Team of the Decade

ballers101

Club Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
Okay I will say one thing about Dravid he is not as good as Ponting or Kallis. However, he deserves a spot on this roster.

Now if you look at Tendulkar. If you think he is more consistint than Yousuf there is no truth to that matter. Tendulkar has scored less than 450 runs in 4 out of those 10 years. Now in this whole Decade Tendulkar has faced every single team so just because Yousuf scored against the weak teams and you pointed it out doesn't mean Yousuf is cannot score against good teams. He has scored against good teams. Actually, Tendulkar has also scored against those 3 weak teams but that does not mean he is a weak player.

What I am trying to prove is that just because Yousuf and Tendulkar both score against a weak team does not mean anything. Tendulkar has actually scored more against West Indies, Zimbabwe and Bangledesh than he has against Australia. Showing how your whole Yousuf scoring against weak teams means nothing what so ever.

Like I said before Tendulkar scored 450 RUNS IN 4 OUT OF THE 10 YEARS!!!! That is 1312 runs in 4 years of cricket. Yousuf scored 1788 runs in one year. There is no way you can justify how Tendulkar is consistint if he scores so little amount of runs for the amount of matches he has played in the past decade.

Dare

Chairman of Selectors
I don't know what you are looking at but these are the number of runs Tendlukar has scored over the last 10 years by year.

2000: 575 (10 innings)
2001: 1003 (18 innings)
2002: 1392 (26 innings)
2003: 153 (9 innings)
2004: 915 (15 innings)
2005: 444 (10 innings)
2006: 267 (12 innings)
2007: 776 (16 innings)
2008: 1063 (25 innings)
2009: 541 (9 innings)

Mohammad Yousuf:

2000: 839 (18 innings)
2001: 499 (10 innings)
2002: 864 (14 innings)
2003: 359 (9 innings)
2004: 539 (13 innings)
2005: 617 (12 innings)
2006: 1788 (19 innings)
2007: 368 (12 innings)
2009: 566 (14 innings)

Now if we go by your logic of saying anyone not scoring less then 450 runs hasn't been consistent then Yousuf falls in that category, 3 times he has scored less then 450 runs.

Dare added 11 Minutes and 28 Seconds later...

What I am trying to prove is that just because Yousuf and Tendulkar both score against a weak team does not mean anything. Tendulkar has actually scored more against West Indies, Zimbabwe and Bangledesh than he has against Australia. Showing how your whole Yousuf scoring against weak teams means nothing what so ever.

Tendlukar scored and played against Ambrose, Walsh and Bishop.
To his credit Yousuf has scored 2 centuries in matches where Ambrose and Walsh have played. The rest came against weak WI attacks.

ballers101

Club Cricketer
Sorry about the stats on that one I was looking at ODIs. Now going back to your stats. Yousuf has scored 6439 in 121 innings of work. Which is approximately an average of 53 runs per innings. Tendulkar has scored 7129 in 150 innings which is an average of approximately 47 runs per innings. Now both are very respectable however, Yousuf is the clear favourite.

Yes, Yousuf has scored against West Indies but he has also scored IN the West Indies and any person can argue that the pitches in West Indies are not flat whatsoever. Therefore, this shows how scoring in West Indies is no easy tasks. At the same time Pakistan has only faced West Indies twice in the past decade so really the runs that Yousuf score should not affect the amount of runs he gets in the decade by substantial numbers.

I'm going straight from your stats and by looking at that Yousuf has better numbers you just need to accept and move on. Yes in his career Tendulkar has made a larger impact on Indian Cricket. But based on only his batting ability Yousuf has been the better batsmen in the past decade. I used the stats you gave me and I came to that conclusion.

Dare

Chairman of Selectors
Sorry about the stats on that one I was looking at ODIs. Now going back to your stats. Yousuf has scored 6439 in 121 innings of work. Which is approximately an average of 53 runs per innings. Tendulkar has scored 7129 in 150 innings which is an average of approximately 47 runs per innings. Now both are very respectable however, Yousuf is the clear favourite.

Not clear at all really, if it was that clear everyone would be including Yousuf. Now its expected of the Indian fans to throw him in there but almost everyone else is including him because he has performed over the last decade.

Yes, Yousuf has scored against West Indies but he has also scored IN the West Indies and any person can argue that the pitches in West Indies are not flat whatsoever. Therefore, this shows how scoring in West Indies is no easy tasks. At the same time Pakistan has only faced West Indies twice in the past decade so really the runs that Yousuf score should not affect the amount of runs he gets in the decade by substantial numbers.

West Indies pitches have been some of the flattest in the world in the last 15 years or so. People think that the WI pitches were minefields just because the 1st thing that comes to their mind is Ambrose & Walsh and the previous greats. During the 70s and 80s they weren't easy to bat on but now they are flat.
Also once again you are wrong, Pakistan faced the West Indies 8 times in the past decade and in only 2 of those tests did Curtly and Courtney play.

I'm going straight from your stats and by looking at that Yousuf has better numbers you just need to accept and move on. Yes in his career Tendulkar has made a larger impact on Indian Cricket. But based on only his batting ability Yousuf has been the better batsmen in the past decade. I used the stats you gave me and I came to that conclusion.

All my stats are doing are proving your claims wrong. Thats the only reason I am posting them.

LOL spoken like a true Pakistan fan, "Tendulkar has made large impact in Indian Cricket"? Tendulkar has made a large impact on World Cricket. He is by far the best ODI batsman ever and one of the top Test batsman ever.

Also I don't have to accept anything that's wrong, so if you want to move on you can.

ballers101

Club Cricketer
Not clear at all really, if it was that clear everyone would be including Yousuf. Now its expected of the Indian fans to throw him in there but almost everyone else is including him because he has performed over the last decade.

