Bid 1; Kevin Pietersen

Status
Not open for further replies.

Simbazz

Chairman of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
Simon has been away Mario! ONLY team owners can bid!

Insomniac

Title Recipient
Simon has been away Mario! ONLY team owners can bid!
Please show that to me in its original format in "Da Rules"

I have contacted Mr. Sharples about this, and he feels that it is an excellent idea that future businessmen of the world can control players' contracts as well as real team owners.

My money is legit, and by the law of the USA and UK and PC and all those other boring countries, as long as I am presenting legit money, you have to accept it, unless I am outbid.

Cricketman

ICC Chairman
We all know that Mr Sharples is Simbazz so just stop :p

PC isn't a country.

You said earlier that if Simbazz posted no you would stop, and he did, so yeah.

barmyarmy

Retired Administrator
Bearing in mind you only have 400k this is all pretty hypothetical anyway...
Why not just invest directly into a team and become a part-owner?

sohum

Executive member
Profile Flag
India
Where?

It is my legal right to purchase the contract of a player, just like everyone else.
It is not your legal right to do anything since you are investing money in a private enterprise and hence it is up to the owners of the enterprise to determine your rights and privileges as long as it does not stamp on general constitutional rights (which I suppose will be roughly equivalent to the PC rules in this situation). Basically, if Simon says (lol!) only team owners can bid, only team owners can bid. ;)

Cricketman

ICC Chairman
What legal right are you talking about? Planetcricket is not a democracy, it's a dictatorship with nice dictators :p. If they tell you that you can't do something, you just can't do it.

So, bye.

Insomniac

Title Recipient
Let me put it this way - if a random guy shows up, and wants to purchase Ponting's contract (for the IPL), and is the highest bidder, there is no reason on earth that Lalit Modi wiill not give him his "contract"

pal

International Coach
Take a look at the operating rules of the IPL auction: http://www.hindustantimes.com/Story...rue&Headline=Ground+rules+for+the+IPL+Auction

One of the first things it states is that "the Player Auction will be a private auction." The use of the word 'private' is meant to limit the involvement in the auction to the franchises. If you tried to get into the auction room and arbitrarily bid on one of the players, you would be arrested and you would be probably deserve to be placed into a mental institution. Simbazz, and I don't blame him, didn't feel the need to type out a similar set of operating rules, because he was probably expecting everyone involved to act withing the limits of common sense.

This shouldn't be an issue. Simbazz has already stated that bids not originating from team management are moot. If someone who's not involved in a team still feels the need to keep bidding, it wouldn't hurt the rest of us to simply ignore the bids.

Last edited:

smssia0112

Chairman of Selectors
OK guys can we get back to bidding so it's easier for Simon to figure out who's winning? No more posting about your rights to bid on things. Just bid or stay quiet. If you want to discuss stuff use the other threads.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread