Bowling Guide!

Thanks for this. I've been playing around with this for a couple of days -- I'm reasonably happy with the aim now but I still can't for the life of me get a good length delivery with a fast bowler that hits the stumps heightwise, they're all still too high. Even if I hit up on right stick at the earliest possible moment in the green zone.

This is frustrating as the only chance I have of getting someone out bowled or LBW is with a full length delivery.

why do you think you should be getting lbw from anything other than a full length delivery?

I dont understand why that would be frustrating. Its like saying the only chance of getting lbw is bowling at the stumps.

Apart from the odd ball that stays low because of some pitch anomaly or a really good slower ball they will all have to be pitched up.

Bowl the first few on a good length and check the bounce and carry. Each bowler and wicket will be different. Adjust accordingly.

----------

can someone help me, can't seem to be able to get the release correct, keep bowling wides.

use your thumb instead of your elbow

I had to laugh at that :lol

There isn't really much you can do to help with wides, other than ensure you can push a stick straighter ;)

Another bowling thing that I don't think has been mentioned is that when you bowl a swinging ball: your push up doesn't account for it. If you have someone who can bowl a cracking in swinger then in order to get it on the stumps you have to push the right stick up and away a fair bit and let the bowl swing back. If you release the ball straight at the stumps; it will drag down the leg side.

Anyone struggling to get edges, I suggest aiming for the cracks in the pitch - I just got 2 caught behind wickets from ones which moved off the pitch and another which just failed to carry in one spell just now.

Guys, I am a new born baby when it comes to games so your help is needed.

When exactly do you press the RAS down in bowling? This is my 1st day and I am trying to bowl in net but unable to rotate the arm and it ends up being 'Late'. Been struggling for nearly an hour and checked every possible video and read forums.

Can anyone please guide me here? I am playing on PC with game controller.

Thank you

Guys, I am a new born baby when it comes to games so your help is needed.

When exactly do you press the RAS down in bowling? This is my 1st day and I am trying to bowl in net but unable to rotate the arm and it ends up being 'Late'. Been struggling for nearly an hour and checked every possible video and read forums.

Can anyone please guide me here? I am playing on PC with game controller.

Thank you

I suggest that you play in the Match Practice game. It is very useful for giving you the basic controls of the game and it will help you with your bowling timing.

Sad part is, I cant even bowl. But let me try that and see if it helps.

I assure you that it will because you can't perform the delivery part of the action before getting your jump timing correct.
Just to clarify things, the RS is moved backwards/downwards to start the jump and forwards/upwards to deliver the ball. It's not depressed.

Last edited:
I assure you it will because you can't perform the delivery part of the action before getting your jump timing correct.

Exactly! I have tried every possible combination.

Is this the correct flow?

Select delivery type: A > Use LAS to determine angle of delivery > During the run up, use LAS for swing > When the marker gets into the green ZONE use RAS (down) and then UP for release.

OR

Select delivery type: A > Use LAS to determine angle of delivery > During the run up, use LAS for swing > Hold RAS (down) and then UP for release.

OR

I should quit!

Sad part is, I cant even bowl. But let me try that and see if it helps.
By default there is a visual guide at the top left of the screen which assists you with the timing of the RAS movements. The green zones at the top and bottom indicate when to flick the stick down and up respectively. I think you can also turn on an audible assist which beeps at the correct timing (heard it in a vid posted by @blockerdave I think)

I was struggling to get the timing down to begin with, but if you persist with the match practice mode then I'm sure it will click into place for you.
Spin bowling is a little more tricky to get the hang of, but again after a few hours of practice you should have the controls and timings committed to memory.

Also, read the manual! It's got all of the controls in it and is actually well worth a thorough read.

Great! Thanks guys. Lemme make some coffee and stick to it religiously. Will update you guys about it in sometime.

Thank you for the patience :)

Exactly! I have tried every possible combination.

Is this the correct flow?

Select delivery type: A > Use LAS to determine angle of delivery > During the run up, use LAS for swing > When the marker gets into the green ZONE use RAS (down) and then UP for release.

OR

Select delivery type: A > Use LAS to determine angle of delivery > During the run up, use LAS for swing > Hold RAS (down) and then UP for release.

OR

I should quit!

Don't quit. You will enjoy the game when you get the hang of it.
I think the term 'angle of delivery' is a bit confusing. You are actually choosing your position of delivery on the crease.

Users who are viewing this thread