Best Difficulty level for Realistic Play.

DarrenBravo

School Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
Play on hard, bowl in the good areas and try not to be too predictable.

Always good to have a deep cover too.

Australia in the test I'm playing are 249/2 after 65 overs. The run rate is 3.8 which is pretty realistic IMO.

Hard to stop batsman slogging spin though :noway

nimish_sach

Club Cricketer
Ok you need to try and bowling on one side of the wicket, Set deep cover, Deep Mid Off, Extra cover and deep point. Put the rest close to bat or in slips or wherever you desire. Now just bowl one side of the wicket. They won't loose wickets and they won't go mental unless you bowl crap. They will take occasional singles and edges and other things will happen.

Also always bowl first! This will mean they won't go mental if you have scored over 500 runs or a massive score.

cooks1st100

Panel of Selectors
Been lucky enough that work has been rained off today so i"ve had a few hours to play around with a few ideas. There appear to be 3 main yellow areas, where the reticule starts, just a fraction short of a length outside off and short. I use these for stock deliveries. Then for other parts of the wicket i look for slight colour changes always looking to aim where it gets lighter.Now in these areas it appears that you have to be spot on with the bowling meter.
So in an over i look to bowl 3 to 5 stock deliveries. I always select straight ball first as this seems to give you the best idea as to where the good areas are then change it to the ball i wish to bowl.
As soon as i get hit for a boundaries its back to stock balls the idea being to starve the batsman of runs which seems to lead to errors and also to keep yr bowlers confidence up. This has been a long painful learning curve for me bowled 120 overs yesterday for 830 runs and was ready to bowl the game out of the window!!!
Hope this helps and people understand what im trying to explain.BTW this is for seam bowling can't do anything with spinners apart from getting spanked and the odd stumping.

diaskasun

Club Cricketer
well i am playing ashes test on hard and last night had a good game me(england won the toss and batted. we where 164-3 in 73 overs when i had to call it a day. KP is on 70.... hmmm so far so good

D

Dutch

I am having the best results when I move the pointer around after initiating the run-up and then bringing the pointer in towards just outside off stump and then changing the delivery (not all the time, varying it). That way I get quite a few catch chances and a couple of play-ons and the runrate is reasonably paced. Spinners at the top order is a nightmare and even so-called good balls get hammered but even here the moving around of the marker before the final position is useful. It doesn't help when the bowling stamina falls away so quickly and doesn't appear to come back. This in the demo by the way. Is this still the same in the "real" version?

cooks1st100

Panel of Selectors
I'm finding that if yr bowler is really confident you can get 7 to 8 overs out of him in a spell and this was in 30 degree heat, if theyre timid then its 4 to 5. Ive now stopped moving the reticule last second, just relying on placement and good to perfect delivery and this method seems to be working fine. This is on hard btw anything else and your just a pretender;)

kamy100

Associate Captain
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
I have come to the conclusion that it is nigh on impossible to have a realistic test match on this game, mainly because when the AI decides it is going to go into Slog mode there is very little that you can do about it, for example, I was playing Aussies in a really good test match, I made 450 odd and they were 250 for 2, then the AI decided that it was time to slog out, no matter where I bowled they slogged, they were all out for just over 300.

This really needs to be sorted as it is ruining the game, also pretty much saving after every over because of the ridiculous amount of run outs.

I2icho

School Cricketer
i have got the run rate down to 2.96 bowling only when the indicator is light green as light as it can get, then only delivering the ball in the light green bowling meter, have gotten england out cheaply on every occasion doing this, so i usually simulate one bowling innings so they get a decent score.

clayton1001

School Cricketer
hard i find best.......ive found by changing my fields to where i am going to bowl is a good way to keep the run rate down. E.G more fielders on the off side if you are bowling that side

The_gas

Chairman of Selectors
Hows this for realistic? Hard, me (Eng) vs cpu (Aus), using a custom field. Working very well.

If you bowl in the great/good area's, sometimes even average the cpu will block/leave/mistime/hit straight to fielder.

Can't remember what the run rate is, but its low, maybe 2.5 per over.

Occasionally, you bowl a bad ball, it will get dispatched or the cpu will pick up 1/2 runs.

I have dropped one chance, im not sure which is the catch button on the 360 pad, i thought it was y but i think its x. Only 1 chance, and that went to the slips, also been close on lbw a couple of times.

Think im getting the hang of this.

Downside? I have had 4 run outs, but saving after every over (takes 5 seconds) means i just reload the save.

I also picked am extra batter (Symonds) for the convicts.

I've attached screen shots of the field setting you will need.

If you don't hit the execution meter in the yellow, or at least very close to it, then you will go for more runs.

Field is using 2/4/6 position slips.

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    291.1 KB · Views: 111
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    249.8 KB · Views: 74
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    236.9 KB · Views: 65

MasterBlaster76

ICC Chairman
Hows this for realistic? Hard, me (Eng) vs cpu (Aus), using a custom field. Working very well.

If you bowl in the great/good area's, sometimes even average the cpu will block/leave/mistime/hit straight to fielder.

Can't remember what the run rate is, but its low, maybe 2.5 per over.

Occasionally, you bowl a bad ball, it will get dispatched or the cpu will pick up 1/2 runs.

I have dropped one chance, im not sure which is the catch button on the 360 pad, i thought it was y but i think its x. Only 1 chance, and that went to the slips, also been close on lbw a couple of times.

Think im getting the hang of this.

Downside? I have had 4 run outs, but saving after every over (takes 5 seconds) means i just reload the save.

I also picked am extra batter (Symonds) for the convicts.

I've attached screen shots of the field setting you will need.

If you don't hit the execution meter in the yellow, or at least very close to it, then you will go for more runs.

Field is using 2/4/6 position slips.

Have you tried boosting your fielder's skills, Gas? Ulukai mentioned that and it seems to have drastically cut down on his runouts. By the way, in the demo at least, the catch button is 'A' on the 360 pad. :)

The_gas

Chairman of Selectors
Thanks guys, your right i went and did some catching drills before resuming from that screen shot. Just as well, although i am keeping the scoring down chances are hard to come by.

No master i have not tried that, I'm already half way through the ashes, is that even possible? To be honest i don't mind saving every over and reloading if i can keep this level of realism up.

Langeveldt

Panel of Selectors
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
  4. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
Yes but have you brought a spinner on yet? Thats when it all starts going wrong

Users who are viewing this thread