Australia tour of India (Feb '17/Mar '17)

Targaryen

You-Know-Who
India
RCB...
Profile Flag
India
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Pitch Report: Complete batting paradise. Seamers will get help from the pitch. Spinners get grip and turn from day 3.

A complete test cricket pitch. Hope to see something special in the upcoming game.

zwarrior

ICC Board Member
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Profile Flag
India
Pitch Report: Complete batting paradise. Seamers will get help from the pitch. Spinners get grip and turn from day 3.

A complete test cricket pitch. Hope to see something special in the upcoming game.
Bangalore always produces good wicket which helps all.

LiveLoveABD

ICC Board Member
Profile Flag
India
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
The winning combination did the trick for them and I can agree that Indian board handled the composition way better but winning also played a key role in the consistency. Somewhat PCB did with Misbah, He was captain for 5 to 6 years with loads of match wins behind him but once you start loose consistently with foolish changes in your squad and tactics then every nation goes mad to have drastic meaningful changes.

PS: I believe that Kholi has a long way to go as Captain and as a batsman. Its the early stages but i guess expectations are humongous

Again you're wrong. Kohli changed the playing XI about 15 times in his 20 match run. Had Karun Nair made a triple hundred for Pakistan, he would have probably been made captain and then found to be playing PSL the following year only to make a come back to the national team after three years and to be made captain five years since his original appointment. This is not a dig at your country or the talent in it, but one at the goons that run the show called cricket in it. India were exactly the same, but that's in ancient history. After the 'establishment' of the quartet we know how to respect our cricketers and at the same time quietly nudge them when it's time to go. The very fact that Nair isn't playing, but Rahane is (lunacy to even put this as a choice) shows how balanced and level headed our management and team structure is. The big difference between Kohli and Misbah is that Kohli has the backing of RUNS and there are a LOT of them. One is in his twilight, the other in his prime and pomp. One has infectious energy, the other a calm like no other. The biggest difference between the two perhaps is that Kohli is a real captain in the sense he has the authority and therefore the responsibility of wins and losses. Misbah on the other hand is a sitting duck because his decisions are often made by the press or ex-cricketers. When he wins, he's got to because that's his job but when he loses, he's responsible for everything wrong in Pakistan, even the traffic in Karachi.

Rehan_24

Panel of Selectors
Again you're wrong. Kohli changed the playing XI about 15 times in his 20 match run. Had Karun Nair made a triple hundred for Pakistan, he would have probably been made captain and then found to be playing PSL the following year only to make a come back to the national team after three years and to be made captain five years since his original appointment. This is not a dig at your country or the talent in it, but one at the goons that run the show called cricket in it. India were exactly the same, but that's in ancient history. After the 'establishment' of the quartet we know how to respect our cricketers and at the same time quietly nudge them when it's time to go. The very fact that Nair isn't playing, but Rahane is (lunacy to even put this as a choice) shows how balanced and level headed our management and team structure is. The big difference between Kohli and Misbah is that Kohli has the backing of RUNS and there are a LOT of them. One is in his twilight, the other in his prime and pomp. One has infectious energy, the other a calm like no other. The biggest difference between the two perhaps is that Kohli is a real captain in the sense he has the authority and therefore the responsibility of wins and losses. Misbah on the other hand is a sitting duck because his decisions are often made by the press or ex-cricketers. When he wins, he's got to because that's his job but when he loses, he's responsible for everything wrong in Pakistan, even the traffic in Karachi.

I have already agreed on Indian cricket board and team decisions they were much better than Pakistan's board decisions but I will emphasis that the nations temperament tested when your team looses consistently and from the first test we have seen how the people were going mad here and were talking utter non-sense (from cricketing point of view), It was more than a banana swing to be honest in my view. Fair enough that it was heat of the moment I can accept this for the sake of current argument but It would be interesting to see how it fares in the coming matches. I can't agree on being the real captain, Misbah was real captain of Pakistan as well and had the great authority. He is the one who provided the team stability which the team wanted. But with these three consecutive test series losses sort of and career has gone at the end, The nation wants to have a new captain to have some aggressive approach and everything has an end. At this stage Misbah is sitting at duck because of his own stubbornness not because of the press or majority of the nation I believe. You can't milk it for ages you have to take a decision, Like Cook said you can't perform at 95% as a captain, You have to perform 100% being a captain. As far as blaming for the traffic in Karachi.. Well I don't think so Indian players home wall would be safe from stones if they loose this test series 0-4. I am not taking a dig at the country at all, Just stating what I have observed. Maybe the nation's behavior has changed, we will have to wait and see

B

Bigby Wolf

From Karachi Traffic to Indian Players house being stone pelted! The above discussion discussion/argument has certainly become a heated one.

