22 Mar 2013 - 26 Mar 2013 | 4th Test
India vs Australia
Feroz Shah Kotla 12 00 AM Local

Last edited:

Skater

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England
Australia to win. I thought India were excellent at home, but the England series was a shock to me and I think Australia are about level with us atm.

Ahmad94

Staff Member
PAK...
KK
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Australia to win. I thought India were excellent at home, but the England series was a shock to me and I think Australia are about level with us atm.

Australia is the strongest side. India rely to much on Kohli and Dhoni in batting, and Australian bowling is strong. With inform Mitchell Starc, Patt Cummins etc

SaiSrini

Respected Legend
CSK
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Australia are obviously the favorites. But its sad and painful to see the opposition team start as favorites in a home series (for India).

I would continue to keep Sehwag out and try Rahane in tests too as opener. And Kohli better gets going from the start of the series this time. Getting a century at the very end of the series is not going to work.

sifter132

Panel of Selectors
Australia are obviously the favorites. But its sad and painful to see the opposition team start as favorites in a home series (for India).

I would continue to keep Sehwag out and try Rahane in tests too as opener. And Kohli better gets going from the start of the series this time. Getting a century at the very end of the series is not going to work.

I understand the Indian fans are down on their team, but as an Aussie fan I don't feel confident enough to call us favourites. Lyon still has a lot of questions over his bowling - England on the other hand had Swann and Monty. England's batsmen are also a lot more disciplined that Australia's. That helped them really grind down the Indian attack. I don't think Australia's order can replicate that, they'll be looking to attack instead. That might work, but I think India will definitely be able to win a Test or 2, due to Australia's approach.

midgetwars

Club Captain
I don't understand how Australia are favs. I mean, with hussey gone the only good player against spin is Clarke.

aditya123

National Board President
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox One
I don't understand how Australia are favs. I mean, with hussey gone the only good player against spin is Clarke.

The Indian bowling will help you guys unearth more good players of spin. :yes

SaiSrini

Respected Legend
CSK
PlanetCricket Award Winner
The Indian bowling will help you guys unearth more good players of spin. :yes

Well, when Adi (aditya123) is also being pessimistic about India, you know for sure that India is buried in a complete mess!:(:yes:D

fros23

School Cricketer
India definitely start as favourites. The best thing about this Australian team is their fast bowling which obviously will be less of an impact in India as it is in Aus, plus they keep getting injured in Aus imagine how many injuries they will get in India!

Nathan Lyon is nowhere near the class of Swann and Panesar, so far in his career the majority of his wickets have been tailenders. Who is going to be the 2nd spinner? Beer? Doherty? Maxwell? :lol

Wade's wicketkeeping has been more than suspect in Aus so he is going to struggle on turning tracks in India.

The batting is not impressive wihtout Hussey and Ponting and relies heavily on Clarke. Warner is massively overrated and has problems against spin so he will struggle. Cowan is an average player, Hughes is apparantly world class after scoring runs against a shoddy second string Sri Lankan attack. Watson can't convert starts into hundreds.

My expectation is an Indian win unless India have an absolute shocker and Clarke scores double what Cook did.

S

Satan666

India definitely start as favourites. The best thing about this Australian team is their fast bowling which obviously will be less of an impact in India as it is in Aus, plus they keep getting injured in Aus imagine how many injuries they will get in India!

Nathan Lyon is nowhere near the class of Swann and Panesar, so far in his career the majority of his wickets have been tailenders. Who is going to be the 2nd spinner? Beer? Doherty? Maxwell? :lol

Wade's wicketkeeping has been more than suspect in Aus so he is going to struggle on turning tracks in India.

The batting is not impressive wihtout Hussey and Ponting and relies heavily on Clarke. Warner is massively overrated and has problems against spin so he will struggle. Cowan is an average player, Hughes is apparantly world class after scoring runs against a shoddy second string Sri Lankan attack. Watson can't convert starts into hundreds.

My expectation is an Indian win unless India have an absolute shocker and Clarke scores double what Cook did.

India have a weaker batting lineup no player is in form and they have the worst bowling lineup in the world coupled with poor fielding. So India being whitewashed is highly likely.

War

Chairman of Selectors
Australia are favourites, but they will not find it as easy to win in India as England did.

AUS have the quick bowlers who can take 20 wickets in IND conditions, even if Lyon is just half as effective as Swann/Panesar. However if the AUS selectors make dumb selection that they have been signalling by picking bits & pieces all-rounders in order to pick 5-bowlers, then India could very well & win this series.

alexczarn

Club Captain
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
I just reckon it'll be a close series, India with the home advantage but Australia's fast bowling.

Users who are viewing this thread