Avatar: The Movie {From the Director of Titanic}

SaiSrini

Respected Legend
CSK
PlanetCricket Award Winner
after the movie ended, everyone actually stood up and clapped for 2 mins.
i've never seen this happening to any bollywood movie(i doubt it'll ever happen)...not even RDB or a Taare zameen par.

this is testimony of how spectacular the movie is.

It happened for TZP. Some of the personal reviews that appeared on websites said that the audiences gave a standing ovation for the climax of TZP.

SaiSrini added 1 Minutes and 52 Seconds later...

wait a min, i thought it comes out tomorrow, how can you possibly have seen it already?

18th December, everywhere, even in India. 17th December here, its 18th December in the morning in India, you havent seen it! = lier

btw this ████ is 2 hrs and 42 min long?? man flip that!

In India, the premiere shows started as early as 16th. Abhishek Bachchan, Amitabh Bachchan all watched the film on 16th itself and Abhishek even updated his twitter status on how much he loved the film....

McLOVIN

Chairman of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
well i didnt know that:). IMDB only says US and UK 16th Dec Premier show

Pranav

ICC Board Member
I am watching it in the evening. I had to get my show booked about a week back because this is one movie that Delhiites are eagerly waiting for.

Only two PVR's in Delhi are showing this. One of them is PVR-Digital Ambience mall. (I watch all my movies here. It's just 20 mins drive from home.)

King Cricket

International Coach
I'd give the theatres a visit this Sunday. Boy, just read some reviews, and I'm feeling so goddamn excited! Cameron dear, you're a legend! The guy re-defined the art of film making. I seriously can't wait!

SaiSrini

Respected Legend
CSK
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Just came back from the 'Avatar' movie. Must say that the special effects were alone worth double the price of the ticket that I paid ($13 per ticket for the 3D version). The story was not greatly engaging, but the special effects should probably be the BEST EVER IN THE WORLD!!! Since the length of the movie was 2 hrs 40 mins, I started getting my eyes troubling me since it was 3D (the movie could have been 2 hrs or less).

Overall, a technically stunning film which could have been a little better with its length and story. Great story or not, just go and watch it for the special effects (try the 3D version, you will be blown away)

Rating: 4/5

D

Dutch

Just came back from the 'Avatar' movie. Must say that the special effects were alone worth double the price of the ticket that I paid ($13 per ticket for the 3D version). The story was not greatly engaging, but the special effects should probably be the BEST EVER IN THE WORLD!!! Since the length of the movie was 2 hrs 40 mins, I started getting my eyes troubling me since it was 3D (the movie could have been 2 hrs or less).

Overall, a technically stunning film which could have been a little better with its length and story. Great story or not, just go and watch it for the special effects (try the 3D version, you will be blown away)

Were the special effects really enough to carry the film? I mean if the story is not very good I get quickly bored of masses of special effects. Would you still say it's worth going to? I got burned on 2012 which I thought was the worse film I have seen in the last five years.

Chetan0304

Chairman of Selectors
Were the special effects really enough to carry the film? I mean if the story is not very good I get quickly bored of masses of special effects. Would you still say it's worth going to? I got burned on 2012 which I thought was the worse film I have seen in the last five years.

Have you seen the movie the Little Rascals?

Chetan0304

Chairman of Selectors
No. Was it bad????

little_rascals_ver2.jpg

:rtfl

P

pcfan123

Just saw this movie, nothing special, just another typical oversaturation of CGI with a weak plot and predictable outcome.

Was entertaining for a bit but towards the end I just wanted out of the theater. If this is the future of cinema then thanks but no thanks

jkartik

Chairman of Selectors
Lol. Still looks better than 2012 though!!!!

2012 is literally like a VFX companies showreel. :p

on a more serious note, Avatar doesnt have a "Revolutionary" storyline
but its entertaining, engrossing and technically the best movie till date.

for me, the only requirement while watching a movie is i should be entertained.
i'd take an avatar ANYDAY over a snoozefest like Citizen Kane.

McLOVIN

Chairman of Selectors

$13? thats cheap dude. compare to what we pay in the US. and thespecial effects have to be good. they've been working on it for last 15 years. they had to wait for the technology to grow. like i said before there is no story, NO STORY whats so ever. its like a Bollywood movie with 500 mill. dollar effects on the dance scenes.

oh and if you dont know this, the whole movie was created on stage. not exactly green screen. and not animated either. all acted out with those dotted custom on (forgot whats it called, lot of other movies used it before, but not for the whole thing)

Users who are viewing this thread