Australia's Tour Of India - 2008

mattfb

Chairman of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
Some private channels are like that. You cannot make your view by seeing or listening to what only one channel makes news about, There are government channels which are pure relaxation like DD, etc;

You might not know our media, but so, These are the idiot channels are: Headlines today, IBN7, Star news, etc; (Hindi) {OH MAN! THIS IS PURE CRAP!!!!} I'd like to take my boots off and slam at them, but only knowing that i'll damage my TV.

Especially the star news, For example, If a person sneezes off, they create so much hype that they send their correspondents to the person and Create Hype AS IF THERE ARE NEW DISEASES AND THE WORLD'S ENDING!!!!

when they show videos, they put SCARY TEXT And Many Ferocious voice artists speak in so creepy manner to create an exclamation among the viewers, which is SO Disgusting and FAILS Everytime.

Yeah, They're fools too. Some clever guy sent a video someday that they captured a U.F.O. And SN brought a scientist at work for that! And later, you know what, It turned out to be a Mobile camera shaking off the focus on the moon. Just like you do light textures.

Coming to cricket! MAN, there are only 4-8 channels in india which are so irritating and crap, and they Bring our country's respect for media in the world in shame. Other channels are quite perfect, less crap, PURE INFORMATION.

I dont know the name of the channel that said that crap so I called it the Indian news channel in reference to that quote. I know there not all like that.

Neo95

Club Cricketer
I dont know the name of the channel that said that crap so I called it the Indian news channel in reference to that quote. I know there not all like that.

I can put all my money and say that it is the channel of illiterates

*cough*cough*

INDIA TV!!!

India2011

Club Cricketer
Hey Feelin Blue?, do you remember the agreement we had before the series started? That if India won the series, you would change your avvy to an India flag with the sign India > Australia?

I haven't forgotten. :D

shravi

National Board President
Profile Flag
India
World Champions was just looking for an argument and a reason to criticize India. I don't know what channel he was watching but it was one of the channels that isn't funded very well. Most Hindi news channels are very opinionated, not very factual and an exaggerate in their statements. They do the same thing with Indian players, sometimes even worse.

KBC

Panel of Selectors
I agree with shravi. Even if you take a look at star sports, ESPN, Star Cricket Channels' tremendous achievements till now, it's Been international and the reason the quality has been Extreme is because, it's funded excellently. Take a look at NEO Sports, they DO have wealth/money, but their pockets have been torn by a tchief called "BCCI" :p.. All those money goes into broadcasting rights and their quality is... better NOT speak about it........

:cheers ..

tassietiger

International Cricketer
Well let me pose a couple of questions for you. He didn't have Brad Hogg, but he had Simon Katich who was a chinaman (the same as Brad Hogg). He had Jason Krejza, an actual spinner of the ball, waiting in the wings for 3 Test matches. Katich probably bowled less than 20 overs total and Krejza wasn't picked but for a last resort. Where was trying something new when things weren't working? If India is a place for spinners to succeed, why wasn't Katich tried more? Your very fellow Australians on the forum wondered at the way he was shuffling (or rather, not shuffling) his bowling. Finally, I would argue that not trusting Brett Lee went a long way in pushing his confidence down. In that session where Ponting claimed that he didn't use Lee to "increase the over rate" (yet, strangely, even the over rate in that session did not do help significantly), he basically told Lee that the captain had lost faith in him.

Firstly, not picking Krezja isn't really his decision. The selectors stuck with White despite Ponting not really wanting him in there. He said he wanted to give Krezja a run the whole time but obviously the selectors didn't agree.

Secondly, Brett Lee deserved it. He was rubbish. If he lasts this summer without being dropped, I think the selectors have been paid off. Stuart Clark would've been pretty pissed when he found out that he was dropped and Lee was kept in the side.

Katich wasn't tried more because even he doesn't rate his own bowling. Michael Clarke has bowled extremely well in India before, so he was obviously going to try that one out first.

Ponting is a bad captain when Australia lose, and when they win it is just his star players playing well. It's not particularly fair. He's a better captain than Steve Waugh, who had Warne and McGrath at their peak, and had no tactics outside of putting those two on and using ridiculously attacking fields. Australia's best bowler was not as good as India's worst. There's not much a captain can do with that.

Themer

Chairman of Selectors
Sachin retiring will see even non-Indians melt and would make them not want to see him go (not all non-indians, quite a few of them).

I'm non Indian but wouldn't melt if sachin retired. I don't paticularly like him myself he's seriously overhyped and the hysteria surrounding him annoys me.

SaiSrini

Respected Legend
CSK
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Chetan,Dravid won't be pick for the ODI :noway he will be picked for the Test but will not score as he used to.Looked at his form. He hasn't scored many runs for the last 10 test matches as far as i know only 1 half century!!

