BLIC Full Version - Views, Opinions and Reviews

cricketrocks12

School Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
help needed

help me how do i get wickets wid mah edited player on xbox like i have created a fast bowler but bowls at da speed of 60 km how do i build up his speed n how do i take wickets wid india

Skater

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England
I started a tour of Sri Lanka with England, 3 tests and 6 ODIs. First test, I beat loads of records! I bowled out the Sri Lankans for 167 and then belted 610 all out from my innings! Then another low score for the Lankans and I had won!
I also won the second test, declaring on 251-4 in my innings after Sri made 148 all out. Then I crushed them out for 92 to win! :)

barmyarmy

Retired Administrator
Something amusing here seeing as how we normally laugh at EA for leaving rugby files and info in cricket games. Found this in the GameData.bag file (presumeably from World Championship Rugby).

Demo Match In a thunderous encounter on a sunny Twickenham afternoon Wales have fought themselves into a position of ascendancy leading England by 17-10 at half-time. Can you light a fire under the English XV and lead them onto victory past an upbeat Welsh team playing for the pride of a nation?

Ronan_UK

Club Cricketer
Lol!

You know when the batter gets out, I've found 3 types of how he reacts now. The swing the bat one right, and then the one where they put the bat under their arm with grumbling talk, which I get after quick fire 50's and James Anderson on 14. I then got one where they didn't grumble and just carried the bat, after I got Harmisson bowled after a quick fire 30. So there is more than 1 :)

CaptainHowdy

School Cricketer
Yeah, barmyarmy, looks like that one slipped the net ;)
It was probably a temporary place holder.

Sureshot

Executive member
My view is quite simple.

If the makers can't be bothered to make a sweep shot An available shot, then i won't be wasting my time with their game.

Shall we restrict footballers to using their right foot?

Sureshot

Executive member
Well i d/l the demo like i said i would (somewhere else) and first game i thought "this has to be the worst cricket game ever", but then after persisting it is rather good and i see why people like it, i'd have to get the PS2 version though or buy a gamepad for the PC as my wrist locks up when using the keyboard for more than 15 minutes.

Loved the wristiness of Solanki, about level pegging with the 05 demo imo, so i'm going to rent out both and compare the two.

Sureshot

Executive member
Am liking this game, done the demo expander ( i know it's not full game but no demo thread i can see or search).

Although taking wickets is nigh on impossible. Done a 50 Over vs Aus with England and got to 129 and they got there without losing a wicket, i'll try it with Aus vs WIndies.

Muhammad Saad

School Cricketer
Bowling Action Editor

Codemasters take a good step in coming up of an idea for different bowling action ,although they implemented very few bowling actions, I think there should be at least three bowling action for major 8 test nation plus 1 from both Bangladesh and Zimbabwe PLUS an ability to edit them to create a new one
following are the explanation of which I trying to tell u

Each bowling actions should be divided in to 5 section
section1=Runup length
section2=Runup speed (fast,normal,slow)
section3=adding jump(high,low,none)
section4=first movement of the hands equals to half of the action (half animation before the release of the ball)
section5=releasing the ball

so if u want edit Mcgrath bowiling action u could change the runup length,runup speed,add jump to his action like zaheer khan,and if u want to the way Mcgrath release the bowl by selecting release animation of another baller like Pollock ,if they could add this feature the games should looks awesome
PLZ reply me if u like my idea

hondeyho

International Cricketer
You can only change the actual run-up but none of the following aspects seperatly unless the .cap animation file is altered but the chances of that happening is quite slim. But like I said using lazy_chesnut's editor you can change the run-up action but what you want to change can't be changed unfortunatly.

Muhammad Saad

School Cricketer
hondeyho said:
You can only change the actual run-up but none of the following aspects seperatly unless the .cap animation file is altered but the chances of that happening is quite slim. But like I said using lazy_chesnut's editor you can change the run-up action but what you want to change can't be changed unfortunatly.

Hi hondeyhi
I m trying to say that these features should be included by codies by them selves in the future releases of BLIC series, like Bowling action editor(similar to the trick editor in TONY HAWKS UNDERGROUND which takes several animation and edit them to create a new one,Its an ingame feature of TONY HAWKS UNDERGROUND)

Last edited:

hondeyho

International Cricketer
Suggestions for the next BLIC go into the suggestions thread, I do agree though it would be a good idea.

Users who are viewing this thread