Not open for further replies.

Gaurav_7

Executive member
CSK
RR
X Rebels
Profile Flag
India
I know it's been called off by the staff but, I think there should be one official Cricket league for probably the largest Cricket forum. I know there are a lot of Cricket leagues by the users but we can have an 'official' one, can't we?

I'm very sure there are many people who will be interested in this, especially seeing the activity in leagues forum. I've tried to bring this thing up by contacting several people personally but always got negative replies. Still, I'm posting here to see if they can now try to bring it back. Maybe if enough people support it.

Anyone?

barmyarmy

Retired Administrator
It's not a site-decision to call it off or cancel it just a lack of people willing to put the time into running it.
Simbazz has done the bulk of the work for several seasons (aided by others) and I'm sure he'd be as delighted as me if someone else wanted to organise it.

Gaurav_7

Executive member
CSK
RR
X Rebels
Profile Flag
India
I know that you guys haven't called it off. But, I feel if it is thought upon there will be people who can run it. There are so many people running their leagues, successfully too. If they can all unite, this can be done.

Papa_Smurf

International Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
I thought Sureshot ran it originally. While it is a good idea, I don't see how one could run it. How many teams do you have? Who gets left out? Is there need for a two-tier system etc? What makes it different from all the other leagues etc...

Ollie_H

Chairman of Selectors
PCCL was the original 'official league (before this whole rubbish league section took over) when members were a part of a team and matches against opposing teams were then simmed on cricsim. But then Simbazz developed an 'IPL-style' spin off when interest was waning in in the PCCL and created a 25 over PCPL. That was supposed to keep people interested during the off-season or mid-season of the PCCL.

But as the leagues section began to thrive *shudders* activity was lost in the official league and people weren't as interested as before and thus it died.

Varun

ICC Board Member
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
League section isn't rubbish in my opinion.

Highlander999

ICC President
Yes it is, it's like walking into PC's equivalent of Hull. It's full of shite people, with shite chat and just in general shite.....like Hull :D

Also another reason cricsim won't ever work again is PC's activity is way down on what it was in the Golden Years (:p Yes, yes admins, those famous years ;)) There just aren't enough active members with good banter

Simbazz

Chairman of Selectors
Well well, I didn't expect to see this.

As Colin said, I'd love someone to pick it up and run it, I genuinely would. I'd even put in a few hours to help out, but I cannot (more accurately, will not) run the PCPL again. As Zorax, and Rhys can vouch. It was bloody hard work sorting things out.

If Sohum had continued work on his simulator to the point where things could be done almost without me, and match creators, there might be legs in the whole idea. Without a program to easily create, post and keep track...its too difficult for anyone.

The thing is, PCPL worked for a season or two and it was evident after the 3rd season that interest was all but gone. I'd say only maybe 5 out of every team (so maybe 25 people) kept some form of posting up, whilst out of those who did post only 5-6 of them "power posted".

Sorry about that User2010, but I doubt we'll ever see cricsim of any kind on here ever again. Tom, shut up about that Golden age ;)

Papa_Smurf

International Cricketer
I'd love to hear some tales from the Golden Age Tom ;)

"I remember that one time I posted some witty banter in PCPL thread, and everyone agreed it was witty. Ahhh....golden times, those."

:p

Simbazz

Chairman of Selectors
I'd love to hear some tales from the Golden Age Tom ;)

"I remember that one time I posted some witty banter in PCPL thread, and everyone agreed it was witty. Ahhh....golden times, those."

:p

You've been searching through some old threads haven't you! ;)

Papa_Smurf

International Cricketer
Ofcourse. Name me one person who doesn't read the old threads of PC so they can re-live the Golden Days ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread