Best Cricket Shots of the Decade | [2000-2009] |

Cricketman

ICC Chairman
Guys i've had to delete a TON of posts. Please stay on topic, i'd hate to have to bring out the infractions :\

BKB1991

Panel of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
I saw the sweep-cut shot my Manoj Tiwari in a domestic league. Might not be the shot of a generation, but certainly a good shot. Indians fans might have seen it

rahuldravidfan

International Cricketer
Yes. Manoj Tiwary is a highly talented and aggressive batsman. Can someone post the pic of this hit, for the benefit of others?

drainpipe32

Chairman of Selectors
phil_hughes_narrowweb__300x424,0.jpg

One of his few leg side shots :laugh

rahuldravidfan

International Cricketer
Aren't there any more shots we can be debating about apart from the Dillscoop, the McScoop, the Marillier shot and the Ashrafool shot? :(

It's god in disguise ;)

Sorry. God doesn't play for Australia. He plays for India :laugh

rahuldravidfan added 9 Minutes and 20 Seconds later...

Post no.100 :D

Last edited:

AngryPixel

Chairman of Selectors
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Watch the IPL highlights of his 158*. He plays one exactly like what you people call the Dilshan one right over himself. The second one is like this. The first one is indeed more over fine leg.

McCullum played it before Dilshan and I think even before McCullum other players had done it a little. Calling it the Dilscoop because Dilshan "invented it" like most people think is bollocks. He copied other players.

In saying all this, he does use it more than anyone else does and seems to practice it more. So i'll give him that.

correct.

Moreover it should be called just a scoop shot. Dilshan didnt invented this shot yet he got it named dilscoop just because he played it frequently while KP invented Switch hit but didnt get it named KP HIT or KEvin hit. :P
That is unfair;)

AngryPixel added 2 Minutes and 51 Seconds later...

On topic: I miss tailenders of 90's :P
Macgrath,ambrose,donald,murali stc. It was so much fun to see them bat......

OOps i forgot the legendary tailender, Jason-doublehundred-gillespie :rtfl:rtfl:rtfl

Users who are viewing this thread