BLIC 2005 Vs Cricket 2005 No Contest

ronaldo7777

PC Journalism Contest Winner
Online Cricket Games Owned
What is everyone on. Ive played the Lara demo. And ive rented EA's Cricket 2005. Albiet i took it back after a day after discovering i couldnt save the dam thing. Laras Graphics ARE BETTER. No question. The lighting is amazing. And as usual yes the EA batsman cannot hold the bat properly again.

Batting -

Sure Lara doesnt have the frontfoot backfoot option. You dont really need it. What are you missing out on a backfoot reverse sweep and a frontfoot pullshot. Lara has the Lofted shot and i think you can play the slog sweep (dont guarentee that). And autoplay. I think if you do that your either really bord or your plaing on the worlds worst cricket game. Cricket 2005.

Bowling-Huh

As usual. Lara beats it on all acounts. For a start. The pitching circle doesn't freeze as the bowler begins his/her run up. (EA players look like girls). On lara it can be changed at the last moment. Special deliveries are alot better and the swing on it is brilliant. And yes unlike EA you dont have to bowl constant yorkers to take wickets. Some (Either on here or Codies forums) got the Aussies out for 10 on Hard. By bowling the extreamly short slower ball. Laras batsmen can think for themselves.

Fielding-

Can someone clear something up here. Has anyone ever seen a fielder run at 250mph to field a ball. Never. There so fast. You said the batting was realistic. You cant run two because youve hit the ball through the gap going for four. Then some magical piece of fielding from world 100m record holder Asafa Powell halls the ball in. 200mph throw. Shame that fielder cant bowl that fast. And no throwing meter. Lara has one. Beautifully exicuted by the way.

Commentary-

Ive seen alot of people slagging off the Lara commentary. EA have Ritchie Benaud. The most boring commentator ever. He could send you to sleep with one word. Shame he cant do it to the Aussie batsmen (heh). Lara have 5 commentators. Who rotate. And its great. Agnew , Gower etc...

Graphics-

Lara again hands down. The animations are brill. The graphics are alot more cleaner and smoother. Sure there isnt each blade of grass done to perfection.

Overall:

Cricket 2005:

Batting:7/10
Bowling:4/10
Fielding:(A Generous) 3/10
Commentary:-5/10
Graphics 8/10
Overall Rating: 4.5/10 is about fair.

Lara:

Batting:8/10
Bowling:9/10
Fielding:9.5/10
Commentary:8/10
Graphics:9/10
Overall Rating:9/10

langerrox

International Coach
agreed i was a cricket 2005fanboy, just download blic demo, im hooked:D

barmyarmy

Retired Administrator
I'm enjoying BLIC a lot more (having played both demos) but that's partly because I knew C2k4 so well and didn't see C2k5 as being all that different.

procricketer

School Cricketer
All of you guys seem biased against EA. If there is a small bug in Cricket 2005 you talk as if it were something serious and if you find some bug in BLIC you guys prefer saying " OK thats managable " .
And ronaldo7777 no way is BLIC graphics better than EA's , thats just your assumption.

andrew_nixon

Chairman of Selectors
procricketer said:
All of you guys seem biased against EA. If there is a small bug in Cricket 2005 you talk as if it were something serious and if you find some bug in BLIC you guys prefer saying " OK thats managable " .
And ronaldo7777 no way is BLIC graphics better than EA's , thats just your assumption.
Using this current code, EA have had 3 attempts to get the game right.

Codies have had 1 attempt.

We're obviously going to be more tolerant of bugs from Codies than we are from EA.

And yes, EAs graphics are better than BLICs. So? It's how the game plays, and BLIC plays so much better it makes Cricket 2005 look like a joke.

