BLIC Demo Opinions and Reviews

Who all think BLIC is going to be CRAP?

• Total voters
steppie said:
well well well over 80% people think blic will be a very good game...only 19% dont agree..lol...still those crappit 2005 fans dont shut up their mouth.hehehehe...dont cry loosers ...you knew this was coming ..right???? ;)
Lose the petty name calling, hop off the "I hate EA" bandwagon and make an effort at forming an intelligent post, cheers

Last edited:
steppie said:
well well well over 80% people think blic will be a very good game...only 19% dont agree..lol...still those crappit 2005 fans dont shut up their mouth.hehehehe...dont cry loosers ...you knew this was coming ..right???? ;)

This is the reason why I find it just about impossible to post in this section. Pointless posts like that make it impossible to read...

BLIC was so over-hyped it fell under its own weight of over expectations.
From the demo - Its not at all spectacular, it not even mediocre. Its a game far behind its time. If released in 2000 or 2002 it would've been great. Not now. If you look at the BLIC bugs forum, there's like a list of about 30-40 bugs/annoyances with the demo release. ( probably will carry over to the final version ). All the fact of the day etc means nothing in the end if the final product will not deliver.

People had low expectations for EA Cricket 2005. This helped EA Cricket 2005 outperform its expectation since it was set low for it. And to be fair, EA Cricket 2005 is a vastly superior game compared to the BLIC demo at least. We'll see how it compares to the final BLIC, but I think the final version won't make a diff.
The more I play EA Cricket 2005 in medium and hard mode, the more I'm appreciating it. There are some gripes/bugs/annoyances etc. with EA Cricket 2005 as well. However, this time if they release a patch that addresses most of these, EA Cricket 2005 will become a truly memorable game to remember.
Unfortunately, BLIC will be remembered as that 'other' hyped game that didn't live up to its high expectation. Hopefully, Codemasters will produce BLIC 2006 and forwards that'll improve on what they have today.

the main reason behind the hype was that
people were disappointed with c2k2 and c2k4 and were desperate for
a good or even decent cricket game.
when codies announced BLIC,we thought it would be the best game ever
as blc 99 was a big hit.

also,the FACT OF THE DAY increased the curiosity.

if you go 3-4 months back 99.99% members of planetcricket(including me)
hated EA.

but now that 99.99% has reduced to abt 75% and MAY reduce after
21st of july.

congrats! EA for producing a good cricket game. :clap

btw, i'm surprised that 33.98% of the members still think its going to be
the best game ever even after playing the demo

Last edited:
spazz said:
Does anyone else agree? Okay so maybe "crap" is a bit harsh, but both are decidedly average, methinks.

Cricket 2005 is still a bunch of EA garbage (can anyone play a late cut?! Grrr!) and Cricket 2004 is way too cruddy .

Go figure. :help

jk16_4 said:
the main reason behind the hype was that
people were disappointed with c2k2 and c2k4 and were desperate for
a good or even decent cricket game.
when codies announced BLIC,we thought it would be the best game ever
as blc 99 was a big hit.

also,the FACT OF THE DAY increased the curiosity.

if you go 3-4 months back 99.99% members of planetcricket(including me)
hated EA.

but now that 99.99% has reduced to abt 75% and MAY reduce after
21st of july.

congrats! EA for producing a good cricket game. :clap

btw, i'm surprised that 33.98% of the members still think its going to be
the best game ever even after playing the demo

Cricket 2005 is not that good a game according to me. Simply because you and some other members like it, it doesn't mean that everybody likes it.

BLIC will be a much better game than cricket 2005. Cricket 2002 and 2004 were a disappointment and that's the reason people are not so disappointed with cricket 2005. Surely they couldn't go further down.

Ankit kukreti said:
Simply because you and some other members like it, it doesn't mean that everybody likes it.

the same thing applies to you.

if you like BLIC doesn't mean everyone likes it.

Wait for July 21 to arrive before making any conclusion.Remember that the demo released was a work-in-progress one.So its not final.They just need to sort out the strokes and it will take hardly 1 day to sort out those things.So lets wait for the Full version to arrive..
and btw Cricket 2005 is a superb game.

