Bare additional minimum features you expect from Ashes Cricket over DBC17

Ahmad94

Staff Member
PAK...
KK
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
yeah. day one patches don't exist. you stop coding as soon as the disks go the printers. disks are printed, right?

My point was simply that BA has probably completed the game entirely at this point and any serious changes (patches/updates) will most likely come after a couple of weeks after release when the general public play and notice areas for changes or improvement.

Most likely now the developers may be putting more focus on working to produce Rugby League 4 (or anyother game they make) and taking a little break from Ashes 17.

blockerdave

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England
My point was simply that BA has probably completed the game entirely at this point and any serious changes (patches/updates) will most likely come after a couple of weeks after release when the general public play and notice areas for changes or improvement.

Most likely now the developers may be putting more focus on working to produce Rugby League 4 and taking a little break from Ashes 17.

And my point was simply you are wrong.

Gamer Pradosh

Survival Games Champion
India
CSK
Survival Games Champion
Profile Flag
India
List of expectations:

-Balanced gameplay like everybody wants.. AI attack, defend, go berserk etc..

-Expecting a very realistic test experience since its Ashes [And that one reason would be enough for me to get this game also the pricing on steam]

-Better Online experience.

-Hope this game brings an end to those balls which goes through the bat and graphically would like the ball to go to a region based on the graphical representation [So physics and graphics gotta work together]...I saw the bat edges also have that bulb like thing for mo-cap in that Maxi's video..Really want that to come to an end.. Maybe 95-97%

-Fielding animations and the gameplay part of it..

Other than that many stuff which were done right in 14 and 17 to carry on to this along with the above..

subhratanu1994

School Cricketer
More number of animations/ cutscenes has to be included. So far in DBC 17 every batsman celebrates both 50 and 100 in the same way. And oh, don't forget, batsman NEVER opens his helmet after scoring a century or even after winning a match. Every bowler celebrates in the exact same way after taking wickets. This is a premium priced game realising in 2017. So this is the minimum we can expect. Also, cutscenes in between balls for example batsmen/ fielders talking with each other or after missing a catch run out chance players should show frustration.
In DBC 14/17 we saw that after a match has been won whether by hitting a last ball 4 or winning the game with ample number of overs left, batsmen celebrate the same way by shaking hands everytime :facepalm. Instead there should be at least4-5 different cutscenes for different situations. Same applies if the bowling team wins. I don't even know why this needs to be mentioned to the developers realising a "next-gen" game. I clearly remember before realese of DBC 14 , bigant said that there'll be some "special" cutscenes for "special" scenarios but I never found those "special" moments.
Also the quality of the game can improved by adding 2-3 different animations of appealing , showing highlights in mid overs , players taking drinks break etc.

I know many of you'll tell that whatever I mentioned here are unnecessary,not important and so on. But I pretty sure inclusion of more and more new animations will make the game much better and also it will feel fresh everytime we play it. Also fixing of bugs, improvement AI etc are required and I am not mentioning them since other users have already done it.:thumbs

Culmernation

Associate Cricketer
Animation for Drinks break! Really?
In that case they should add TVC Ad cutscene as well.

This is actually not a bad shout. Drinks often brings a wicket so imagine if a drinks break would bring your confidence back down a bit so you'll have to play your way back in

gkvarma18

Associate Cricketer
Profile Flag
India
Showing highlights of boundaries and wickets after the innings like in PES titles and player as a Batsman should have option in wearing helmet or hat or cap .These are nice additions i guess.

Gamer Pradosh

Survival Games Champion
India
CSK
Survival Games Champion
Profile Flag
India
This is actually not a bad shout. Drinks often brings a wicket so imagine if a drinks break would bring your confidence back down a bit so you'll have to play your way back in
Instead of wasting time animating drinks break I would say hey could just show Drinks Break on screen with a blurred background and then show the highlights till that point of the match... Boundaries , wickets, chances dropped etc...

Muhammad shafiq

Associate Cricketer
Profile Flag
Pakistan
stop asking for things game iz already done .. they are testing things .. useless for asking such things .. ;)

Little Timmy

Little Timmy
Profile Flag
England
More number of animations/ cutscenes has to be included. So far in DBC 17 every batsman celebrates both 50 and 100 in the same way. And oh, don't forget, batsman NEVER opens his helmet after scoring a century or even after winning a match. Every bowler celebrates in the exact same way after taking wickets. This is a premium priced game realising in 2017. So this is the minimum we can expect. Also, cutscenes in between balls for example batsmen/ fielders talking with each other or after missing a catch run out chance players should show frustration.
In DBC 14/17 we saw that after a match has been won whether by hitting a last ball 4 or winning the game with ample number of overs left, batsmen celebrate the same way by shaking hands everytime :facepalm. Instead there should be at least4-5 different cutscenes for different situations. Same applies if the bowling team wins. I don't even know why this needs to be mentioned to the developers realising a "next-gen" game. I clearly remember before realese of DBC 14 , bigant said that there'll be some "special" cutscenes for "special" scenarios but I never found those "special" moments.
Also the quality of the game can improved by adding 2-3 different animations of appealing , showing highlights in mid overs , players taking drinks break etc.

I know many of you'll tell that whatever I mentioned here are unnecessary,not important and so on. But I pretty sure inclusion of more and more new animations will make the game much better and also it will feel fresh everytime we play it. Also fixing of bugs, improvement AI etc are required and I am not mentioning them since other users have already done it.:thumbs

You’re spot on with what you’re saying. The fine details and theatre, the variety, are what can take the game away from being repetitive and boring. Somebody in this thread said “we shouldn’t be over ambitious”. Why not?

subhratanu1994

School Cricketer
I hope you are very happy with DBC 17. good for you. If that is the case you shouldn't even be here on this forum which is for what should be added to make it a better game.

subhratanu1994

School Cricketer
And if you ever get time(I am assuming since you like DBC 17 so much that you play it all day) play the latest versions of Fifa. You'll see that these small things make the game better.

Users who are viewing this thread