Story Bowlings tips anybody?

dazza76

Club Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
Played my 1st proper game yesterday as ive spent the last week or so getting used to it.
I played a c&g trophy match against Surrey as yorkshire on a green pitch and got smashed for 389/6 off 20 overs on medium level. Azhar Mahmood hit 138 off 40 balls.
I varied the bowling and bowled what i thought as a good line and lengh but was consistently getting smacked for 4s and 6s.
Im not sure if this is the game thats at fault or me missing something obvious so if anybody can suggest a few good bowling tips for a distraught Yorkshireman i would be very happy.
Cheers

zimrahil

Retired Administrator
PlanetCricket Award Winner
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Its the crap pacing files used by the cpu in ODI's. The values are far too aggressive
If you are using PS2 then you are stuck with the game as is.
However for PC, there is a gameplay patch to fix this (see my essential download thread), or you can download prakash's config editor and select the 1 day 20 file and reduce the '6 hit' and 'aggressive' values

madmattg

International Cricketer
I still cant see how you get smacked for so many runs of so few overs.

I produce a sh*t load of maiden overs. Thats on PS2 or PC try varying your fields if need be.

If the line and length your using doesnt work change and change again until you find a way to stop the scoring.

brad352

Executive member
Alternatively you could play a proper one dayer instead of a 20 over slog

TheGame

School Cricketer
In the corner of a dark room with nothing in it bu
The best line and lenght for bowling to any batsman is:
Line should be on or just outside offstump (6-8inches).
Lenght should be around 7-8 yards from the batsman.
With this you can put the batsman in trouble :) no problems at all.
You should keep atleast 1 slip but I recommend 2 slips. At this line and length the batsman might give away an edge. Full lenghth edges are a bit too fast impossible for your slips to catch the ball!
In the game it doesn't show the distance (meters for the batsman) so bowl at the length you think is 7-8 meters from the batsman. In default view i think it is almost near to the umpires hat (not sure though) cause I use above view which is kind of cool. (easy for me to get the line and length)

Last edited:

lashpash

Club Captain
plz help me how to swing a new ball &old ball bopth in test or in odi plz help me

Users who are viewing this thread