Lets see if Dravid is selected for the two-test matches vs England. I feel he should be asked to go back to domestic cricket (or county cricket in England).

saisrini80 added 1 Minutes and 23 Seconds later...

I'm non Indian but wouldn't melt if sachin retired. I don't paticularly like him myself he's seriously overhyped and the hysteria surrounding him annoys me.

Did you notice those words in the brackets that I put, or you're just saying this to make sure your opinion is heard aloud (and possibly make it sound like a fact)?

We have all seen the reception that Sachin has got in countries other than India. The reception in Australia was spectacular, he did receive a very good reception in almost every country that he has played. Every other top player today ranks Sachin as the world's best or among the world's top two (with Brian Lara being the other). Accept it or not, Sachin is a legend and among the world's Top 5 best players to have played across any generation (the Don Bradman generation included).

Last edited:

sohum

Executive member
Profile Flag
India
Firstly, not picking Krezja isn't really his decision. The selectors stuck with White despite Ponting not really wanting him in there. He said he wanted to give Krezja a run the whole time but obviously the selectors didn't agree.
Well, as a captain he must have more backbone than that. I know Dhoni's gone with an unexpected selection before and it's worked to his credit. Besides, wasn't Krejza picked in the 12 for the 3rd test? He was definitely eligible for selection, then.

Secondly, Brett Lee deserved it. He was rubbish. If he lasts this summer without being dropped, I think the selectors have been paid off. Stuart Clark would've been pretty pissed when he found out that he was dropped and Lee was kept in the side.
The thing with Lee is he had looked like he had stepped into the mantle of being Australia's top bowler. I don't know why you have such a personal vendetta against him, but I think he's a top class fast bowler and a year ago was the best fast bowler in the world. Maybe he had a niggle or maybe he was doubting himself. It is up to the captain to recognize one or the other and make sure he doesn't lose the utility of one of his players.

Katich wasn't tried more because even he doesn't rate his own bowling. Michael Clarke has bowled extremely well in India before, so he was obviously going to try that one out first.
But the few times he bowled he bowled pretty well and got spin. Again, who is leading this side. Is it the selectors? Is it each specific player? Ponting needs to have some control over his team... It doesn't matter how much you rate your bowling if you are going to be useful--and Katich did look useful. And OT, I'm glad Clarke bowled as much as he did in this series because it has hopefully gone a long way in doing away with the myth that he is a "match-winning bowler".

Ponting is a bad captain when Australia lose, and when they win it is just his star players playing well. It's not particularly fair. He's a better captain than Steve Waugh, who had Warne and McGrath at their peak, and had no tactics outside of putting those two on and using ridiculously attacking fields. Australia's best bowler was not as good as India's worst. There's not much a captain can do with that.
No... the real test of Ponting's captaincy will come now. All teams are torn apart by the media and fans when they lose, but people have had issues with Ponting's captaincy whether he is winning or losing. Now with his star players gone, it will be up to him to inspire his players to perform well. Australia have not become a bad side overnight. Lee has shown he has something in the past--it won't just disappear into oblivion suddenly. Mitch bowls well in spurts--he needs to tune that into becoming consistent. A good captain, in my opinion, brings the best out of mediocre players. Dhoni brings a positive mood to the team (of course, he needs to be tested when the team is under the hammer). There's no better example than the mediocre fielder Mishra creating a run out that probably settled the series.

Themer

Chairman of Selectors
Did you notice those words in the brackets that I put, or you're just saying this to make sure your opinion is heard aloud (and possibly make it sound like a fact)?

We have all seen the reception that Sachin has got in countries other than India. The reception in Australia was spectacular, he did receive a very good reception in almost every country that he has played. Every other top player today ranks Sachin as the world's best or among the world's top two (with Brian Lara being the other). Accept it or not, Sachin is a legend and among the world's Top 5 best players to have played across any generation (the Don Bradman generation included).

Woops my bad, didn't notice the brackets but I still see him as over hyped don't think he classes as a legend.

cricketfrantic

School Cricketer

Well there is no doubt he IS the one of the all time great to have ever played this beautiful game.

The popularity of a MAN can be guaged by the fact that he draws the most number of comment whether negative (mostly out of prejudice) and positive.

There is no Player in the Cricketing history that evokes so much of emotions or dare I say in the World of Sports as that by One & only
SACHIN RAMESH TENDULKAR :hpraise:hpraise:hpraise:hpraise:hpraise
:cheers

Last edited:

Yogy

Club Cricketer
Except Kumble and Dravid's ratings, all are high. Ganguly deserved 8.

Users who are viewing this thread