Australia tour of India (Feb '17/Mar '17)

I hope it's not a case of "out of syllabus" scenario now. We were worrying about Warner and Smith and now that they are gone, I just hope someone doesn't stand up and make India suffer.

This is not how Australia should be losing the series. Incredible fight shown by the team but Smith getting out to a poor delivery is very rare to see. Even 200 looks incredibly tough from here but no regrets about the effort shown by the team throughout the series. To lose 2-1 when 4-0 was the common prediction deserves praise.[DOUBLEPOST=1490600250][/DOUBLEPOST]Dear oh dear. Australia are succumbing to Yadav and Kumar. The pitch which looked so flat when Hazlewood and Cummins bowled looks like prime WACA now.

499 runs for Smith this series! Batted superbly in testing conditions easily the man of the series irrespective of the result.

Umesh needs to let it rip here. One more wicket from the seamers will really dent the Australians.

What fast bowling from Yadav here, Renshaw gone! Tremendous spell of fast bowling with the new ball. 3 down before the deficit is cleared.

I think if every team prepared for an overseas series like Australia did, Test cricket would be much more interesting.
Pakistan prepared like this before the England series, and we could've won that, if it wasn't for that collapse at Edgbaston. Even if they prepared for a couple of weeks, I think it would be enough to at least have a competitive series.

Renshaw's contribution this game: 8 runs in two innings, 2 game-changing dropped catches and draining the Australian momentum on the field as well with the bat. Summing up the runs scored by Rahul and Saha after the drops, it's -68 runs lmao.

A 200 Lead is what we need to have any chance of winning the match & the series!

Last edited:
Renshaw's contribution this game: 8 runs in two innings, 2 game-changing dropped catches and draining the Australian momentum on the field as well with the bat. Summing up the runs scored by Rahul and Saha after the drops, it's -68 runs lmao.
Shouldn't be so hard on him. He is young. Yes, he was very bad this game but he was good in all the other games. Apart from Smith, he was the other main guy for Aussies.

I`m slightly worried about Maxwell here. We can`t let him settle in so fast. An hour of Maxwell could just turn this around very quickly. Bhuvi has not looked penetrative here and is either too short or too full. Cannot afford that at his pace. Umesh might bowl one more over at the most. I would get Kuldeep in to bowl right away now. We must get them 6 down by the time they get to 100.

I hope Aussie media doesn't bash him too much. He's only 20 and this is supposed to be a tour where even the likes of Ricky Ponting has failed. He's a good batsman and I'm sure with experience he'll be a lot better batsman, may be good enough to carry Aussie cricket on his shoulders for the next decade. Him and Handscomb are both gems for the future.

What is going on here. Maxwell is taking us on now. Unless we get him out, this is going to be really dangerous for us. I somehow feel that Ashwin has to contribute in this innings for us to win. If Ashwin gets 3 wickets or more, we will sail through.

Australia have got to a 35-run lead in no time. This is ominous.

Lyon > Warne , Swann , Muralitharan against India

This is all over for India i guess!Maxwell is set for a big one and Handscomb is very comfortable against the spinners.

EDIT - I am taking my words back!

Last edited by a moderator:
X-factor coming into play here. Great session for India but the Maxwell threat looms large. As long as he is there, runs will keep flowing. So crucial his wicket is now.

Users who are viewing this thread