JANER

Club Cricketer
BLIC is just too fast and arcadey, it's one thing playing a footy or a car racing game on arcade but Cricket??
C'mon ffs and the fielders in BLIC are way too fast how Ronaldo can give it 9.5 lol
Least if you are gonna review be impartial not just a Codies bum boy.
I came into this month wanting BLIC to be better as I totally respect Codies as a gaming company stemming back from their early BL days and Micro Machines etc, always being a company that listen unlike EA but gotta say EA 2005 wins this time, longer you play it the more you appreciate it, still along way being off a good game lol, wish either of these companies would take a leaf out of Pro Evolution Soccer 4, now that IS a game.

andrew_nixon said:
And yes, EAs graphics are better than BLICs. So? It's how the game plays, and BLIC plays so much better it makes Cricket 2005 look like a joke.
How can you possibly say that, a 100mph cricket arcade game???
It is fun, def but it is far far too easy to bat and cartoony/arcadey

barmyarmy

Retired Administrator
I don't think you can judge the overall game from the demo. I would assume that the demo uses the arcade mode that RG was talking about. Batting difficulty isn't a good reason not to get the game either as the full version will obviously have other difficulty levels.
My opinion and the consensus I have read so far from people who I would consider serious gamers and who have played C2k4 and both demos is that BLIC outstrips gameplay-wise but not on gfx.

jonah

International Coach
barmyarmy said:
I would assume that the demo uses the arcade mode that RG was talking about....
I bloody well hope so.

aprofromindia

Club Cricketer
I actually like the fact that BLIC is fast, cricket 2005 is way too slow with its bad cut scenes, what I want them to improve upon is the batting and ball physics, other than that I am pretty happy with BLIC

andy82

Club Cricketer
I find the Cricket 2005 demo to be almost double-speed and looks pathetic. BLIC is, in my view, the best cricket game around

Ankit kukreti

Club Cricketer
JANER said:
BLIC is just too fast and arcadey, it's one thing playing a footy or a car racing game on arcade but Cricket??
C'mon ffs and the fielders in BLIC are way too fast how Ronaldo can give it 9.5 lol
Least if you are gonna review be impartial not just a Codies bum boy.
I came into this month wanting BLIC to be better as I totally respect Codies as a gaming company stemming back from their early BL days and Micro Machines etc, always being a company that listen unlike EA but gotta say EA 2005 wins this time, longer you play it the more you appreciate it, still along way being off a good game lol, wish either of these companies would take a leaf out of Pro Evolution Soccer 4, now that IS a game.

How can you possibly say that, a 100mph cricket arcade game???
It is fun, def but it is far far too easy to bat and cartoony/arcadey

IMHO BLIC is not a arcade game at all. Batting is easy, I don't know about consoles but in pc with keyboard I am not able to play the shot I would kike to play simply because I am not able time the balll. Bowling is fun, after couple of matches I am bowling much better. Beating the edges couple of times, edges one to keeper, slips and in swinging ball to left hander trapping the batsmen lbw. Also dropping some catches not able press he button in time.

It's a action pack game not arcade and btw it's just a demo not a full version I have played the demo of cricket 2005 but BLIC is the game I am really looking forward to :onpc

whiteninness

Panel of Selectors
if you look just at the faces and shineyness of the graphics then C2K5 is better but there is much more then that.

firstly, all the bodies are the EXACT SAME SIZE AND BUILD AND HEIGHT IN C2K5. wtf is with that. one of the good things about C2K4 was the different sizes....

also they are build like rugby players, dont deny it. looks absolutly crap

in adition to outstanding batting and bowling animations, BLC graphics win hands down

rashaba16

Club Cricketer
blic is too arcadey. and the bowlers can swing the ball like if they are controlling it with a machine! :D
ea cricket 2005 is better than blic 2005.

Skater

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England
If I hear one more person say 'BLIC is cartoony' I'm de-repping them. The faces, player models, bats, graphics are all better than Cricket 2005's and yes, I have the full game of Cricket 2005.

whiteninness

Panel of Selectors
how is BLC arcady? sure its a slogfest but if u were playing in a 6 over match, wouldnt u have a swing?

just cos it dun have some pointless cutscenes that drag on and on like in C2K5, dun mean its arcadey

Users who are viewing this thread