Club Captain
Profile Flag
Australia
England in New Zealand Feb-Mar 2013

04 Feb vs New Zealand XI Whangarei
06 Feb vs New Zealand XI Whangarei

09 Feb 1st T20I Auckland (night)
12 Feb 2nd T20I Hamilton (night)
15 Feb 3rd T20I Wellington (Westpac Stadium)(night)

17 Feb 1st ODI Hamilton (d/n)
20 Feb 2nd ODI Napier (d/n)
23 Feb 3rd ODI Auckland (d/n)

27 Feb-2 Mar v New Zealand XI Queenstown

06-10 Mar 1st Test Dunedin
14-18 Mar 2nd Test Wellington (Basin Reserve)
22-26 Mar 3rd Test Auckland

They must be expecting the Barmy Army to be heading to Aotearoa. Because Cricket NZ have relented on their policy of only playing test matches at smaller boutique grounds and have given a test match to Eden Park.

Iridium

ICC Board Member
Profile Flag
New Zealand
I have been waiting for the English to return for a while now. Super excited. Definitely going to the T20 and going to catch as much of the Test in Auckland as I can.

spooony

Club Captain
Online Cricket Games Owned
Just hope your groundsman have common sense in preparing pitches that will get results. No one wants to go and watch cricket for 5 days and all ends up with a draw cause the wicket was as flat as a table. There is nothing more boring than a fast bowler block out balls comfortably for a whole day where there is no help for the bowlers.

IanG

Club Captain
Profile Flag
Australia
Just hope your groundsman have common sense in preparing pitches that will get results. No one wants to go and watch cricket for 5 days and all ends up with a draw cause the wicket was as flat as a table. There is nothing more boring than a fast bowler block out balls comfortably for a whole day where there is no help for the bowlers.

Depends on how the drop in wicket plays

Haarithan

Chairman of Selectors
England in New Zealand, February - March 2013

Woakes called up for New Zealand Tests - Media Releases - About ECB - ECB - ECB

England Fixtures:

T20 Series vs New Zealand

February 9: 1st Twenty20 at Eden Park, Auckland
February 12: 2nd Twenty20 at Seddon Park, Hamilton
February 15: 3rd Twenty20 at Westpac Stadium, Wellington

ODI Series vs New Zealand

February 17: 1st ODI at Seddon Park, Hamilton
February 20: 2nd ODI at McLean Park, Napier
February 23: 3rd ODI at Eden Park, Auckland

Test Series vs New Zealand

March 6-10: 1st Test at University Oval, Dunedin
March 14-18: 2nd Test at Hawks Basin Reserve, Wellington
March 22-26: 3rd Test at Eden Park, Auckland

England Lions Fixtures vs Australia A:

February 16: Blundstone Arena, Hobart
February 18: Blundstone Arena, Hobart
February 22: Blundstone Arena, Hobart
February 25: SCG, Sydney
March 1: SCG, Sydney

England Test squad

Alastair Cook (Essex, captain)
James Anderson (Lancashire)
Jonny Bairstow (Yorkshire)
Ian Bell (Warwickshire)
Stuart Broad (Nottinghamshire)
Nick Compton (Somerset)
Steven Finn (Middlesex)
Graham Onions (Durham)
Monty Panesar (Sussex)
Kevin Pietersen (Surrey)
Matt Prior (Sussex)
Joe Root (Yorkshire)
Graeme Swann (Nottinghamshire)
Jonathan Trott (Warwickshire)
Chris Woakes (Warwickshire)

England T20 squad (revised)

Stuart Broad (Nottinghamshire, captain)
Danny Briggs (Hampshire)
Jos Buttler (Somerset)
Jade Dernbach (Surrey)
Steven Finn (Middlesex)
Alex Hales (Nottinghamshire)
Michael Lumb (Nottinghamshire)
Stuart Meaker (Surrey)
Eoin Morgan (Middlesex)
Samit Patel (Nottinghamshire)
James Tredwell (Kent)
Luke Wright (Sussex)

England ODI squad (revised)

Alastair Cook (Essex, captain)
James Anderson (Lancashire)
Ian Bell (Warwickshire)
Stuart Broad (Nottinghamshire)
Jos Buttler (Somerset)
Steven Finn (Middlesex)
James Harris (Middlesex)
Eoin Morgan (Middlesex)
Samit Patel (Nottinghamshire)
Joe Root (Yorkshire)
Graeme Swann (Nottinghamshire)
James Tredwell (Kent)
Jonathan Trott (Warwickshire)

