BLIC Bat Pack

barmyarmy

Retired Administrator
BLIC Bat Pack released. I'll post the readme here in the hope that people will actually read it rather than asking me all the questions that are contained in it. I don't write it for my own personal pleasure (although it may sound a bit like it when you read it).

Readme
BLIC Bat Pack

Introduction
The BLIC bat pack contains 46 bats. See the blicbats.txt file for the full list. The bat pack will give correct bats to most of the international players in the licensed modes. This includes the Classic Matches from the World Cup and Champions Trophy.

Installation
YOU MAY WISH TO BACK UP THE REPLACED FILES FIRST
Place Replace.bag in the data directory
Place TeamAndPlayerInfo.bag in the data/gui directory
Run the game

Extras
In order to see the correct bat list in the Career Player's Kit Bag import Gametext_English.dat into Gamedata.bag (found in the data directory) using the Bag Importer or Baggi Studios.
In order to update the bat list in Mentalist's Team Information Editor v1.1.1 and above, place the bats.xml file in the XML folder.

Known issues
Player names are wrong for England and Australia - this patch contains updated squads for England and Australia (unlicensed mode) which will be different from the ones in your game profile. Use the ingame create/edit player feature to correct the names of the new players. You can also delete your game profile but this will result in you losing your career player, classic match progress, trophies unlocked etc
Why isn't X's bat in? - we only had limited space so there is a chance that your favourite players bat isn't in. We have researched quite extensively though so check that player X hasn't suddenly started using a new bat.
Player Y is using the wrong bat - it happens, I'm only human but it's very easy to fix. Open the roster with Mentalist's editor and the updated bats.xml file and you can change the bat easy as that. Post about it in the official thread as well so I can correct it for any future updates/releases.
You've put the Hero Honda and Plain bat in twice - bats 00 and 01 can only be selected in licensed mode and bats 43 to 46 will only appear in unlicensed mode so I haven't really.
Classic match players use the Hero Honda - Weren't you getting a bit sick of that boring classic bat anyway? You can always reinstall it.
The players still use random bats in unlicensed mode - Yup, you got any ideas about changing it?

Future Projects
Possibility of a High Resolution version in the future.

Credits
See the blicbats.txt file for the full bat making credits but suffice to say without the excellent work by JK16_4, Burma's Finest, Lucky, adlindz15 and langerrox this bat pack wouldn't have happened. JK16_4 and I also edited all the rosters.

I've uploaded two versions. A 20MB broadband version and a 2MB install-it-yourself dialup version (with a seperate readme):

Download link (broadband)
Download link (dial-up)

sohail

International Coach
Profile Flag
England
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
AWESOME!!! the most antipicated release in out now!!!

Hariz

International Cricketer
Finally its out :happy !!! Its a great improvement to the game !!! :hpraise

jkartik

Chairman of Selectors
my first project at planetcricket without even having the game :p !

nah,it aint that hard ! ;) good job to all who have contributed in this batpack
and hope it should be a success

RoboRocks

Chairman of Selectors
barmyarmy said:
BLIC Bat Pack released. I'll post the readme here in the hope that people will actually read it rather than asking me all the questions that are contained in it. I don't write it for my own personal pleasure (although it may sound a bit like it when you read it).

I've uploaded two versions. A 20MB broadband version and a 2MB install-it-yourself dialup version (with a seperate readme):

Download link (broadband)
Download link (dial-up)

Well done dudes

barmyarmy

Retired Administrator
RoboRocks said:
I also can give credit to Barmyarmy for a good easy to follow step by step for the people who need it

Cheers. I have a thing with readme's, namely that people rarely read what I've written and ask me questions I've already answered instead. Only one question so far that was answered in the readme so I'm pretty happy :)

Briggsey

International Coach
Ever since ive installed the bat pack the sound has gone from my game! Whats up with that?

EDIT: Everything seems to be okay now but still strange that this happened after installing the patch. Has anyone else had this problem? Great patch by the way!

Last edited:

barmyarmy

Retired Administrator
3 (this is my count of people of don't bother to read the readme and ask me questions contained in it).

As before players will only use the correct bats in the licensed modes (i.e. World Cup and Champions Trophy).
Incidentally it appears that the India CT roster was the demo one I was experimenting with and the faces were wrong.
I'll uploaded a fix here.

Users who are viewing this thread