Brian Lara Cricket

gilly204

School Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
I was browsing the net and i read that brian lara cricket is going to be back in action.
so i went to the codematers site and it said that there will be a new brian lara cricket game
Originally posted by From the Codemasters.com website

9th September 2004
It?s Batsman Returns as Codemasters announces Brian Lara?s return to video gaming

With cricket?s ICC Champions Trophy 2004 beginning tomorrow, Friday 10th September, Codemasters announces that it has signed a new deal with Brian Lara, the West Indian captain, to headline a return for the renowned cricket video game series.

As one of cricket?s greatest ever players and one of video gaming?s biggest sports icons, the licence will see Codemasters publish Brian Lara International Cricket for PlayStation 2, Xbox and PC in winter 2005.

Acclaimed as the definitive cricket game series, the new game comes ten years after Codemasters launched the original Brian Lara game and over five years since the series appeared on any platform.

Brian Lara International Cricket will deliver all the atmosphere and excitement of major international cricket, in One Day, Tests and Tournaments, and have the perfect balance of gripping gameplay whether batting, bowling or fielding.

?It?s great to be back working with Codemasters again,? says Brian Lara, ?I?ve always been proud of my association with the games - I?m often asked if a new one was coming. Codemasters always does a great job in capturing the essence of cricket and I know they?ve brought me, and the sport in general, a whole lot of new supporters.?

Historically, when the Brian Lara Cricket series first appeared on Sega Mega Drive in May 1995 it was one of the most phenomenal introductions of a sports game series. The initial shipment of Mega Drive cartridges was planned to cover 10 weeks supply, but within 3 days every cartridge produced was sold.

With new carts being produced and shipped daily, it went on to become the best-selling video game on any format from July through to September of that year. The series went on to enjoy massive success on PlayStation (PSone) and PC but the arrival of Brian Lara International Cricket next summer will be the first appearance for the legendary batsman?s game on current formats.

Brian Lara International Cricket, a co-design and development project between Codemasters and Swordfish Studios, will launch winter 2005 for PlayStation 2, Xbox and PC.

Good news or what! :Party

Offical Site www.brianlara.com

relaxedanderson

County Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
Great news! Mainly because it means that there is competition in the Cricket games market at last.

Hope it's not limited to just International cricket though, got to be able to play as Glamorgan if I'm going to shell out on a game. I'm still waiting for a fully integrated game where you play a season of domestic cricket with the international stuff in amongst it all.

Let's hope it's good though.

Users who are viewing this thread