England Lions squad (revised)

James Taylor (Nottinghamshire, captain)
Gary Ballance (Yorkshire)
Scott Borthwick (Durham)
Danny Briggs (Hampshire)
Varun Chopra (Warwickshire)
Rikki Clarke (Warwickshire)
Matthew Coles (Kent)
Ben Foakes (Essex)
Alex Hales (Nottinghamshire)
Simon Kerrigan (Lancashire)
Stuart Meaker (Surrey)
Craig Overton (Somerset)
Toby Roland-Jones (Middlesex)
Ben Stokes (Durham)
Reece Topley (Essex)
James Vince (Hampshire)
Chris Wright (Warwickshire)

Umair7

El Presidente
AUS..
Ireland
Kings XI
KK
Hobart Hurricanes
Survival Games Finalist
Champions League Winner
Avengers
Oval Invincibles
Profile Flag
Australia
New Zealand morale will be high in this series as they have defeated the Africans.

Fenil

PC Cricket Leagues Legend
NZ will take heart from the fact that Ross Taylor has been included in the NZ XI side for the warmups against England suggesting that he is ready to go for the series. One thing that caught my eye was the inclusion of NZ born former Australian keeper, Luke Ronchi. He had been playing domestic cricket in New Zealand for quite a while now and I assume that he might have played enough to be included in the side. Tom Latham is also one welcome inclusion. The left hander is just 20 and has long way to go but he has looked good in what I've seen of him.

NZ XI squad: Andrew Ellis (capt), Anton Devcich, Colin Munro, Hamish Rutherford, Ian Butler, Jimmy Neesham, Luke Ronchi, Matthew Henry, Michael Bates, Neil Broom, Neil Wagner, Nick Beard, Ross Taylor and Tom Latham.

Aalay

Panel of Selectors
Profile Flag
India
I just hope NZ play both Ryder and Taylor in the team. With those 2 in the lineup, their team looks much more stable and they can also challenge England or even beat them in the shorter format as I don't think England have a good ODI team. However, it's hard to see NZ winning the test series.

MUFC1987

Panel of Selectors
"Craig has had an extended opportunity in ODI and T20 cricket," Miller said. "He has shown evidence of delivering performances on the international stage however we don't feel these have been delivered consistently enough. As we look forward to the Champions Trophy and Cricket World Cup in 2015 we will look to explore other options.

Now to me, that's fair enough that he's been given a chance and not performed enough times. But, my question is, who else has that applied to in the England set up? Bell had plenty of chances before his recent century in ODIs, Patel plays despite not being that good and all I have to say is the name Jade Dernbach (who does seem to have finally been dropped from the ODI side).

If that policy is going to exist, then fine, but at least apply it to everyone. It just seems a bit bizarre to apply it to Kieswetter, but not countless other players.

----------

On the squads in general, good to see Compton keeping his place, he deserved that. And if Chris Woakes is going to take wickets in Tests anywhere, then it's going to be New Zealand. Just hope he gets a chance if Broad doesn't get back to fitness.

War

Chairman of Selectors
Selectors aren't perfect as much as us fans would like them to be.

Bell, Dernbach & Patel's (although i would not agree with the assertion that he is not good - he has his uses even if he is not perfect) place is certainly under pressure & like Kieswetter more failures/inconsistencies could cause them to be axed soon as well.

Skater

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England
This is a horrible tour for us here in England. I think I'm right in saying that the Twenty20s start at 6am our time, with the Tests starting at 9.30pm or 10pm. I can see me making it only to the lunch break each day.

Owzat

International Coach
Personally I would have rested Swann for this tour, not the ODI section of the last one. While I've no real time for ODI series, he could have made a difference in India and maybe less so in New Zealand. Certainly in Tests we should beat the kiwis with or without him, would be a good chance for a second spinner to make an impact.

Looks like Patel is entrenched in the limited overs side - limited overs doesn't call for limited ability. 22 ODI inns, might be averaging 32.13 but that's mainly down to SEVEN not outs. His four scores of 40+ have all come in defeat, a HS of 70no would need to be improved on if he is to bat the right side of seven. 23 wickets at 45 is too expensive.

If you don't take wickets then you're just giving away runs, with those four scores :

70no and 0/50 (10 overs)
45 and 0/47 (10 overs)
44no and 0/21 (3 overs)
42 and 0/17 (2 overs)

Not really much better of a pick than Shight or Yardy, if he couldn't bowl then he probably wouldn't get near the team.

Users who are viewing this thread