best team

f0bstyle

Club Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
out of vaughan's wins. Haven't they come against the likes of bangladesh? Don't really keep up with england cricket so my apologies. I know england have toured bangladesh recently, and so what quality teams has Vaughan captained to victory?

O

optimist

England vs. South Africa 5th Test AMP Oval. One of the best test matches I've seen and not only that, but England won, and who was captain....

Give him a chance he's still very inexperienced in the captaincy department.

R

ricky123

Originally posted by andrew_nixon79+Feb 7 2004, 10:39 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(andrew_nixon79 @ Feb 7 2004, 10:39 PM)</div>
<!--QuoteBegin-ricky123
@Feb 7 2004, 04:34 PM
B) gough certenly wants to play .
No he doesn't want to play Tests. He has retired from Test cricket. Do you know what the word "retired" means? He only wants to continue to play ODIs.

So why won't you tell us what is wrong with Vaughan's captaincy? [/b]
B) look vaughan is the most handsome cricketer i have ever seen .but he is not a good captain,cuz he lacks aggression ,skills ,he has temperment ,but not the spirit to motivate the players .

N

nik

Even though Ganguly's not in form he is an excellent captain!! :cheer:

R

ricky123

B) but i think gangully should resign from captaincy and should work on his batting a little bit more ,after all he is a very good player.but the pressure is killing the batsman in him. and i hate that

D

deadduck

Nothing is wrong with Vaughan's captaincy. It's just that since he has got it he hasn't performed as well with the bat like he did before he had the extra mantle of being captain.

The same thing happened to Sachin a few years back, he got the captaincy and his batting form suffered.
It actually happens to a lot of players as they think about the team, fielding, have a lot of stress and in the end forget about their own batting.

It takes a great player to captain well and play well. Stephen Fleming is an example, when he was first captain his form dropped greatly and that is why his career stats look so poor. Now he has had the captaincy for a very long time he has learned to overcome the pressures and he is now in great form. In the last 2 years he has averaged over 60 in tests but his career average is only about 37.

Michael Vaughan either needs a long time to get himself sorted out so he can captain well and play well at the same time, or the captaincy needs to be handed to another player less important to the team.

R

ricky123

Originally posted by nik@Feb 8 2004, 11:52 PM
then who shall be captain, Dravid isn't that good?
B) i think laxman can captain the test side and gangully for the onedayers

this will take off some pressure from gangully .

people should not forget that gamguly is india's most sucessful captain

-$ohail-

Club Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
then who shall be captain, Dravid isn't that good?

What are u talking about ?
Dravid averages 58(more than sachin) and has scored 4 double hundreds in the last 15 test matches and consistently won India matches , even abroad
Have u forgotten the Adelaide test,Rawalpindi test or even the 1st ODI at karachi and the 4th ODI at Lahore or the ODI at the GABBA where India beat AUS in the VB series
If u look at the recent Indian victories, dravid has a major contribution to it.
Be it his Solid batting or his great never say die attitude or the sacrifice he made by taking up wicketkeeping
In the last one and a half years, he has certainly emerged from the shadow of sachin and become one of the top 3 batsman in the world
I think that in the last 12 test matches , he averages 90+ . Isn`t that bradmanesque
IMO , he is the joint best batsman along with Ricky ponting with no disregards to Hayden, Sachin,Kallis,Laxman,LAra

N

nik

NOOOOO! you've misunderstood me i don't think he is a good captain! :rolleyes:

J

jc135022

Ganguly is not that great of a captain. He's been the most successful of the indian captains cos he now has a good team, like ponting does now. But i wouldn't go and say ponting should be captain because australia is playing well, there is more to captaincy than that

Z

Zain1612

here's mine :D (test)

Hayden
Shewag
Ganguly
Lara
Gilcherist
Malik
Pathan
Lee
Murlitharan