1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Voting in Challenge 3 of the PC Survival Games Series has started Please thank (vote) for as many entries as you like! What are you waiting for Vote Here
    Dismiss Notice

Australia Team Discussion

Discussion in 'Cricket Discussion' started by MattW, Jan 11, 2015.

1. sportzcraazy Banned

sportzcraazy
    Australian team is not strong now. Batting becomes so so weak after the ban of Smith and Warner. Bowling attack is also not impressive as Australian was known for there bowling attack. And as per there current performance they can not think of ICC World Cup 2019.

2. dajesmac Club Captain

dajesmac
    National Team:
    Australia
    Domestic Team:
    Western Australia

3. Prequel User Title Purchaser

Prequel
    AUS..
    National Team:
    Domestic Team:
    Queensland Bulls, Brisbane Heat
    I think Australia will be quite competitive this upcoming Ashes. Paine is been doing a splendid job as captain, and has really grew into the role after it being given to him out of nowhere.

The Australians will take quite the confidence out of the Sri Lankan series, and they should. I think it's a solid line up.
    England have a terrific bowling attack, with a very handy lower order. England may take some concern with their top order not really firing, but it isn't to be underestimated either.

My Ashes XI -
    1. Joe Burns
    2. David Warner
    3. Usman Khawaja
    4. Steve Smith
    5. Travis Head
    6. Kurtis Patterson
    7. Tim Paine (C) (WK)
    8. Pat Cummins
    9. Mitchell Starc
    10. Nathan Lyon
    11. Josh Hazlewood

Reserves -
    Will Pucovski
    Marcus Harris
    Matt Renshaw
    Jhye Richardson
    Marcus Stoinis

Cricket Life said thanks for this.
  4. Spickery PlanetCricket Writing Team

Spickery
    National Team:
    Domestic Team:
    Tasmania
    I think a lot of people will have the same Ashes XI you have listed. I would have the same team.

I wouldn't have Matt Renshaw in the squad. He can't buy a run at the moment. Probably not a good idea to have Will make his possible debut in an Ashes test. Think I would leave him in Australia and get more shield games into him next season. Glenn Maxwell and Matthew Wade would be my two additions to the squad.

5. Prequel User Title Purchaser

Prequel
    AUS..
    National Team:
    Domestic Team:
    Queensland Bulls, Brisbane Heat
    Matt Renshaw has proven he can play, and play very well in English conditions, if he gets some form for Kent in county cricket, he'd be a absolute weapon.

6. SaiSrini ICC President

SaiSrini
    PlanetCricket Award Winner
    AKA:
    Sai
    National Team:
    Domestic Team:
    Chennai Super Kings
    Anyone feel Australia truly turned the corner from a likeability perspective, with their recent ODI series win against India? It was probably the first time that I truly felt like "this opposition team deserved their victory". It did not feel like "oh, why the hell did we lose to this team".

I believe this team definitely seem to be turning things around as far as likeability and warmth is concerned. Yet, they fought really hard and kept throwing punches back and eventually won the bout. Wonder what the return of Warner is going to do to them. Let's see! If this likeability trend continues, Australia can capture back their mojo and in fact herald a new era of "winning with respect".

Quadralus and NilayShah60 thanked this.
  7. Cricket Life Associate Captain

Cricket Life
    Infamous Raptors
    National Team:
    Domestic Team:
    Melbourne Stars
    The Aus A Series will play a massive part in the selection according to coaching stuff

8. Spickery PlanetCricket Writing Team

Spickery
    National Team:
    Domestic Team:
    Tasmania
    The key part here being if and even then he may have left it too late.

Marcus Harris is likely to be in the squad. Cameron Bancroft has also been in better form in the Sheffield Shield than Renshaw and Justin Langer is big fan of Bancroft. Renshaw has fallen behind in the logjam of opening batsman we have and he hasn't picked a good time to have a run of terrible scores with the bat.

One reserve opening batsman is all we really need in the squad. I would be very surprised if Renshaw manages to jump the queue to be that one batsman.

Jamie Hunter said thanks for this.
  9. Jamie Hunter School Cricketer

Agree. No way does Renshaw get the pick.

gillyboy04 said thanks for this.