Brian Lara Cricket 2007 Bugs

pingusten

Club Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
The other day i finally got a faint nick when in a game between England and West Indies. Yes, a faint nick, exactly what i thought was going to be a great strength for this game. I think it was Sarwan off Harmison, and it flew off the bat at a rate of notts. I immediately prepared for the ridiculous catching meter to pop up, but it didnt. Paul Nixon decided it was a great time to stand still and the ball passed straight through his head (yes, actually through his head) and raced for four.

To add insult to injury, up piped the commentary. "Beautifully timed shot there, that'll send his confidence way up"

:crying

AbBh

Panel of Selectors
yes i too have seen the ball pass through the keeper sometimes.I also hate the way the keeper collects the ball one handedly and the keeper seems to have magnetic hands. If the ball is not in line with his hands it moves parallel to itself sideways.

pingusten

Club Cricketer
If Codemasters have to improve anything in the upcoming patch it must be the wicket keeper animations. They are utterly abysmal. The way he hops when a throw is launched in from the boundary and then whips off the bails makes me frustrated every time, and often scuppers any chance of a runout. Plus the AI bowler throwing the stumps down when the ball is played back to him really irates me. Little bugs let the game down big style.

angryangy

ICC Chairman
Most of what's mentioned in here aren't bugs.

Anyone else notice frequent crashing in certain circumstances? I've got a save game that crashes at some point every time I try to play it. Other times the game is fine.

pingusten

Club Cricketer
angryangy said:
Most of what's mentioned in here aren't bugs.

Anyone else notice frequent crashing in certain circumstances? I've got a save game that crashes at some point every time I try to play it. Other times the game is fine.

Probably a corrupted game save. Happens on all games.

lazy_chesnut

International Coach
Corrupted saves are not able to be loaded in BLIC 2007 as they employ file-checking algorithms.

One little thing I've noticed sometimes is that the fielders will all take off their hats for an over or two, totally inexplicably!

manee

Chairman of Selectors
This is probably because adding hats to fielders was a last minute addition based on people's disguist at seeing that fielders did not wear caps in the screenshots,

arundracula

Club Cricketer
View this bug

These are the main two bugs except the bowler throws everytime to bowler's stump.
I hate this type of runout.
Other bug is sometime the second over will be a spinner. (Take England or SriLanka as CPU).

In the second image, what are the persons behind wicket keeper doing???

Attachments

• error1.JPG
    error1.JPG
    69.6 KB · Views: 169
  • error2.JPG
    error2.JPG
    49.4 KB · Views: 166
Last edited:

angryangy

ICC Chairman
Yeah, I've seen that fielder thing before. First one isn't much of a bug, though, because that's just how the game plays; they tap down instead of grounding and running past line. Frustrating, but not a bug. Mind you, the way this game works, risky singles aren't exactly necessary.

manee

Chairman of Selectors
I would say I would rather no run overthrows at all and batsman slide their bat in or a button to slide your bat in, it is necessary for cricket to slide your bat in.

khan31

International Coach
I can remeber my coach always telling me from the boundary SLIDE YOUR BLOODY BAT!! Its the onl way to be safe when running a tight single. Also I have had a nick that went up a little landed at first slips ankles and then second slip chased it! Why didn't he dive forward to catch it! Also all "edges" in this game baloon up. It looks so unrealistic when a shortish delivery that has already past its peak height hit the edge of the bat and goes further in altitude! Its stupid. So they picked up on none of this then? Why didn't we get to see some gameplay videos like we do with every other game!

Suraj

School Cricketer
The CPU never selects to field first, or never did so in my game :( and the umpire makes to much LBW misdecisions.

iiball3

School Cricketer
has anyone also noticed that a bug in the game is that the batsman changes bat through out the game?

tekNique

School Cricketer
They should make the wide ball line tighter out off stump and not allow spinners to bowl short balls any further back than half way. This would help online play heaps.

adriano123

Club Cricketer
the funny ones i saw that maybe other guys must have noticed that whn the bowler is running in at a day time match chk out the shadows......the huge human beings or the players dont have shadows while little things like the ball(which is in the bowlers hands ) and wickets do have shadowzz...seems weird ...and in lbw appeals u can see guys at the boundary appealing for lbw.....that also from deep square leg ......which lenses do these guys where i also want too order them...and in runnouts batsmen dont drag their bat but simply turn around whn they havent even reached.....i will try to provide screenshots if some1 need them

Users who are viewing this thread