Australia tour of India (Feb '17/Mar '17)

I love sessions like that one, reading posts from the first session predicting some impending doom gave me a good chuckle.

Pitch seems completely fine from what I've watched. 350 is the bare minimum if Australia want to have a chance. Anything less it's game, set and match India.

Last edited:
This is slipping out of our hand!

300 for Australia after being 130 odd for 1 in first session.Excellent comeback by the Indians with Kuldeep Yadav as the chief destroyer and other bowlers chipping in with some Crucial wickets (the wicket of Steve Smith just before the tea was a big one )

Just saw Warner's wicket. Did Kuldeep get emotional after getting that wicket ? Just shows how much it means to him. I love it. Playing for your nation and contributing to it. Amazing stuff.

Yep he was and it was more so because Rahane showed faith in him ahead of Ashwin & Jadeja at that time. It was like he was thanking Rahane for giving him the ball.

Just saw Warner's wicket. Did Kuldeep get emotional after getting that wicket ? Just shows how much it means to him. I love it. Playing for your nation and contributing to it. Amazing stuff.
Kohli also ran to the pitch after the Warner wicket with the drinks and to give him some tips
Great to see that a captain bringing the drinks for the players

Kohli also ran to the pitch after the Warner wicket with the drinks and to give him some tips
Great to see that a captain bringing the drinks for the players
Ya. Saw the photos. Great dedication. He wants to contribute to the team all the time.

A pitch tailor-made for the opposition team, its weird that Indian curators keep doing this out of nowhere. Has India ever got a rank turner outside Asia? M just curious.

Why can't the Indian curators just prepare a normal pitch. They don't have to move from one extreme to another.

Its surprising that people including Allan Border are making fuss of it. To read the comments from former Aussie captain is ridiculous. Of course there is a risk of having a new batsman coming on a difficult wicket but there's nothing anyone could do about it. They're all humans, not bots.

Australia hold the edge now. Starc's innings will be the difference. I guess it will be very difficult to bat in the last session tomorrow and with how Umesh's ball took off when Starc was batting, Starc would be happy to bowl in the morning session. Tough day tomorrow for India but I believe we will manage a small lead in the first innings.

Border always tries to give this "look I am so tough" impression. Its annoying. What was he expecting Renshaw to do? Shit on the pitch and carry on? Give me a break.

That was a very good comeback by India after that first session. Very happy for Kuldeep and loved how Indian management held him him back until the final test so Australia had no idea about him. He has pretty fantastic control for a young chinaman bowler and we all saw it today. He is also handy with bat so that's a plus as well. We did a good job of restricting them to 300 but now our batsmen needs to bat big. They have all had decent scores this series apart from Nair but we need everyone to contribute this time to get a win this test match.

It is ridiculous with how much ease Smith scores a hundred against us every time. It's like he knows every plan that is prepared for him and we just can't seem to get him out. Probably the reason he is the best in the world right now in test cricket.

Well Kuldeep shut my mouth in the best possible way he could - by letting the ball do the talking.

It's India's day no doubt. Australia would have wanted at least 350 after winning the toss. So the comeback made by India after the first session is commendable.

The next two sessions might well decide the fate of the match and the series. This is exciting. This is what Test cricket should be all about. Australia are down but still not out.

And Smith, boy oh boy. He makes batting look so easy, especially against Indian bowlers. It's as if he has demoralised the bowling unit so much that they no longer look to take his wicket and rather try to open up the other end.

Users who are viewing this thread