BLIC Demo Opinions and Reviews

Who all think BLIC is going to be CRAP?

• Total voters

aprofromindia

Club Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
fanirama said:
You say BLIC is good, yet, you go about mentioning more of the negatives of BLIC than EA. I find that quite ironic especially because you claim to think its good. I think you're in denial that EA has this time produced a good cricket sim that is challenging and worth it and BLIC is not quite comparing to it.
Hence I claimed that BLIC is over-hyped.
I will have to write a book if I wanna write about the bugs in Cricket 2005, and frankly I am not that bothered so pardon me :cool:

graham1

School Cricketer
uk only ceefax tv has blc review on page 552 bbc or bbc 2 . the times newspaper has a review in its mag today of blc 4 out 5 and cricket 2005 3 out 5 cheers graham

Saptarshi

Club Cricketer
I am a very old member at the BLConline site, but had not played cricket games, since BLC updates werent released. I didnt like any of the EA games and was waiting for the BLC game to come up.

After I saw the new BLC 2005, all the enthusiasm for cricket games has come back and hence Im back at these forums. Nice to see all you old mates of the forum.....

Ste

Executive member
Saptarshi said:
I am a very old member at the BLConline site, but had not played cricket games, since BLC updates werent released. I didnt like any of the EA games and was waiting for the BLC game to come up.

After I saw the new BLC 2005, all the enthusiasm for cricket games has come back and hence Im back at these forums. Nice to see all you old mates of the forum.....

Good to see you back!

Ste

amolbhatia85

School Cricketer
ok people has there been any new developements regarding the difficulty of the demo? Otherwise i wouldnt bother playing it.

zimrahil

Retired Administrator
PlanetCricket Award Winner
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Saptarshi said:

I definitely remember you saptarshi. Great to have an old face around the place :cool:

ashwinkm

Club Cricketer
My review of BLC demo.
Pros- the game is real fun to play. It took a while to get used to , but then it becomes quite easy to hit 4s and 6s.
the graphics and the player animations are pretty good. Like the idea of players interacting amongst each other with the bowler glaring at the batsman etc.
shots look and feel fantastic.
bowling is fun , but took me a little longer to get used to.
great interface.

cons- a bit too arcadey. Feels like great fun to play but I am not sure how it will hold up in test matches.
My biggest gripe is this- we dont have the ability to determine whether to play a front foot or back foot shot and we cannot go down the track.This seems to be an enormous mistake since this makes the game feel less like a cricket sim. Although timing plays an important role in batting in the game, one of the biggest parts of batting is to determine when to play off the back foot and when to go front. It would have been great if we could determine that instead of the cpu.
2. The fielders throws are waaaaaaay too high. Why dont they have flat throws?
3. It would have been nice to include more misfields , over throws (which were a cute feature of c2004)
4. Why does Jason Gillespie suck at catching? He himself dropped 5 catches in a 10 over match and a few other aussies dropped catches as well. Seemed to me the windies took every single catch!

Although I am playing without the commentary , I am sure it will be better than c2005 (thats not saying much since EA has been recycling the same commentary since c2002 and it was garbage to start of with!)

steppie

Club Cricketer
ashwinkm said:
My review of BLC demo.
Pros- the game is real fun to play. It took a while to get used to , but then it becomes quite easy to hit 4s and 6s.
the graphics and the player animations are pretty good. Like the idea of players interacting amongst each other with the bowler glaring at the batsman etc.
shots look and feel fantastic.
bowling is fun , but took me a little longer to get used to.
great interface.

cons- a bit too arcadey. Feels like great fun to play but I am not sure how it will hold up in test matches.
My biggest gripe is this- we dont have the ability to determine whether to play a front foot or back foot shot and we cannot go down the track.This seems to be an enormous mistake since this makes the game feel less like a cricket sim. Although timing plays an important role in batting in the game, one of the biggest parts of batting is to determine when to play off the back foot and when to go front. It would have been great if we could determine that instead of the cpu.
2. The fielders throws are waaaaaaay too high. Why dont they have flat throws?
3. It would have been nice to include more misfields , over throws (which were a cute feature of c2004)
4. Why does Jason Gillespie suck at catching? He himself dropped 5 catches in a 10 over match and a few other aussies dropped catches as well. Seemed to me the windies took every single catch!

Although I am playing without the commentary , I am sure it will be better than c2005 (thats not saying much since EA has been recycling the same commentary since c2002 and it was garbage to start of with!)

My view of your review is that you have no idea that there is a fielding bar in the game..thats why you are dropping catches and throwing high..so first know about the game and then post a constructive review buddy...otherwise people will say idiot and laugh at ya

Users who are viewing this thread