Avatar: The Movie {From the Director of Titanic}

Chetan0304

Chairman of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned

Caught the trailer in between intermission while watching 2012.

We have a lot of entertaining new movies coming this Christmas :banana2

P

pcfan123

What exactly is this? Hear everyone at work talking about it yet have no clue what it is!

Off to youtube....

Hmarka added 0 Minutes and 27 Seconds later...

Caught the trailer in between intermission while watching 2012.

Intermission? At a movie theater?

McLOVIN

Chairman of Selectors
i thought i was gonna watch it, when i 1st saw the trailer on tv. but i already got it all figured out. the guy is gonna fall in love with the girl, when he was suppose to go and gain their (weird animal human w/e they are) trust and backstab em. and blah blah blah .. i think i mentioned it some where

i think in India they have that. b/c Bolly movies are long!

unless he means like before show preview... those neverrr ends!! so annoying

MacLovin added 4 Minutes and 15 Seconds later...

#post1606129

SaiSrini

Respected Legend
CSK
PlanetCricket Award Winner
What exactly is this? Hear everyone at work talking about it yet have no clue what it is!

Off to youtube....

Hmarka added 0 Minutes and 27 Seconds later...

In India, we have intervals between movies. It is a part of our movie watching culture (probably introduced because of the length of our films). Thats why films that release in India are asked to incorporate intervals within the movie itself (they display a sign during the movie that says 'Interval' or 'Intermission'). If a movie is 2 hrs 30 mins long, the interval comes after 1 hr and 15 mins (or close to that). Basically the film is split into two halves, first half and second half. Even the Indian films that release in the US, we have the intermission as part of it. Best time to go out and grab some fresh snacks, and also talk about how the movie is going so far. If the movie is boring, you can sneak out without disturbing people.

Last edited:

jkartik

Chairman of Selectors
the intermission was introduced in the era when indian films on an average were close to 3.00 - 3.30 hrs long. :p

i honestly dont see this trend changing even though our movies are only 2.00 - 2.30 hrs long these days.

its a good thing to have a break in-between....go to the loo etc without missing the action.....give your eyes a break.....chat up with your friends about the first half etc...

King Cricket

International Coach
Hmarka; said:

It's a film which is likely to revolutionize the way films are made, and the way we see them. This quote from the film's page in wikipedia explains it all:

In December 2006, Cameron explained that the delay in producing the film since the 1990s had been to wait until the technology necessary to create his project was advanced enough. The director planned to create photo-realistic computer-generated characters by using motion capture animation technology, on which he had been doing work for the past 14 months. Unlike previous performance capture systems, where the digital environment is added after the actors' motions have been captured, Cameron's new virtual camera allows him to observe directly on a monitor how the actors' virtual counterparts interact with the movie's digital world in real time and adjust and direct the scenes just as if shooting live action; "It’s like a big, powerful game engine. If I want to fly through space, or change my perspective, I can. I can turn the whole scene into a living miniature and go through it on a 50 to 1 scale."[43] Cameron planned to continue developing the special effects for Avatar, which he hoped would be released in summer 2009. He also gave fellow directors Steven Spielberg and Peter Jackson a chance to test the new technology.[44] Spielberg and George Lucas were also able to visit the set to watch Cameron direct with the equipment.[24]

Other technological innovations include a performance-capture stage, called The Volume, which is six times larger than previously used and an improved method of capturing facial expressions. The tool is a small individually made skull cap with a tiny camera attached to it, located in front of the actors' face which collects information about their facial expressions and eyes, which is then transmitted to the computers. This way, Cameron intends to transfer about 95% of the actors' performances to their digital counterparts. Besides a real time virtual world, the team is also experimenting with a way of letting computer generated characters interact with real actors on a real, live-action set while shooting live action.

This must be one of the most anticipated films in the history of Hollywood. Really looking forward to it! Will definitely catch a first day-first show!

King Cricket added 8 Minutes and 52 Seconds later...

MacLovin; said:
i thought i was gonna watch it, when i 1st saw the trailer on tv. but i already got it all figured out. the guy is gonna fall in love with the girl, when he was suppose to go and gain their (weird animal human w/e they are) trust and backstab em. and blah blah blah .. i think i mentioned it some where

It's not about the plot, Mac, it's about the way this particular film is made. Cameron has done everything with computer generated characters; no human acting involved at all. The film is the first of it's kind!

P

pcfan123

Come to think of it I like the idea of an intermission. If I ever want to go use the bathroom or get some popcorn etc I always miss some of the movie or disturb people by shuffling across the rows.

How long is the intermission? Can't see it working on the shorter movies to be honest, some movies are only 1 hr 15 mins, an intermission for that would be a bit pointless, but for films like 2012, I couldve used one big time.

gudduthemaster

International Cricketer
Come to think of it I like the idea of an intermission. If I ever want to go use the bathroom or get some popcorn etc I always miss some of the movie or disturb people by shuffling across the rows.

How long is the intermission? Can't see it working on the shorter movies to be honest, some movies are only 1 hr 15 mins, an intermission for that would be a bit pointless, but for films like 2012, I couldve used one big time.

5-10min :)

SaiSrini

Respected Legend
CSK
PlanetCricket Award Winner

An intermission wont work for 1 hr 15 min films. It should only be for films that are = or > than 1 hr 45 mins. Its normally 5-10 mins.

Chetan0304

Chairman of Selectors
Releasing today. Looks promising will be in theater for the last show just to witness the special effects :banana.

Big release after 2012, not new moon :facepalm

D

Dutch

Mmmm, I'll wait and see about this. I also thought 2012 was going to be brilliant but it turned out to be the biggest load of Hollywood drivel I have see for a long time. Sorry line is pretty predictable even though the location is original. Special effects are only one part of it for me. there has to be a believable story and good acing to deliver it otherwise the SPecial effects just get tedious after a while.

iridescentt

Panel of Selectors
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Just straying away a bit, but I've read numerous reviews stating that the video game aspect of the movie is pretty good. Breaks away from the 'Movie games suck' cliche.

McLOVIN

Chairman of Selectors
the director worked on it for 10 years. after he finished making Titanic, he started to work on this.

i got a IMAX ticket for this. i didnt wanna watch it. i still dont. i am pretty sure its gona be ████. dont care about how it was made. but i will watch it because its IMAX, and its free, and its right after 31st night. last movie i watched at IMAX was Transformers 2. i guess thats the reason why i liked it and every 1 hated it.

jkartik

Chairman of Selectors
i watched it on IMAX last night...yeah baby....3D !!!! :D

Avatar is one of the best movies of all time. i cant write an entire review
but your sure to be BLOWN AWAY. Hats Off to James Cameron and the entire cast and crew.

Its not a movie, its an experience.

4.75 / 5.

Users who are viewing this thread