Australia vs South Africa - Second Test

akira2291

Club Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
@zexyzahid: sorry for misunderstanding. (but truly said, i think symonds will do much better than kallis. my opinion is, that symonds is better than kallis - "now".
of course kallis "was" a great player, but i didn't see any success in his batting and bowling in recent games. dont mind, its okay, that we haven't the same opinion about this two players ;)

@aussie: thats true, after losing all time i tried choosing the players a little different
then before. i tried it the first time at the IND vs SRL match and it worked well.
i see, that the bonus player role can help a lot. but i have a lot of luck at the last games, thats the only key ;)

but there is a point, that will interest all:
this time no one has hayden as captain. thats a very big plus point for all who have warne or ponting as captain ;)

ZexyZahid

Chairman of Selectors
First time I didn't choose Symonds and he gets three wickets and hits 78 runs. :mad

Suddenly Kallis took three wickets in an over. :) And Gilchrist out for a duck. :clap

Last edited:

akira2291

Club Cricketer
all perfect. warne took 5 of 16 wickets at the end of day 4.
thats good. only one player did nothing: gilchtrist.
ntini didnt get that much wickets, also b.lee and mcgrath.
i think its a good chance for me ;)

ZexyZahid

Chairman of Selectors
Symonds took another two wickets. :eek: Within two days he changed his Test future.

Hopefully Warne will get the rest of the wickets. There are four wickets left.

akira2291

Club Cricketer
i hope that MacGill can take a couple of wickets. but most important for me is, that neither mcgrath or even lee will take the wickets ;)

Last edited:

ZexyZahid

Chairman of Selectors
But you don't have Lee and McGrath. :rolleyes:

Lee took three wickets in the first innings. So he is one of the players who gave me bonus points, just like Ponting. My other bonus players Hodge and McGrath didn't do much. McGrath has only two wickets in this match. But is very economical.

Just counted: Warne has 108 normal points now. (including bat and bowl and runs against) Someone who has Hayden as captain has 202 (404 doubled) normal points. Warne needs a lot of wickets before I can neutralize that. Especially bowled and LBW's.

Octavius

Club Cricketer
ZexyZahid said:
But you don't have Lee and McGrath. :rolleyes:

exactly his point, he doesnt want them to do well because he doesnt have Lee and McGrath and neither do i :P

but mcgill hasnt been given the bowling time like i hoped to get his lions share of the wickets :( but well done aussies they deserve this test match, SA blew it by playing safe.

anyone have hussey except me? i traded Hodge for Hussey this time cause i felt hussey would get jealous of hodges success and get lots of runs and Hodge would relax too much after his big 200.

Symonds has booked a ticket for Sydney alright, i chose Kallis thinking hed be hungry for runs, but his careful batting style doesnt work well with the aussies patient bowling tactics and incredible accuracy......

im expecting Gilly to fire up for Sydney, he is well overdue, gonna be a coin toss between him and boucher, who i have also lost all faith in.

Pollock has been dissapointing too.

Jaques let me down, i took a punt on him thinking few others would pick him, but that backfired ( i wouldve chosen Smith as his replacement so i think thats about even, although Smith bowled and took a wicket), luckily i had Hayden as my other opener, but i think this will be my first real failure in FC..

good luck guys.

akira2291

Club Cricketer
no problem if its your first failure, there will come a lots of games in the next time and im sure you can get some. your thinking about the selection is good, in particular for jealousy ;)

to your essay ;) : i agree with all points only one not:
i don't think pollock has been disappointing. pollock played the last games very well. he had a great economy,but didn't took such much wickets. but this time he fired up again; and for a FC game the wickets are more important then anything else (for a bowler), so i think hes performance was very well.

Last edited:

cricket_lover

International Cricketer
Aussies won! I'tll be an interesting one, this one.
Pollock lacked wickets, i had him and Kallis as my all-rounders. Hodge/Gilchrist were my let-off.

Also, if we have one of Hodge/Hussey/Hayden/Ponting as the captain/bonus players, it wlil be of great advantage.

ZexyZahid

Chairman of Selectors
Octavius said:
exactly his point, he doesnt want them to do well because he doesnt have Lee and McGrath and neither do i :P

He had written something else, which saying McGrath and Lee should get wickets, before he edited it.

And Pollock isn't a failure for me either.

McGrath took also three wickets, so bonus for me. :) Only one of my bonus players didn't got me extra bonus: Hodge.

But I don't think I will be in the top 3 this time.

Users who are viewing this thread