Aussies that need to step up.

etho11

International Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
Since the retirement of Langer, Warne and McGrath. Who are the Australian Test players that need to step up? I reckon Michael Clarke is definitely one. Known as a future Australian captain he has the skill just needs to have a big summer with the bat. Phil Jaques is another one who has big gaps to fill this summer with the retirement of Langer.

iloveireland

Panel of Selectors
Haddin needs to. Gilly will be gone soon. Clarke, Lee, Symonds, David Hussey, Cullen, Brad Hodge, Jaques, Hogg, MacGill

Inbox24

Club Cricketer
Jaques obviously. But currently there are no real other contenders to this position so he'll be safe for the while.

Symonds definitely still needs to prove himself further with the bat. Clarke needs to really make no.5 his home by turning into a consistent run machine. Otherwise there may be room for David Hussey/Rogers/Voges or even Katich. Johnson really needs to turn it on, as in blow these teams away to convince me personally but obviously the selectors will give him the benefit of the doubt.

And finally Lee needs to show that he can lead the bowling with more maturity and responsibility.

irottev

School Cricketer
Brett Lee, defiantly. I believe that without McGrath and Warne, someone needs to step up as the senior bowler and it's really up to Lee. Even Clark is still pretty inexperienced. MacGill doesn't seem a team staple yet.

With Langer gone, it doesn't seem like a big problem, with Hayden and Ponting still there. I think the batting side of things should be fine.

etho11

International Cricketer
Definitely Lee because he is spear heading the Australian attack.

etho11

International Cricketer
Who cares about how he looks. Geeze this thread has nothing to do with that.

Users who are viewing this thread