West Indies pitches have been some of the flattest in the world in the last 15 years or so. People think that the WI pitches were minefields just because the 1st thing that comes to their mind is Ambrose & Walsh and the previous greats. During the 70s and 80s they weren't easy to bat on but now they are flat.
Also once again you are wrong, Pakistan faced the West Indies 8 times in the past decade and in only 2 of those tests did Curtly and Courtney play.

All my stats are doing are proving your claims wrong. Thats the only reason I am posting them.

LOL spoken like a true Pakistan fan, "Tendulkar has made large impact in Indian Cricket"? Tendulkar has made a large impact on World Cricket. He is by far the best ODI batsman ever and one of the top Test batsman ever.

Also I don't have to accept anything that's wrong, so if you want to move on you can.

When I say they have faced them 2 times I am saying they have played in only two series against each other. 8 matches is 16 innings of Cricket for Mohammed Yousuf out of 121. As I said before that should not effect his stats THAT substantially.

When I said he is the clear favourite I meant he CLEARLY has a better Test average, yes I will agree with you that Tendulkar has made a HUGE impact on Cricket Today. However, that's NOT the debate. The debate is whether or not in the past decade who has been a better TEST Batsmen Mohammed Yousuf or Sachin Tendulkar.

As you keep on saying and not explaining how Sachin Tendulkar is better than Mohammed Yousuf IN THE PAST DECADE. You claim that Yousuf has scored against a weak West Indies side after Ambrose and Walsh. Tendulkar has scored against West Indies after Ambrose and Walsh as well. Therefore, those amount of runs mean absolutely nothing.

As I continue to say over and over again. We are not seeing if Tendulkar is a better CRICKETER than Mohammed Yousuf. We are seeing if Yousuf is a better BATSMEN in TEST CRICKET in the PAST DECADE. The caps are emphasize those words specifically.

Yousuf has a better average in the past decade. Therefore, he has been the better batsmen there is really no explaination you can give to how Tendulkar can be a far better batsmen than Yousuf if Yousuf has a better average. Now if you were saying that Tendulkar has made such a great impact on cricket that he deserves a spot on that team makes absolutely no sense as well.

Just because he is SACHIN TENDULKAR doesn't necessarily mean he has played better. Some will say Sachin broke a record, well Yousuf did too. Sachin had a great average, Yousuf had a better one.

Also, if you look at Cricket as a whole, Tendulkar did a lot for it but if you look at Pakistan in the past decade. You think of a lot of problems and disappointments. The only major accomplishment other than a stupid T20 World Cup is really Mohammed Yousuf breaking the record of Viv Richards.

Like I said before. Sachin Tendulkar overall better player. However, Yousuf is a better player for a test match.

Dare

Chairman of Selectors
When I say they have faced them 2 times I am saying they have played in only two series against each other. 8 matches is 16 innings of Cricket for Mohammed Yousuf out of 121. As I said before that should not effect his stats THAT substantially.

Once again you are wrong as they faced each other 3 times not 2.

Also, if you look at Cricket as a whole, Tendulkar did a lot for it but if you look at Pakistan in the past decade. You think of a lot of problems and disappointments. The only major accomplishment other than a stupid T20 World Cup is really Mohammed Yousuf breaking the record of Viv Richards.

Im glad that he did that for Pakistan but what does that have to do with him apparently being a better batsman in the last decade then Tendulkar. Tendulkar did great against the best side in this decade and that's the Aussies.

Like I said before. Sachin Tendulkar overall better player. However, Yousuf is a better player for a test match.

Yousuf is the better batsman for Tests in 2006, before that and after that during this decade they are almost even. Also what would make me pick Sachin ahead of Yousuf is Sachins better record away from home.

ballers101

Club Cricketer
Yes I will agree with you that Tendulkar has played well against Australia but Yousuf has a better record away from home on that. Now like I said before just because Tendulkar has played well against the Aussies doesn't mean he is better than Yousuf. I showed you the stats before he averages 6 runs more per inning meaning Yousuf batted better.

Now Tendulkar has played well against Australia however, if you take Australia out of the equation for Tendulkar his average will drop substantially as well. So therefore, either he played GREAT against Australia or he played Decent against weaker teams. Which proves he could be the best batsmen against a great team. But then he could be average against England. That shows inconsistency so either way his average is 47 and Yousuf's average is 53.

Therefore, HE HAS PLAYED BETTER IN TEST MATCHES IN THE PAST DECADE.

Dare

Chairman of Selectors
For the most part Sachin is better almost everywhere. As the averages suggest on cricinfo. Its close but I still prefer Sachin.

Anyways I didn't have either in my team of the decade.

Dare

Chairman of Selectors
How is Sachin Better in the past decade almost everywhere? Did you not read what I just said for god's sake.

in terms of averages in countries around the world. And has played the Aussies and Safers more, the 2 top teams of his time. Like I said the majority of people will take Sachin, including me.
If you want Yousuf in your XI then take him. Why don't you post your team of the decade so we can see what you think. Dont try to force your opinion on me.

ballers101

Club Cricketer
I am not trying to change your opinion I am trying to prove a point. That if Sachin is in the consideration for a player on the team of the decade then Mohammed Yousuf needs a consideration as well. That's because in the past decade he has played better.

Dare

Chairman of Selectors
I am not trying to change your opinion I am trying to prove a point. That if Sachin is in the consideration for a player on the team of the decade then Mohammed Yousuf needs a consideration as well. That's because in the past decade he has played better.

Sure if that's your opinion go ahead and run with it.

Users who are viewing this thread