Avatar: The Movie {From the Director of Titanic}

Chetan0304

Chairman of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
Hmarka have you ever thought to take a job of a critic ? or a clown maybe? ;)

SaiSrini

Respected Legend
CSK
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Were the special effects really enough to carry the film? I mean if the story is not very good I get quickly bored of masses of special effects. Would you still say it's worth going to? I got burned on 2012 which I thought was the worse film I have seen in the last five years.

Its my opinion, but I really think that the special effects alone is worth more than the price of the ticket that you pay for. Its just awesome. Dont know about you, but I have not seen anything like this before and was just astounded.

SaiSrini added 2 Minutes and 38 Seconds later...

$13? thats cheap dude. compare to what we pay in the US. and thespecial effects have to be good. they've been working on it for last 15 years. they had to wait for the technology to grow. like i said before there is no story, NO STORY whats so ever. its like a Bollywood movie with 500 mill. dollar effects on the dance scenes.

oh and if you dont know this, the whole movie was created on stage. not exactly green screen. and not animated either. all acted out with those dotted custom on (forgot whats it called, lot of other movies used it before, but not for the whole thing)

We pay in the US? I am also living in the US right now (I am currently in Cincinnati, Ohio) and I watched it here for $13. Isnt most of the movie tickets here in the US like within the $10 range (even for the big movies)? Sorry, I am not that knowledgeable about ticket rates here.

blake

School Cricketer
good the feeling is mutual then, not surprised the concept of good cinema is lost to someone who watches Bollywood

I kinda feel sorry for the people who had to sit next to Jkartik in the cinema, after Jkartik said he never wears deodorant.. now that would suck. :laugh

D

Dutch

Its my opinion, but I really think that the special effects alone is worth more than the price of the ticket that you pay for. Its just awesome. Dont know about you, but I have not seen anything like this before and was just astounded.

I might take your word for it and give it a go!!:)

Pranav

ICC Board Member
I saw the movie yesterday and I'd give it 3.5/5.

The story is pretty average tbh, and is predictable as well.

I'd give it a much lower rating if it wasn't 3d.

McLOVIN

Chairman of Selectors
We pay in the US? I am also living in the US right now (I am currently in Cincinnati, Ohio) and I watched it here for $13. Isnt most of the movie tickets here in the US like within the $10 range (even for the big movies)? Sorry, I am not that knowledgeable about ticket rates here.

oh shot, didnt see your location thingi :p. i thought you payed $13 in India. but yes, around 10 bucks. IMAX are a bit more.

MacLovin added 1 Minutes and 34 Seconds later...

I saw the movie yesterday and I'd give it 3.5/5.

The story is pretty average tbh, and is predictable as well.

I'd give it a much lower rating if it wasn't 3d.

thank you very much. i could tell whats the story gonna be like from the trailer they shows on TV, every 24/7

King Cricket

International Coach
Hmm..the initial reviews poured praises on the film, but the picture is slowly changing with the increasing number of reviews. Now that's interesting! I myself haven't watched it yet, and am going this Sunday. Let's see whether the film can impress me.

aussie1st

Retired Administrator
The story is your usual love/David vs Goliath story. But I went there more for the 3D and I wasn't disappointed on that aspect.

smssia0112

Chairman of Selectors
I saw it tonight, my friends loved it but I saw past the visually stunning 3D graphics, and at its heart it was a pretty stupid film. The story was as clich?d as they come really, there were times where I almost laughed out loud at how ridiculous it was.

I'd give it 3 stars, it was good but definitely not great. Coming from a director like James Cameron, I was pretty disappointed - the storyline was very weak, and the directing was the opposite of revolutionary. The way in which all characters acted was, as I said, extremely cliched. It felt like an old-time war movie, only set in the future. I kept expecting Schwarzenegger and Weathers to burst out with a machine gun and hunt some aliens.

deepuparayil

International Cricketer
I actually loved the movie very much, a great entertainer.Already saw it twice and may try it one more time for the 3D experience.For the story part,it is pretty decent.It's a simple story directed beautifully by J.C.

For someone saying story is cliched, Cameron is not famous for his story telling.The movie environment and the message of the movie are the heroes here .It's truly is an unique experience.

My only problem with movie are the villains, their characters are not developed well.But Cameron's villains are always like that.

I'll give it a 9/10.:)

smssia0112

Chairman of Selectors
I must say that I thought the directing was pretty weak actually. The environments were all visually stunning, but I actually think it was Cameron's influence, not just in the writing, but in the camera angles and the performances, were uninspiring and obvious.

aussie1st

Retired Administrator
I'd give it 3 stars, it was good but definitely not great. Coming from a director like James Cameron, I was pretty disappointed - the storyline was very weak, and the directing was the opposite of revolutionary. The way in which all characters acted was, as I said, extremely cliched. It felt like an old-time war movie, only set in the future. I kept expecting Schwarzenegger and Weathers to burst out with a machine gun and hunt some aliens.

I kinda of got that feel but more Braveheart when Jake was pumping up the avatars.

Users who are viewing this thread