Best Express Pace Bowler

sd92

International Coach
Online Cricket Games Owned
I would pick Lee, his pace has been awesome over the years. Hes a deadly bowler.

Last edited by a moderator:

Simbazz

Chairman of Selectors
Just a few years in the future, Chris Tremlett will, hopefully, be one of the best quicker bowlers, along with Broad (Broad seems, and is, a little slower, but still quick.)

Pak_cricketer

Chairman of Selectors
Off the top of my head, the quickies of the past were Holding, and the WI trio. I heard a lot about them, and saw them bowl as well. They were pretty quick and dominated others at the time.

Waqar Younis was another. Surprised that his name wasn't mentioned here. He touched the 90's.

Mohammad Zahid was reportedly faster than Akthar. He took 11 wickets in his debut match. Too bad his injury ruled him out.

Presently, Bond leads for me, trailing him is Lee, and then Sami :p

sd92

International Coach
At the moment Tremlett doesnt you his high to as much of an advantage as he should. At that height he should constantly have the batman jumping and being totally uncomfortable with him, but at the moment this is not the case

Almost_Austwick

International Captain
Sami was really quick, watched him shatter some poor guy's hand whilst playing club cricket.

Simbazz

Chairman of Selectors
Asif is a commited cheater, better than Akhtar.

Simon, Tremlett is still largely inexperienced at international level, go watch a few clips from county, and you'll find him more comfortable, and his hight causes many problems as you'd expect.

evertonfan

Chairman of Selectors
Sami was really quick, watched him shatter some poor guy's hand whilst playing club cricket.

Wouldn't have been your hand would it? ;)

Sami used to be good. Then he must have caught the Anderson/Harmison syndrome.

Asif is a commited cheater, better than Akhtar

Asif is the very definition of arrogance. He needs a kick up the arse.

Last edited:

Will_NA

Chairman of Selectors
wikipedia said:
Sami is one of the world's quickest bowlers, capable of delivering the ball in excess of 150 km/h. He has been recorded at speeds of 157 km/h, making him after Brett Lee and Shaun Tait of Australia and team mate Shoaib Akhtar the world's quickest bowler. Despite speed and boyish good looks and being able to swing the ball successfully, Sami has disappointed. He has not displayed the control of line and length, and the consistency needed to be successful at the highest level.
What? :p

evertonfan

Chairman of Selectors
Boyish good looks? He's hardly going to have girlish good looks now is he?!

The quickest bowler i've seen in the flesh is Fredward. The Dom, then Glen, then Tom!

Simbazz

Chairman of Selectors
At Matts comment about arrogance, over arrogance is bad, and Sami is definatly over, but dont all cricketers and sports people need an essence of arrogance to thier own skills?

I mean, im so arrogant you wouldnt believe, or maybe you do i dunno, but its because i back my ability, i think its a good trait to have, i think people like Harmison dont have enough in them which tends to make them a bit prone to break down, before Anderson shot back, he lacked a bit, but now, hes up in your face and makes sure the batsmen knows hes going to have a rough time, which pours confidence into a pack.

Will_NA

Chairman of Selectors
Boyish good looks? He's hardly going to have girlish good looks now is he?!

The quickest bowler i've seen in the flesh is Fredward. The Dom, then Glen, then Tom!

I mean, what the hell does that have to do with his bowling? :p

evertonfan

Chairman of Selectors
They don't need arrogance they need confidence. Arrogance is the hallmark of a lot of failed sportsmen.

I mean, what the hell does that have to do with his bowling? :p

If you're good looking the batsmen will be too busy concentrating on your face now won't they? I speak from experience, I once had a very lovely girl bowling at me.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread