Bouncers and Yorkers

K

killa_stiky2002

Guys guys guys.....just defend it...there are other balls :mellow:

But anyhow...defend the yorkers...smack the short one's to the next cricket grounds :lol:

U

UnderTaker

ya its true.. i hate sweeping against the pace which is totally unrealistic... i hate the shot as much as i hate the reverse shot aginst spin... i cant think of any ugliest shot than that in cricket(reverse..)

but u have to sweep agnst pace.. otherwise u may get bowled out even when u defens the ball...

sam2002

PC Awards 2005 Best Breakthrough
Online Cricket Games Owned
In BLC we can play yorkers very well .i think the motion cap player Doesn?t know to play of the pad. :blink: .

K

killa_stiky2002

Originally posted by ritwikgames@May 7 2003, 11:42 AM
Hey LISLE, you seriously play that defensive ?
I think he does lol :lol:

I am like Chanderpaul...defensive then explodes. But I like to take my time.

otherwise u may get bowled out even when u defens the ball...
Are we playing the same game here? You all obviously don't know how to play yorkers :batman:

barmyarmy

Retired Administrator
I can playthe sweepshot. I just find it boring and unrealistic, i'm looking for other ways to play the ball.
It's also hard to get runs using the sweep with Zim's new field settings.
I have tried the lofted drive but i'm not as good as people like Rangeela B)
thanks for your help anyway.

K

killa_stiky2002

........why is it SO hard to just defend it like players do in real life???..........

R

Rangeela

hey there is nothing wrong playing it defensive......

i do that sometimes too.......

R

Rangeela

i play once in a while when I am totally lost by off spinners specially when they bowl a yoker length, but it is very occassionally

A

Auwais BARTHEZ

If a spinner plays a yorker just sweep it with power boost and it's out of here!
Barmy,you should just go for the sweep.90% of the time I nick a single playing a sweep on a yorker,but it's better than being bowled isn't it? :lol:

S

sonic

I do the same auwais, but I think the point barmy was making is how boring and unrealistic playing the sweep shot is on yorker length deliveries. The only other options without getting bowled is a straightish mid-off shot power blast or a defensive shot. I think we can look forward to hopefully better shot selections in cricket 2004, hopefully the whole game will be something to cheer :up:

thanks
sonic

Users who are viewing this thread