Velocity

International Coach
India
SRH...
Avengers
Profile Flag
India

Hopefully India can tie up the series. Sounds like a very good wicket by all means.

LiveLoveABD

ICC Board Member
Profile Flag
India
I have already agreed on Indian cricket board and team decisions they were much better than Pakistan's board decisions but I will emphasis that the nations temperament tested when your team looses consistently and from the first test we have seen how the people were going mad here and were talking utter non-sense (from cricketing point of view), It was more than a banana swing to be honest in my view. Fair enough that it was heat of the moment I can accept this for the sake of current argument but It would be interesting to see how it fares in the coming matches. I can't agree on being the real captain, Misbah was real captain of Pakistan as well and had the great authority. He is the one who provided the team stability which the team wanted. But with these three consecutive test series losses sort of and career has gone at the end, The nation wants to have a new captain to have some aggressive approach and everything has an end. At this stage Misbah is sitting at duck because of his own stubbornness not because of the press or majority of the nation I believe. You can't milk it for ages you have to take a decision, Like Cook said you can't perform at 95% as a captain, You have to perform 100% being a captain. As far as blaming for the traffic in Karachi.. Well I don't think so Indian players home wall would be safe from stones if they loose this test series 0-4. I am not taking a dig at the country at all, Just stating what I have observed. Maybe the nation's behavior has changed, we will have to wait and see

You have a habit of catching the bull by the tail. Conveniently you've ignored points from my post. India lost 4-0 and 4-0 in England and Australia after becoming World Champions! Even if India lose 4 zip to the Aussies in India, it will not change the landscape of this team management/structure. It's just basics. And you have to be joking to say Misbah had authority! He has to be regarded as one of the best ever to make the test team he did with the volatility that surrounds the team. One series in Australia and NZ he did badly and the whole of Pakistan tore him apart but when he scored the hundred in England, I could see you doing virtual push ups on this forum.

I'm not shying away from the fact that Indian fans would stone our players, but it's a thing of the past. I think we are a much more educated audience now. Pakistan are better than Bangladesh, but still poor.

CerealKiller

Staff Member
Fantasy Cricket Team
PAK...
Kings XI
Islamabad
Avengers
Profile Flag
Pakistan
I'm not shying away from the fact that Indian fans would stone our players, but it's a thing of the past. I think we are a much more educated audience now. Pakistan are better than Bangladesh, but still poor.
We're not that poor. Misbah is still widely respected. People are calling for him to step down becuase of his age, not because they hate him or something.
By the way, putting Azhar Ali at no.3 and giving a chance to Asad Shafiq were both Misbah's decisions, and look where both of them are now. And relying mainly on spin was his idea as well. When Ajmal and Hafeez were going strong, we were pretty good in ODIs, we even beat South Africa away. Sure, it didn't work in Australia, but that's the only series i can think of in which it didn't work.

Last edited:
S

Satan666

You have a habit of catching the bull by the tail. Conveniently you've ignored points from my post. India lost 4-0 and 4-0 in England and Australia after becoming World Champions! Even if India lose 4 zip to the Aussies in India, it will not change the landscape of this team management/structure. It's just basics. And you have to be joking to say Misbah had authority! He has to be regarded as one of the best ever to make the test team he did with the volatility that surrounds the team. One series in Australia and NZ he did badly and the whole of Pakistan tore him apart but when he scored the hundred in England, I could see you doing virtual push ups on this forum.

Please rethink, borderline xenophobia. I wont even bother going into where and how you gathered that information. I know you people like to look down on others and while you all may have been getting away it, please stop!

zwarrior

ICC Board Member
Profile Flag
India
Please rethink, borderline xenophobia. I wont even bother going into where and how you gathered that information. I know you people like to look down on others and while you all may have been getting away it, please stop!
You people ? Whom are you referring to ?

LiveLoveABD

ICC Board Member
Profile Flag
India

Come on dude. What are you on about? You seriously think I have prejudices or some sort of superiority complex? If you've read my posts consistently, you'll see that I'm not that chap. I have very recently said that English/Aussie fans in general, are more educated and literate than us. What does that make me? Anti-nationalist? I am not looking down on anyone and simply stating facts/opinions. Sometimes in debates the two get entangled and it's a bit childish, but that's the point of forums. Also, I'd request you to not generalise people when I have made posts. It doesn't warrant the rest of the fans being made subject to things that you're accusing me of.

Lastly, I think @CerealKiller @Rehan_24 and a few more of us have had frequent debates and discussions on India, Pakistan and a lot of other cricket stuff and they will tell you that I'm not xenophobic. My love for Pakistan cricket has nothing to do with our political stands. They don't become the reason why we should engage in childish arguments when we guys directly aren't responsible for any of that. So, chill a little and while I'm not seeking any sort of apology, you're way way off the accusations you're making mate!

