Bouncers and Yorkers

barmyarmy

Retired Administrator
Is there any way of stopping the computer bowling so many, i was counting an they were bowling 4/5 bouncers/yorkers an over.
Its really hard to score off the yorkers with the new field setting from the online gameplay patch and i can't reach most of the bouncers.
game is getting really boring. pls help.

i likw the cool new smilies. :up:
:velho:

zimrahil

Retired Administrator
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
no offence but yorkers are easy to score off (dreaded sweep needed) and if you can cannot reach most of the bouncers then you need to practise more - position and timing is all you need to hit the short ball B)

barmyarmy

Retired Administrator
with the new field settings you can only get one and sometimes get caught.
what is the best way to hit the short ball, if i go down the pitch i get caught at mid on or mid off.

S

sonic

barmy, walking down the wicket is almoat commiting suicide, its far more effective to just use the power boost and give yourself enough time and room to play the shot, rather than charging bowlers. In actual fact, its far more worthwhile to actually NOT use any kind of aggressive shot and build your innings by playing into the gaps and getting singles, "hit and hope" shots will just get you caught out every time.

thanks
sonic

K

killa_stiky2002

hmm...that reminds me......of my first days with the C2002.tk patch which makes bowlers bowl @ 100mph....

....did the stupid thing and danced down the pitch...thinking it was going to be a slower ball...hit me at maybe >98mph....

WENT STRIAGHT TO THE GROUND :( :lol: :blink:

Lou Vincent

School Cricketer
sweeping fast yorkers is practically a bug in the game. Sweeping them barely enters my mind and the moment I sweep a yorker I will stop playing the game because its so unrealistic.

zimrahil

Retired Administrator
PlanetCricket Award Winner
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Originally posted by Lou Vincent@May 6 2003, 12:17 AM
sweeping fast yorkers is practically a bug in the game. Sweeping them barely enters my mind and the moment I sweep a yorker I will stop playing the game because its so unrealistic.
Yep its complete rubbish, but unless your timing is spot on with any other shot you will be getting bowled quite regularly (unless you play defensively of course)

Its proves that a true cricket lover didn't program the playing yorker aspect part of the game

S

sonic

man, the best way to play a yorker is the only way - get your body over the marker and crack it over mid-off for SIX...have some of that!!!... :lol: none of this pussy sweepin :D do it the way shoaib akhtar did in the world cup...LOL, his innings against england was great :lol:

thanks
sonic

R

Rangeela

oh yes, shoaib made into record book scoring more runs as a 11th player in odi
that was a great inning played by shoaib

barmyarmy

Retired Administrator
Originally posted by sonic@May 6 2003, 02:03 PM
man, the best way to play a yorker is the only way - get your body over the marker and crack it over mid-off for SIX...have some of that!!!... :lol: none of this pussy sweepin :D do it the way shoaib akhtar did in the world cup...LOL, his innings against england was great :lol:

thanks
sonic
can you explain that a bit more? you mean play a cover drive?

U

UnderTaker

Originally posted by barmyarmy@May 6 2003, 08:57 PM

can you explain that a bit more? you mean play a cover drive?
i dont know whether cover drive works... try the lofted straight drive its a,most a 80% successsful shot...

barmyarmy

Retired Administrator
I get clean bowled 80% of the time if i play a lofted straight drive.
is that just timing?
cheers for your help guys B)

S

sonic

Originally posted by UnderTaker@May 6 2003, 09:18 PM
i dont know whether cover drive works... try the lofted straight drive its a,most a 80% successsful shot...
no, playing a cover drive shot on a yorker gets u bowled out at least 75% of the time, the shot to play is the straight over the top one like you say, with lots of power so it clears the infield, try that barmy.

thanks
sonic

U

UnderTaker

Originally posted by barmyarmy@May 7 2003, 01:53 AM
I get clean bowled 80% of the time if i play a lofted straight drive.
is that just timing?
cheers for your help guys B)
if u have some prob with ur timing try it when the ball is pitched outside the offstump and move close to the point..then try the lofted straight drive... u wont get bowled out atleast..

S

sonic

UnderTaker...obviously barmy isn't as highly skilled at the game as your great self (bows) :lol:

thanks
sonic

:throw:

Users who are viewing this thread