Bare additional minimum features you expect from Ashes Cricket over DBC17

TemPSaad

Associate Captain
Here goes mine
1)Multiple batting and bowling animations with tailender bats like tailender (Kinda like confirmed)
2)DBC17 career mode plus stat bug fixes and dynamic lineups which actually works
3)Manager mode with contracts , training and player chemistry
4)New commentary team (already confirmed)

I will be happy with these set and any additional feature will be a cake.

D

Deleted member 46200

Here goes mine
1)Multiple batting and bowling animations with tailender bats like tailender (Kinda like confirmed)
2)DBC17 career mode plus stat bug fixes and dynamic lineups which actually works

Not unreasonable and looking realistic... I'll back you on this looks good too.

Little Timmy

Little Timmy
Profile Flag
England
Here goes mine

The thought of batting averages not calculating correctly and players walking out to stats saying 0 innings 5001 runs is keeping me awake at night!

D

Dutch

The thought of batting averages not calculating correctly and players walking out to stats saying 0 innings 5001 runs is keeping me awake at night!
yep that's definitely not allowed to happen this time round.....

Little Timmy

Little Timmy
Profile Flag
England
Statistics correct

Teams in a league being the teams that I actually selected

I claim more wickets that are dismissals other than caught (Don’t think that’s just me)

AI not defending the last ball of a limited overs match when the scores are tied

When captain in career, starting XI saves, you don’t have to change it every game

Can select created player for career mode at the VERY beginning. Don’t have to enter name etc first

Better on the boundary fielding including not throwing ball over rope when celebrating a catch!

Relegation and promotion option when customising a league - probably a stretch for a bare minimum requirement but you never know

If we have to slug it out on the T20 club scene for years again, at least a few more catches being held off my bowling!

Last edited:

Master Khan

National Board President
PAK...
Profile Flag
Pakistan
Career mode more fun and stats fix.
Better and Realistic broadcast camera angle.
Better commentary.
More bowling and batting action.

Even with all that I will be happy for now

cricket_online

ICC Board Member
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
The following items would make me happy... I know it's too late in the day to make changes to Ashes Cricket but this would be my wishlist.

1. Genuine 360 degree batting. So far both DBC 14 & 17 have fallen short in this respect as the ball only goes to a few select areas/arc. While batting you should be able to place the ball anywhere from Fine 3rd Man to Long Leg.
2. Wkt keeper who's not super-human making hitting shots behind square (cuts, late cuts) against spinners well nigh impossible.
3. Accurate Stats across all modes, including Career mode.
4. Improved field sets and ability to set and save fields.
5. Enhanced AI.
6. Match state stored while saving the game. In DBc 14 & 17 the match stats such as wagon wheel reset after the resume and if I resumed my innings on 114 after a save, the runs scored before the resume wouldn't show up anywhere. I guess that's why the pitch looks a new one after a save coz some of the match state is not stored. For a sport like cricket (especially Tests and odis), where saving a match is the only possible way to play, it's imperative all aspects of a match and stats are stored and brought back after match is resumed.
7. Stable online mode. DBC 17 regressed a lot from DBC 14 in that regard.
8. DRS/BARS which is usable for anything other than LBW.
9. Making it easier to hammer away slow half trackers. Both in DBc 14 & 17 it was difficult to do much with a short slow delivery from medium pacers and spinners. The timing window to pull away such dollies should be increased and these deliveries should be easy to put away. It was frustrating to face a long hop from spinner or medium pacer and not be able to do anything.
10. Add a "glide/dab the ball to 3rd man for a single" shot which is a staple in shorter formats but is somehow missing in DBC series.
11. Reduce the difference between the fastest and slowest delivery a bowler can bowl. In a video game, there's no way to react and change your shot at the last moment so the viable option is to make the change in pace realistic within constraints of the game.

mani82ua

Little Timmy
Profile Flag
Pakistan
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
1- More competitive AI according tor difficulty level
2- Better and more AI dismissals instead of most of time catch outs
3- Weather and pitch variation actually effect the game
4- Option of giving 30-35 Overs for ODI in career mode so one can play the game instead simulate if playing as TEAM
5- Variation of tours like long or short based on reality in career mode
6- Stats tracking like DBC14
7- Dynamic fielding or running camera like EA07
8- Away/Home Crowd noise actually impact sound
9- Bugs need to be removed like overthrows, correct stats, keeper diving, object not recognized, batsmen passing through stumps very frequently, run out and cancel run, R2 button fix.

If they able to fix or add above tweaks, then game would be really value for money.

Late-Cut

Club Captain
Profile Flag
Bangladesh
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Let me think.....!

1- Fixing all the major issues with DBC17 and Realistic AI.
2- Idem.
3- Idem.
4- Idem.
5- Idem.
6- Idem.
7- Idem.
8- Idem.
9- Pizza and Guinness or Moretti. :cheers
10- Ashes Cricket being what DBC17 failed, The best cricket game ever.

gunit123

County Cricketer
Better Online Play to try and Mirror the Offline Game.

I am really hoping, with all the extra demand/interest this game will get from prospective buyers of the game (based on excellent PR so far), that we don't see the same issues in the online mode as we saw in DBC17 as I fear a backlash. I'm not going to repeat the importance of a solid online mode in current-gen gaming (particularly sport) as I have confidence that the issues have been acknowledged.

kulch

Club Captain
Deeper career mode. Proper 2 day matches less T20 slogs at club level. Xp that is earned not given.
Requesting stat's that work is like asking for a game that doesn't freeze. I can't believe we have to do this. But yeah... Stat's that work
Weather. Dynamic if possible

Last edited:

Ahmad94

Staff Member
PAK...
KK
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Isn't it more than likely that the game has long been completed and is now in the "manufacturing" phase. Surely, that makes this thread a redundant topic with sometimes ridiculously over-ambitious ideas due to games like Fifa.

Would it not be better to just wait the next month for the game to release, have a play of the game and then propose changes and criticisms for a future patch or the next edition?

blockerdave

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England
Isn't it more than likely that the game has long been completed and is now in the "manufacturing" phase. Surely, that makes this thread a redundant topic with sometimes ridiculously over-ambitious ideas due to games like Fifa.

Would it not be better to just wait the next month for the game to release, have a play of the game and then propose changes and criticisms for a future patch or the next edition?

yeah. day one patches don't exist. you stop coding as soon as the disks go the printers. disks are printed, right?

Users who are viewing this thread