Big Beach Sports

Tubbs Farquar

School Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
Apparently this is being released the week of 26th June by THQ, here is a website I came across when looking for wii cricket games.. featuring Beach Cricket !!!

Big Beach Sports for Nintendo Wii

http://www.bigbeachsports.com.au/

includes six sports -

Beach Cricket :cheers
Beach Volleyball
Bocce
Disc Golf
American Football
Beach Soccer

Last edited:

Gilly Fan

Chairman of Selectors
Looks really crap. :p

It'll just be like baseball as you can't play back or front foot shots.

Left_Hander

Chairman of Selectors
The video that I watched looked pretty decent for the game on Wii. Bocce is on this game! :p

Tubbs Farquar

School Cricketer
Picked up a copy yesterday, looks like its all automatic shot selection, but they do play back and front foot shots from what I can tell. And you don't really have control of the direction of the shot, except that depending on whether you try swing the wii remote through straight it might play straight-ish bat shot.. while a cross-bat kinda swing is more likely to give a cut shot, or a hook or pull. Playing it to late last night with some mates, sitting around having a brews.:cheers Its not a complex game by any means, but its fun for a quick bash. The cricket rules are kind of a mix between regular and indoor cricket eg. you bat in pairs (2-players-a-side) and for a fixed amount of deliveries (which you can set). You can also play with Tip and Run rule turned ON or OFF. Bowling is ok, in that you must bowl with correct bowling action to achieve higher speed. While if you just do a throw action with the wiimote, you only get limited speed on your delivery. Also Bocce is actually quite addictive too, kinda like lawn bowls. We also had a round of Disc Golf which was good for a while until my m8 started dominating, I gotta go practice my discus swing I reckon. I played the Disc Golf for real once a couple of years ago and did enjoy it, so thought it was kind of cool that a wii game included it

Left_Hander

Chairman of Selectors
So do you give it the thumbs up?

It does sound good but I don't have a Wii. Was the soccer any good? I would buy a Wii if they made a game of actual cricket, though this seems like a decent start.

Left_Hander

Chairman of Selectors
I didn't mean that I wanted to buy a Wii for this game. I would however still like to play it as I am sure it would be a good game to play with friends.

spartie

School Cricketer
the game was actually quite fun. The games were not really complicated, as it was made for kids. Football and American Football were hard to control and were more frustrating than anything else. Most fun were Cricket, Volleyball and Bocce. Controls for those were intuitive (and movement in volleyball was automatic... just go through the motions and enjoy) Is it worth £12? Almost...

Tubbs Farquar

School Cricketer
Yes I recommend. Worth the small out lay for a fun little arcade beach cricket game for your Wii. Heck this is the only cricket game for Wii !!! And when you and your mates get bored off bashing 4s and 6s against each other, give Bocce a crack.

Users who are viewing this thread