Rehan_24

Panel of Selectors

I think you are not fully aware of my stance on Misbah-Ul-Haq, what he has done for the team I have a respect but what he didn't do right or the points I have differences with him as a captain, I have always stated that. I have been saying this and will stand on my stance that He has always been the captain who looked for excuses to loose a match in tough tours and against tough teams and in tough situations because of his defensive mindset. This hasn't been new to us, It was a legacy which was started by Inzamam but he wasn't that defensive in his approach but Misbah carried Inzy's legacy and Azhar carried Misbah's one. I am happy that now we have Sarfraz at the moment and we have gotten rid from defensive approach somehow. Though he has to learn a lot like every new captain does. That has been my take.

Winning matches doesn't give you a license to become the best captain ever, I see it through approach not through stats. A brave approach and good system eventually lead you to the Top consistently. Yeah, I did virtual push-ups back in Lords match but those were for his batting performance and for that matter that he shuts his critics up that he has gone old and unfit, I never changed my stance towards his defensive tactics and how it has damaged the team sometimes. He won matches with that approach we became No. 1 Test team, Good for the team at that stage.

I can't agree on the point that one series against Australia and Nz made him got torn badly... We lifted him and the entire team right up there when they fought so bravely in the Gabba Test we almost won a match despite Australia won in actual result but we backed the team like anything but this doesn't mean that you go shy away from your mistakes and don't learn. The MCG and Sydeny tests were sheer poor performances as well as pathetic performances were there against Newzeland as if that if its a very low quality team the issue was with the captain's approach and how he fought in the ground with his approach not with the team itself. So I differ that nation has somewhat abnormal stance on the demand of axing Misbah at this stage. We have the cricketing logic and nation is well aware of Cricket. Even today you can see we are willing If he tours West Indies as a captain or as a player though we feel that his time has end and he should say Good bye to International Cricket. PCB is to blame as well a bit here by leaking news here and there and not communicating well with Misbah's future. I agree with @CerealKiller here, Its not because of hate or something, Its because of age, and he served pretty well for long and its time for some fresh blood because Pakistan Cricket needs it badly now. One fine example is Alister Cook, did the right thing at the right time.

I fully agree with you that If India goes 0-4 in this series against Aussies, The structure, captain and all things would be same.. While I don't know what would be audience reactions though. However, Let me put you in a situation If India loses 0-4 with an innings and some margin or with 333 runs each match for two consecutive series. Won't the nation demand some drastic or some core level changes in management, team, structure? Coming back to first test against Australia, Some things were heat of the moment and some were ultra over-confidence when some people said India will do a 750 in the first innings... Everyone misread the pitch so is by Indian team.

Rehan_24

Panel of Selectors
Coming to match tomorrow, I just watched Kohli press conference. What I liked about him is his calmness and clarity of views. On the field, He is quite aggressive and off the field He is quite there for you with his clear goals and plans and someone who is not threatened by the mind games playing by Australia at the moment rather handling it with maturity. He is very eager to reply back to Australia on the ground which is great to see and a benchmark approach for the subcontinent captains. I am hoping a very strong response from Indian batting in this match, Lets hope for an even good pitch this time around. Tomorrow would be a cracker

SaiSrini

Respected Legend
CSK
Coming to match tomorrow, I just watched Kohli press conference. What I liked about him is his calmness and clarity of views. On the field, He is quite aggressive and off the field He is quite there for you with his clear goals and plans and someone who is not threatened by the mind games playing by Australia at the moment rather handling it with maturity. He is very eager to reply back to Australia on the ground which is great to see and a benchmark approach for the subcontinent captains. I am hoping a very strong response from Indian batting in this match, Lets hope for an even good pitch this time around. Tomorrow would be a cracker

Bangalore will be a way better pitch. It's a historical test venue and is known for producing good test wickets.

By the way, for first time I liked what Bishan Singh Bedi is saying. Why do you want to take test cricket to centres like Pune and Dharmashala if you want to keep tests thriving? Tests should only be played in big centres where there is chance of good turnout. Smaller centres should not host tests. Centres like Bangalore, Mumbai, Chennai, Delhi, Kolkata and Hyderabad should be ear marked as test centres and should be the only grounds to host tests.

toecrusher71

Club Cricketer
Profile Flag
India
Well crowd attendance in a test match is a problem even with well established grounds.Crowd in matches indore vs nz,vizag vs eng are much higher than regular stadiums.My view new stadiums can be developed than restricting to main centers.

Users who are viewing this thread