Bowling Guide!

Offie

School Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
Whenever i think i have mastered the spinners someone hammers them all around the park?
I am rotating the left stick the correct way and releasing both sticks at the same time but i still cant seem to spin the ball much.:facepalm

Spinners will occasionally get hammered, especially straight by the AI. It's got nothing to do with how much visible spin you're getting though. What RPM are you getting?

jaraarrow

International Coach
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Offie

Spinners will occasionally get hammered, especially straight by the AI. It's got nothing to do with how much visible spin you're getting though. What RPM are you getting?

Thanks offie but this was online,sometimes i bowl well then when i think i've cracked it sombody hammers me all over.:mad:facepalm:)
Also does anyone know when the best time is to pull back on the right stick online with no bowling hud with medium and fast bowlers,I know its best to pull back as late as possible without getting a no ball but im trying to find a balance.
I think i am pulling back slightly to early because of this.

Last edited:

Offie

School Cricketer
Thanks offie but this was online,sometimes i bowl well then when i think i've cracked it sombody hammers me all over.:mad:facepalm:)

Point remains though. Even Murali and Warne occasionally got smacked all over. The point is that spin isn't particularly brilliantly represented visually.

asprin

Administrator
Admin
India
PlanetCricket Award Winner
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Very helpful. Thanks! I was struggling a bit initially but this cleared up a lot of things.

asprin

Administrator
Admin
India
PlanetCricket Award Winner
I feel like I can't bowl on the stumps for the life of me!

Haven't tried the spinners yet but it's quite easy with a pace bowler. Just make sure you push the RAS up at 90 degree to make sure the line isn't changed.

EDIT: This is at Amateur difficulty though.

sami ullah khan

Panel of Selectors
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
how do you spin the ball. I have tried everything. I know that you to rotate clock wise for offies and vice versa but I cant get rpm over 300.
I want to ask where do I stop after three rotations and when should I push the right stick to get the maximum spin.

sweet magee

County Cricketer
Sure there's much better players than me but after many weeks of playing I worked out that the key to getting high rpm as a spinner is to start rotating the left stick after the bowlers taken a few steps of his run-up.

If you start rotating the left stick smoothly at the correct time - say 2 seconds into the run-up - and push up when the bowling arm is straight up you should get big revs.

Took me ages to work it out but it made difference from 300ish rpm to anything up to about 1200 rpm now on my 17 year-old career player.

Varun

ICC Board Member
Thanks for this guide, I've really been struggling with pace bowling now. Can't get the jump and release timing right. This should help!

Graphite

School Cricketer
Hey guys, just a quick question. I'm playing as a wrist spinner with leg break as my strong point, when clicking any of the delivery types without moving my joystick, sometimes it'll give me a really strong leg break delivery but then other times it'll in swing? I'm still getting used to the game so I'm not sure why this occurs?
Also, in practice mode, there is the tutorial bit where it says when moving the right LAS a certain way it does a certain ball, is there anyway we can get that in career mode?

akashmahato

School Cricketer
hello everyone.i am new to this thread.so i haven't read all of yours tips towards bowling if posted earlier. i am playing as a fast bowler in career and now i am moving towards 17.so the AI has become harder.my problem is now i am not able to aim for the wiickets even if it is on the line or just offside.everytime i bowl it just pass over the wickets or sideways, no matter which delivery i choose my economy is impressive,so creating pressure as AI makes some mistakes evry times bowl just moves above wicket not hitting it .also m not getting wickets .

plz help somebody.

specially in testmatches now m not getting even a single wicket now matter how beautifully i bowl and how many mistakes Ai does.still.played a lot of matches .:::(:(:(:mad

zaff4444

Club Captain
How do you appeal for an lbw decision in the game?can you even appeal?

akashmahato

School Cricketer
hello everyone.i am new to this thread.so i haven't read all of yours tips towards bowling if posted earlier. i am playing as a fast bowler in career and now i am moving towards 17.so the AI has become harder.my problem is now i am not able to aim for the wiickets even if it is on the line or just offside.everytime i bowl it just pass over the wickets or sideways, no matter which delivery i choose my economy is impressive,so creating pressure as AI makes some mistakes evry times bowl just moves above wicket not hitting it .also m not getting wickets .

plz help somebody.

specially in testmatches now m not getting even a single wicket now matter how beautifully i bowl and how many mistakes Ai does.still.played a lot of matches .:::(:(:(:mad

plz help anybody

Users who are viewing this thread