Boss's CoolGamePlayPatch Thread

Will we need an Optional GamePlay Patch?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
yea i think you just need to tone down the cpu agression in both odi and tests

The Champ said:
but buddy how come to reduce the cpu agggression

ya particularly in test matches buddy

Hi buddy!, been long days to reply to u!, sorry!. Generally CPU aggression in ODI affected by few params.

1. Overs Pacing Configs.

2. Player Chars.

3. General AI Configs (like CPU Request, Reward, Balls Faced Level)

4. Stroke Configs. (Request, Reward)

To Jazz is well:But in Tests, Gen AI Configs, Player Char need to be modify the CPU agg!.

But explaining each of the above will be painstaking!.

TO ZoraxDoom is well: will try to post the ODI fix as soon as possible mate, but with out changing too much of agg flair of CPU which all of u like!. If most of u prefer, i can make CPU bat less aggressively in tests is well!

Boss

Last edited:
In tests-The aggression is fine. Makes you think and forces you to bowl well and apply pressure. Also allows them to score 300+ in one day.

I am working on the pacing of the CPU during ODIs(50 overs). It is kinda hard work...I am amazed at how these patch makers do it...it requires tons of patience...no wonder they take so long, with the testing and all!

Anyhow, I should be done within 1-2 days, when I'll release it. I hope you like it! I am taking a more mathematical route to fix the pacing, but if it is horrible, well boss will save us!

Boss, been using your patch for a couple of Pura Cup Matches (Hard Pitches Mostly) and it rocks!!

Well, this got over quicker than I expected(lots of thanks to the guy who thought of Copy and Paste ;) )
Here it is.
IMPORTANT NOTICE: This patch has been made with permission of the original creator, and is not meant to be released as an individual patch. All the features remain, apart from a few factors that have been tweaked in order to improve pacing. In NO WAY am I claiming that this is my own patch. This is also been made for testing, and hopefully, if all goes well, the factors used to change pacing will be implemented in his next patch.

Enjoy :)
Also, don't forget reviews!

Edit:A few small flaws in the last one...download this one instead:

Attachments

• Modified cpg50ODIMatchConfigs.zip
    17.3 KB · Views: 19
Last edited:
i'm playing a test match...cpu pakistan scored 280 in like 116 overs....around 2 an over...very slow...hard wicket...overcast conditions...think the cpu aggression shud be increased in tests...btw hard mode

ZoraxDoom said:
The batting is just fine! I love it! It allows us to chase down 300+scores, which we should be able to do! Don't change it!

Yea u can u can do it..... do it in 35-40 overs that's prob man... i'm talking about hard mode... i played a one game

IND made 328... i was lucky they didn't score 400.. what did a do..i went out there like a true srilankan batsman..took the hell out of indians...scored a 328 in 34.5
with 5 wickets standing sanga scored 153*(93) i tell u what he was just driving the ball just driving man from the first ball it self he found the gaps and timing i belive that is what has to be twk.

One more thing in ur patch boss. I played a match between England and South Africa on a Normal wicket at lords. I scored 130 runs off just 10 overs without loss.. The power of the shots are way too high. The first ball itself, I leg glanced a short one and it sped to the leg side fence like a rocket for a four. the power of the shots need to be toned down.

And I bowled to the CPU - they punished me like hell. 4 overs for 60 runs and no wickets. I then decided to switch it off. Something has gone really wrong. Check it out boss.. the cpu's aggression is way too much. I went for 4 consecutive fours off the first four balls of the innings

i was wondering
how is bowling easier in V4? and what parameters affect bowling?

because i m a decent bowler so i kinda want the easy bowling of V4 but the batting of V5

patch

guys i downloaded way back and i find two things going in this patch.

1. when i play with original cricket2004.exe batting is very hard and i cant even get through 150 in 50 overs.

2.and when i play with sam beta 1.2 version batting is too easy to bat and bowling is good too in that patch.

i think you guys have found that before.

Alright. CPU Aggression solved-trust me. It is now possible to contain the batsmen. By modifying the Pacing files I have managed to reduce the aggressiveness of the CPU to quite an extent, but not too much. 300+ totals are still possible by the CPU.

However, please note:
ZoraxDoom said:
IMPORTANT NOTICE: This patch has been made with permission of the original creator, and is not meant to be released as an individual patch. All the features remain, apart from a few factors that have been tweaked in order to improve pacing. In NO WAY am I claiming that this is my own patch. This is also been made for testing, and hopefully, if all goes well, the factors used to change pacing will be implemented in his next patch.

Enjoy :)
Also, don't forget reviews!

Attachments

• Modified cpg50ODIMatchConfigs.zip
    17.3 KB · Views: 19

Users who are viewing this thread