Ankit kukreti said:
Cricket 2005 is not that good a game according to me. Simply because you and some other members like it, it doesn't mean that everybody likes it.

BLIC will be a much better game than cricket 2005. Cricket 2002 and 2004 were a disappointment and that's the reason people are not so disappointed with cricket 2005. Surely they couldn't go further down.

People are not disappointed with cricket 2005 cause in comparision to Blic it scores a lot.

Surely they could'nt go further down.

My dear,thats exactly what Codemasters have done.
In six years, no advance shots, no good ai and cartoony graphics .add to that the fake names issue .... have they not drowned further in the quicksand?

both are disappointing...it must be bloody hard to make a good game, or the devs aren't putting the effort in.

C2k5 looks good, and creates a more serious match, but is buggy as usual, and lacks the depth that could so easily be put in with a career mode, or classic matches. The resources are there at EA, but they've been disappointing for so long....

BLIC is fun, and the new game modes look promising, but its a bit too easy and looks....well u know. Not a bad effort after all these years, but theres definately room for improvement.

I dont know if i wanna spend my hard earned money on either of these attempts. The chance to make a brilliant game that will blow away the competition is still out there. I just pray that either EA or Codies (or both?) will realise this and really pull their finger out for their next releases.

iceman_waugh said:
People are not disappointed with cricket 2005 cause in comparision to Blic it scores a lot.

In six years, no advance shots, no good ai and cartoony graphics .add to that the fake names issue .... have they not drowned further in the quicksand?

I disagree with you. Codemasters have a made a very good game. It has lot of features, advance shot is missing, but there are lot of good things. Graphics are nice, I can't see anything wrong in it, they are simple and beautiful not as detailed as EA but overall with good animation it very nice indeed. Names can be edited so that's not a big problem. Batting in demo is not difficult, especially hitting sixers but that has nothing to do with AI. I have noticed that Playing against Australia is much difficult than West Indies. We will find out about AI when the game is released.

Comparision with BLIC, cricket 2005 is better, well that's debatable. Making a game little difficult does not mean the AI is good.

Last edited:
iceman_waugh said:

Where do you get your information from??

Cricket 2005 has been a major disaster with far more people not happy with the gameplay then happy with it. To back up my claim go to the major review sites (gamerankings), amazon.com etc and it is struggling to average 50-60% (a "disaster" in the gaming world) from professional reviewers and the general gaming community (results generally boosted by the improved graphics over cricket 2004).

So the fact I can use Vetori and bowl out all 10 batsmen in 3-4 overs in cricket 2005 (incidently the same problem in both cricket 2002/04), and pitch the ball short of a length just outside off stump which 9 times out of 10 gets the computer controlled batsman caught at deep extra cover - means that cricket 2005's AI is somehow superior??

You talk of Lara not having things like the "advance" shot, even though EA/HB studios, after numerous years and versions, still allow computer controlled bowlers to bowl more then their allotted 10 overs in one dayers??

I havn't played a full version of Lara yet (as you havn't) so i can't comment on that game, HOWEVER I have played cricket 2005 and that is a VERY poor simulation of the game I know and love.

If interested check out my review of it in the cricket 2005 forum.......

Last edited:
Hey everybody,

Reading through these threads I find it unbelievable that people prefer cricket 05 to BLIC. I love pro evo soccer, and reason I do is because it replicates football superbly well, allowing me to do everything I want to do without thinking and also allowing my to ENJOY the experience. With EA Cricket 2005 I don't enjoy playing it. Batting is difficult to score runs with ground strokes and bowling is monotonous. BLIC is enjoyable to play, because while batting I can place the ball where I want to, working the ball around, bowling is interesting as I feel I can outwit the batsman and earn a wicket. Fielding is obviously way better as I control if a batsmen is caught or not. The overall experience is one of enjoyment instead of frustration.

I'm not saying BLIC doesn't have it flaws, it has a fair few, but none that seriously detract from the fun factor. It is, after all, a completely new game engine from scatch.

I feel EA cricket has gone stale, and I'm impressed by the approach codies has taken to the genre.

I don't hate EA's effort, I just feel BLIC is more playable.

Users who are viewing this thread