Atul Sharma has done a runner

King Pietersen

ICC Board Member
FINAL thread on Atul Sharma - Indian Cricket Fans

Give the original thread a read if you haven't already. It's hilarious stuff, whether it's the real Pont or not. If it is, then this post is particularly funny:

Pont said:
HMMMM.... if I didn't know better, I would say that sree_india is Atul Sharma in disuguise - or someone who knows him.

Not only using phrases the same, but also the angle he's coming in from on this story. Well Atul, if this is you listen up.

My lawyers are tracking you through your US network (Aunt), IMG and Jeff Gorski and no hiding behind turned off and discontinured cell phones will protect you. I have someone in India RIGHT NOW looking for you. So keep looking over your shoulder.

:laugh

manee

Chairman of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
Some of the most insane stuff, I have ever read, quite extraordinary.

Leggie

Chairman of Selectors
Meh. I knew it was too good to be true.

King Pietersen

ICC Board Member
Yep, that's the bloke. Threatened me with legal action for posting stuff on CW that he did actually say, some bullshit about posting private conversations, utter rubbish. He had no legal leverage on me at all, if I knew it at the time I'd have probably have told him to get stuffed.
As for CW, he's not commented on the thread on there, be interesting to see if he does. Will be able to confirm that the poster on the Indian cricket fans forum is him.

Themer

Chairman of Selectors
Sounds like a load of bs if you ask me but who knows, or cares for that matter.

blake

School Cricketer
Thanks for that Indian Cricket Fans Website King Pietersen. :)

Now at least I won't have to go searching for sites to troll.

TheGreemSim

International Cricketer
I am so lost here, can some one tell me who this chap is. Some guy that s=claims to be able to bowl at 160 but I mean what's all this fuss about. What happened?

SciD

Chairman of Selectors
He is myth. Just like Osama.

Skater

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England
I am so lost here, can some one tell me who this chap is. Some guy that s=claims to be able to bowl at 160 but I mean what's all this fuss about. What happened?
In real money Atul Sharma claimed to be able to bowl at 100mph.

ZoraxDoom

Respected Legend
Well, Sharma never claimed he could, Ian Pont claimed that Sharma could.

Basically, Pont was coaching Sharma to become an incredibly strong and fit cricketer, who had the bowling action very much like a javelin player, and who would be able to bowl 90 MPH very consistently, touching 100 MPH more frequently than any other quick, and being able to maintain that with as few as injuries as possible. Very unorthodox and very exciting, Atul was supposedly signed by Rajasthan Royals and was likely to play despite Pont warning that Atul hadn't bowled, or barely bowled, in match situations, but could bowl straight, pitch the ball, and keep it at 90-100 MPH.

As it turned out, he was injured around the time of the IPL, and has now done a runner.

TheGreemSim

International Cricketer
Well, Sharma never claimed he could, Ian Pont claimed that Sharma could.

Basically, Pont was coaching Sharma to become an incredibly strong and fit cricketer, who had the bowling action very much like a javelin player, and who would be able to bowl 90 MPH very consistently, touching 100 MPH more frequently than any other quick, and being able to maintain that with as few as injuries as possible. Very unorthodox and very exciting, Atul was supposedly signed by Rajasthan Royals and was likely to play despite Pont warning that Atul hadn't bowled, or barely bowled, in match situations, but could bowl straight, pitch the ball, and keep it at 90-100 MPH.

As it turned out, he was injured around the time of the IPL, and has now done a runner.

Thanks for that.

ZoraxDoom

Respected Legend
Oh, just to add. This is all very confusing because Sharma left India for the USA to mean Pont, waiting tables to pay coaching fees, and was training for the last 3 years. How much money he could possibly con out of Pont to make 3 years of training, leaving his home, and giving up on a possible IPL contract for is anyone's guess.

Users who are viewing this thread