best team

A

ashwinkm

Gotta agree with Ricky 123- Mcgrath does have a better record in tests - and most importantly he is still playing , so will definitely end up with more test wickets than akram. Dont think anyone is going to come near the 501 in one days soon though!!!

I admire Akram more though - he is my favourite bowler- the guy can do anything with the ball !!

P

pal

In ODIs, Wasim Akram is second only to God.( in terms of wickets )

N

Nirav85

stats tell half the story...wasim can do much more than mcgrsth..akrma is the king of swing

S

squiz

Originally posted by ashwinkm@Jan 30 2004, 06:26 AM
One day team:
Sachin Tendulkar
Adam Gilchrist
Ricky Ponting?
Brian Lara
Rahul Dravid
Michael Bevan
Chris Cairns
Glen Mcgrath
Wasim Akram(Well he just retired)
Shane Warne
Muralitharan

Test team:

Hayden
Vaughn
Dravid
Tendulkar
Laxman
Lara
Gilchrist
Warne
Mcgrath? (Of course the great Wasim were he still playing)
Murali
Pollock

All time

Gavaskar
Bradman
Tendulkar
Richards
Lara
Sobers
Gilchrist( simply the best wicket keeper batsman ever in my opinion)
Lillee
Mcgrath
Marshall
Warne
I agree to all your sides, except for the ODI side. I reckon you should ditch Bevan from it. I know people will say he is one of the greatest ODI players, but i don't really like him for sum reason. I dunno who his replacement could be though -_-

A

ashwinkm

If I didnt have Bevan , I would take yuvraj Singh- another awesome batsman in the lower order- just doesnt have as much experience as bevan. Again this is among people who are playing currently- there are quite a few batsmen like anwar,de silva that i left out

O

optimist

What is all this talk of Michael Vaughan being crap. He has had an off year, everyone has one. And even then he hit that wonderful 150 odd against South Africa, and shall I mention the 100 in Sri Lanka, and don't forget he now has the captaincy to worry about and a very young bowling attack.

Z

zaf1986

Ditch Bevan?

The Guy holds the record for the most N.O.s in ODIs: 66!

The second highest is Lance Klusener who has 47

vaughn didnt have one bad year ..he had one great year and thats it.

andrew_nixon

Chairman of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
Vaughan's record as England Captain

Tests: Played 9, Won 4, Drawn 2, Lost 3
ODIs: Played 13, Won 9, Lost 4

Are you seriously suggesting that is the record of a poor captain?

N

Nirav85

well take his away record...because sri lanka was the true test and he got dominated all the way...4 of those tests were at home, and 2 were against ban...but a win is a win

but still vaughn has to prove himself more as he has been up to the test once and well we saw what the lankans did, i think the windies may be a good test of his ability...then again windies have a weaker bowling attack then zimbawawe

S

squiz

Originally posted by andrew_nixon79@Feb 5 2004, 05:50 AM
Vaughan's record as England Captain

Tests: Played 9, Won 4, Drawn 2, Lost 3
ODIs: Played 13, Won 9, Lost 4

Are you seriously suggesting that is the record of a poor captain?
That's pretty damned good if you ask me B)

Users who are viewing this thread