Err, no I can't :p
- yeah but they haven't made any subs
- only talking about team sports obviously
- team golf you have a point, but:
1. It's impossible to get genuinely injured playing golf:lol; and
2. You can still play golf in a wheelchair or a full body cast anyway. :D

aussie1st

Retired Administrator
Philander deadset freak, 6 fers in 7 test and an average of 13 and already got 50 wickets. Can't wait to see how he goes in Aus and the sub continent.

puddleduck

Chairman of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
He's already 9th in the Test Bowling Rankings after 7 test matches.

----------

- yeah but they haven't made any subs
- only talking about team sports obviously
- team golf you have a point, but:
1. It's impossible to get genuinely injured playing golf:lol; and
2. You can still play golf in a wheelchair or a full body cast anyway. :D

Ha ;)

Who hasn't made any subs? Cricket teams essentially chuck a better fielder on for a bowler all day.

swacker

Chairman of Selectors
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
Philander now the fastest to 50 test wickets in 116 years, the second fastest ever.

What a freak of nature he is. Hard to believe that at the age of 26, he wasn't picked even earlier in his career

venom2011

Club Cricketer
Philander now the fastest to 50 test wickets in 116 years, the second fastest ever.

What a freak of nature he is. Hard to believe that at the age of 26, he wasn't picked even earlier in his career

Yeah great stuff, unfortunately in his early twenties he was about 50% of the bowler that he is now. No seam movement/control, about 6Kph slower and chubbier.

6ry4nj

International Coach
Yeah great stuff, unfortunately in his early twenties he was about 50% of the bowler that he is now. No seam movement/control, about 6Kph slower and chubbier.
He played a few ODIs in 07 & 08 I believe. Obviously didn't make much of an impression.

The ICC06 AI used to pick him sometimes for ODIs in 06. Impressive prescience, eh?!:)

Papa_Smurf

International Cricketer
I stated on the thread when he made his debut that he's got genuine skill with the ball. But to achieve this much this quickly, he's blown my mind. And the most impressive thing of all is that he's in direct competition with Steyn for wickets. And he's over-shown him consistently since his debut. That is a very impressive feat.

With Philander and Steyn, backed up by Delange, Morkel and Tahir, SA have got the tools necessary to be the next dominant team. Too bad they're chokers.

ferg512

International Coach
Well I'd rate him in the top 6 batsmen in the country so in my team he'd make it as a batsman.

I'll have to disagree I'm afraid, I'll take any of the top 6 we played in this test over him. If we were to pick players on form this should really be Vettoris last test, we'll miss his leadership but he'll have to go eventually. Nethula should be given a real good crack at the Windies.

AnshtheDj

Club Cricketer
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Well played Kane Williamson..rightfully earned the respect of a formidable opposition on the back of a century fashioned by good old-fashioned hard work and grit..way to go young man... test crickets future lies with youngsters like you...:cheers

CG123

Chairman of Selectors
This series has just been the same old frustrating story as a NZC fan. Some of the selections were bizarre, and the performances of some players were massive disappointments.

The obvious positives were Gillespie and Williamson, along with the likes of van Wyk.

I have to agree with ferg512, Vettori has to go. Imo you pick your six best batsmen, a WK, and your four best bowlers, which considering Vettori was batting seven and took three wickets in a lot of overs, he is not one of. Go back to playing ODIs/T20s where you were one of the best bowlers in the world, instead of what I'm sadly to say is wasting a space in our test team.

Williamson's played his two best innings in the series when he came in very early on, therefore he has all of the goods to bat three. McCullum should move back to opening, which means Flynn and Brownlie can occupy five and six respectively. That leaves one of Watling or van Wyk to bat at seven, both of whom I think will do a more the capable job, and four bowlers depending on the conditions etc.

Users who are viewing this thread