolutely hate our Geography course, so because of that, I am forced to study it more. And because of studying more, I end up scoring quite well. On the other hand, I loved Maths till it was all basic DMAS and percentages. But ever since, I hate it too. So it will probably be Maths.

Have you ever had a crush on one of your teachers?
Never.

Loubs

User Title Purchaser
ENG....
X Rebels
Profile Flag
England
How do you feel about the plastic in the sea situation and what do you think we can do about it as a society?

Should diesel cars be banned altogether?

Do you think welcoming new members is a good idea as some forums can seem a little partizan making it hard for them to integrate?

Do you ask questions on other members AMA threads and particularly those of new members so making them feel welcome and not pushed out?

Apologies if not British, do you feel the UCAS points tariff is fair or do you feel it is biased towards high league schools?

AsadRM

Panel of Selectors
PAK...
RCB...
LQ
Avengers
Profile Flag
Pakistan
I think he was a sincere politician, but to succeed as a politician in Pakistan, you have to get rid of some of your sincerity.
I agree, but in perspective, that is applicable all around the globe. Politics is not an easy career, whether you like it or not, you have to get flexible for the good or for the worse. Plus in a country like ours, it is nothing unheard of.

AsadRM

Panel of Selectors
PAK...
RCB...
LQ
Avengers
Profile Flag
Pakistan
What is your obvious reaction while meeting new people?
Depends on the new person and where/how I am meeting them, but I try my best to make them comfortable and initiate a conversation.

How do you feel about the plastic in the sea situation and what do you think we can do about it as a society?
It is a moment of shame for us that despite all this education, we still as humans are polluting the planet for others. Awareness must be raised, plastic objects should be restricted as much as possible, 3R's should be practiced and governments must be pressurized by the public to try and ensure proper disposal of plastic. This also reminded me of a similar video I once watched.

Should diesel cars be banned altogether?
The Western world can probably afford that, and if they can, they should. But here in Asia and many of the other third-world countries, 95% of the industrial vehicles, buses and even trucks run on diesel. So an entire ban wouldn't be viable here, but the governments must place more restrictions. However, I do agree that they should be banned as soon as it doesn't disrupt the entire labor force.

Do you think welcoming new members is a good idea as some forums can seem a little partizan making it hard for them to integrate?
100% yes! New members must be welcomed with open arms.

Do you ask questions on other members AMA threads and particularly those of new members so making them feel welcome and not pushed out?
I do when I have time, but lately, I have been a little busy so haven't had the opportunity.

Apologies if not British, do you feel the UCAS points tariff is fair or do you feel it is biased towards high league schools?
I am not British, so can't answer this.

Bella

#orangearmy
AUS..
X Rebels
Profile Flag
Australia
  1. How will humans as a species go extinct?
  2. Is it possible to live a normal life and not ever tell a lie?
  3. Does a person’s name influence the person they become?
  4. Is the meaning of life the same for animals and humans?
  5. If someone you loved was killed in front of you, but someone created a copy of them that was perfect right down to the atomic level, would they be the same person and would you love them just as much?
  6. If you could become immortal on the condition you would NEVER be able to die or kill yourself, would you choose

AsadRM

Panel of Selectors
PAK...
RCB...
LQ
Avengers
Profile Flag
Pakistan
Ha, I was reading some of the answers here and I no longer associate with many of the opinions I presented here a year or 2 ago. Time does make your opinions change drastically, be it through education, exposure, or some external factor!

Also, I'm available for more questions of all kinds, and I would genuinely appreciate them.

AsadRM

Panel of Selectors
PAK...
RCB...
LQ
Avengers
Profile Flag
Pakistan
How will humans as a species go extinct?
I have firm faith in doomsday, so through that, in my honest, frank opinion.

Is it possible to live a normal life and not ever tell a lie
Realistically, for a fallible human, nopes, because it's something that gets inculcated into our minds and nature. Acts can be changed and evolved, but the nature of a person always remains the same. So, lying does become part of us humans' nature, whether we like it or not.

Does a person’s name influence the person they become?
Probably, I'm not so sure about this one. If I say yes, that would be a borderline illogical answer and if I say no, it would not be in sync with my heart

Is the meaning of life the same for animals and humans?
Good question...

If someone you loved was killed in front of you, but someone created a copy of them that was perfect right down to the atomic level, would they be the same person and would you love them just as much?
Nopes, because, I'm a sentimental amateur. I would still be mentally stuck in the memory of seeing that person's killing. I would never be able to move on from that and love their clone as much.

If you could become immortal on the condition you would NEVER be able to die or kill yourself, would you choose
I would prefer never to be able to die, cuz I've seen death closely a couple of times, and trust me, it's not something tolerable, let alone desirable.

Users who are viewing this thread