Australian Tour of India, October 2010/11

I say we try out Praveen Kumar in tests. Especially on wickets like these, where stump to stump bowling is rewarded, PK can be quite a handful. Not sure about how he would be in more traditional test match tracks where most of your wickets are going to be catches behind the stumps, though.

Sreesanth isn't a bad option. India's fast bowling reservoirs are not as bad as it seems, we just keep going to the same crappy bowlers. I think if we can get 1 duo going in the sub continent we will be a much better side.

Get Ojha out too. Our spinners need to be wicket takers!

North to get a pair and then make a century in the 2nd match

Hope he gets dropped for 2nd match. :facepalm

TumTum added 0 Minutes and 57 Seconds later...

Tbh he is the reason India did so well yesterday.

TumTum added 4 Minutes and 2 Seconds later...

Decided to lurk around a bit and found this
91480_marcusnorth.jpg

marcus-north-959607.jpg

Hoping for a good start from the bowlers today. Watson must be enjoying his tour so far. He's been out to bat three times with 3 hundreds to his name.

Hoping for a good start from the bowlers today. Watson must be enjoying his tour so far. He's been out to bat three times with 3 hundreds to his name.
The dressing room are going to forget what he looks like soon

He did have Watson dropped by Dhoni too. He bowled really well, but we were really defensive. I must say Hussey really has become a different player, he gets tied down far too easily.

Had this convo with Shravi last night about how before this game Katto and Hussey had the same amount on runs scored and matched played.

Shows how far Katich has come and how far Hussey has dropped. Those 6 extra not outs really make Hussey super overrated and Katich underrated

Hussey had this quite excellent ability to change a game, in his first 2 years of his career. The ton at Adelaide vs WI and the one vs SA at the MCG were just amazing, incredible knocks. All of a sudden he became a nicker, and has been unsure of his off stump for some time, lacking the command he once had. His pet shots arent coming anymore, unlike Ponting who you know can unleash a pull or his signature on drive any time.

^Yes agree on Hussey, he hasn't looked right for a while now. This Aussie team will be potentially VERY different after this summer. If Australia loses the Ashes, I can't see Ponting being retained as captain and he'd possibly be dropped outright too. Hussey if he has a lean series would definitely get the flick. Katich should still be around, but perhaps will be dropped down the order to accommodate Hughes and give some experience in the middle. Oh and North to be dropped too. So you could have something like this for the first post Ashes Test series:
Watson
Hughes
Khawaja (or Katich if they don't trust Usman at #3 just yet)
Clarke
Katich
Smith? (or White/Ferguson/Klinger if Smith is too bold a choice...or if having ALL the batsmen from NSW is seen as overkill :p)

But anyway, lets just concentrate on extending this innings another couple of sessions first. Paine is a grinder, so the conditions and challenge may suit him. I'd also love to see a counter attack at some point too. Hopefully Johnson can last 20-30 balls and then have a go at hitting the spinners off their line and lengths.

Last edited:
I say we try out Praveen Kumar in tests. Especially on wickets like these, where stump to stump bowling is rewarded, PK can be quite a handful. Not sure about how he would be in more traditional test match tracks where most of your wickets are going to be catches behind the stumps, though.

Sreesanth isn't a bad option. India's fast bowling reservoirs are not as bad as it seems, we just keep going to the same crappy bowlers. I think if we can get 1 duo going in the sub continent we will be a much better side.

Praveen's problem is his lack of pace. If we go to England, he would be a great option because conditions in England aid swing bowling, and Praveen can get prodigious swing. On flat tracks, he will be belted.

Its Ishant's bad luck that he got injured just at a time when the ball started reversing a lot. Heard there was lot of reverse swing in the last session. Had he been there, we might have got some more maybe. I still dont think Ishant is done with. He and Sree are still good options for tests.

SaiSrini added 0 Minutes and 36 Seconds later...

Wish that too. 300 would be a very good score that India would have restricted Australia to.

I don't get why Hussey doesn't play like he does in ODIs. He clearly can still switch his game but for whatever reason he just plays the snail game in Test cricket. If that is what hes going to do then he has to go.

From India's perspective the lack of fast bowling doesn't bode well for the South African tour. Sreesanth should be played in the next text considering his previous success in that country.
As for the Ashes i can honestly say that everything depends on Ricky. I hope he starts plugging a few centuries here and there. Considering the squad i would give Hughes a chance in the middle order. I know it isn't his position but watson and katich seemed settled to me.

From India's perspective the lack of fast bowling doesn't bode well for the South African tour. Sreesanth should be played in the next text considering his previous success in that country.
As for the Ashes i can honestly say that everything depends on Ricky. I hope he starts plugging a few centuries here and there. Considering the squad i would give Hughes a chance in the middle order. I know it isn't his position but watson and katich seemed settled to me.

Ishant should be fit for South Africa. Sreesanth is there, Zaheer is our leader of the pack. Mithun would be a good backup (I would take him as the fourth seamer since his style of bowling will suit SA pitches). If they take a fifth seamer, would take Munaf Patel.

Users who are viewing this thread